Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• weatherking2019weatherking2019 Posts: 304Member Member Posts: 304Member Member
    I bought a box of premade shake at costco a while ago (Muscle Milk Light) which turned out to be nasty! Couldn't drink it and it was stilling in my garage fridge. I needed to use it or toss it. (taking too much space) So I opted to use it.
    My 1st try making it into an Oatmel shake:
    Dry Oatmeal, Frozen Black Berries, Frozen 1/2 Banana, Muscle Milk light - Blend with little ice.

Turned out pretty yummy! Still full. Looks like this will be my breakfast until I use it up :D
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,126Member Member Posts: 4,126Member Member
    The houseguests who I thought were vegetarian have become pescetarian. Dinner tonight is:
    https://thewoksoflife.com/di-san-xian-stir-fry/
    https://www.chinasichuanfood.com/chinese-tomato-and-egg-stir-fry/
    https://www.budgetpantry.com/airfried-cod-fish-with-crispy-skin/
    https://yupitsvegan.com/mongolian-seitan-vegan-beef/
    Dessert is something I made in advance. There is pina colada sorbet in the freezer and some coconut macaroons lying around.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,126Member Member Posts: 3,126Member Member
    Georgian Chicken in Pomegranate and Tamarind Sauce is on the stove at the moment. I used a quarter of the chicken (because I don't need to make 20 pieces of chicken..). As of now it looks like the sauce is a little too spicy, but we'll see. I'll probably eat it with rice.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,262Member Member Posts: 7,262Member Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    Georgian Chicken in Pomegranate and Tamarind Sauce is on the stove at the moment. I used a quarter of the chicken (because I don't need to make 20 pieces of chicken..). As of now it looks like the sauce is a little too spicy, but we'll see. I'll probably eat it with rice.

I had a dish like this during my last Euro vacation at a Georgian resto. Loved it. But then again, I love properly spiced / seasoned food.
    Honey mustard sauce pork tenderloin with roasted delicatta squash and cabbage salad.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,126Member Member Posts: 3,126Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »

I had a dish like this during my last Euro vacation at a Georgian resto. Loved it. But then again, I love properly spiced / seasoned food.

I also love properly seasoned food (as I think is probably apparent from everything I've posted in this thread) and am typically fond of spicy food. When it was actually finished, it ended up not being too spicy. I did need to add more sweet paprika and salt, but it's delicious.
    edited October 2
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Posts: 304Member Member Posts: 304Member Member
    @just_Tomek , I am marinating pork tenderloin for tonite! I added, Salt, Pepper, Sriracha Mustard, Maple syrup and Garlic. I'll serve with Baked zucchini I think.

Last night: Sauteed green beans, Teriyaki Salmon Patties, Salad and Rice (for son).
    @just_Tomek , I am marinating pork tenderloin for tonite! I added, Salt, Pepper, Sriracha Mustard, Maple syrup and Garlic. I'll serve with Baked zucchini I think.

Last night: Sauteed green beans, Teriyaki Salmon Patties, Salad and Rice (for son).

Going to roast it whole or slice it?
    I did mine sliced and pan seared then returned back to finish in the sauce.
  • jalapenos6000jalapenos6000 Posts: 13Member Member Posts: 13Member Member
    Tuna mornay
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Posts: 653Member Member Posts: 653Member Member
    Slowcooker BBQ chuck roast with onions on egg noodles and maple carrots, sides of steamed green beans and tomato salad. Low-and-slow: 10 hrs. for this chuck roast, transforming the Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce into something much more sublime (and dark!) plus making the beef and onions meltaway tender. MFP thinks this plate is about 1500 calories, which I have in today's food budget.

w3qk1kjtq5v0.jpg
  • hikoamhikoam Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Eggs and sausage. <3
    Shrimp tikka masala, curried cauli rice and roasted cauliflower.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Posts: 1,119Member Member Posts: 1,119Member Member
    Mexican Beef Crack Slaw with whole avocado.
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,126Member Member Posts: 4,126Member Member
    Dinner tonight.
    https://www.pedanticfoodie.com/blog/2014/2/19/artichokes-with-hollandaise
    https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/12/sauced-vodka-cream-sauce-recipe.html

I do the hollandaise a bit differently. Melt butter with lemon juice in a bowl in the microwave, place bowl au bain marie over a small pan of simmering water. Whisk in egg yolks. When thickened to desired consistency remove from heat and adjust seasonings. A lot of people swear by the modern blender methods for foolproof hollandaise but clean up is so much easier using the classic technique.
  • JelaanJelaan Posts: 673Member Member Posts: 673Member Member
    Chicken stew tonight. Feels like Fall today with the cool rainy weather so I needed some comfort food.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Posts: 1,119Member Member Posts: 1,119Member Member
    tonight I had an air fried chicken breast and butternut squash. was too hungry to take a photo...haha
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 6,621Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,621Member, Premium Member
    Lobster poached in a butter vanilla tarragon sauce over linguine.