Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• widgit808widgit808 Posts: 126Member, Premium Member Posts: 126Member, Premium Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Vegan beef less beef tripe soup.

@just_Tomek How did you make this? I would think tripes texture and flavor would be hard to replicate
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,012Member Member Posts: 7,012Member Member
    widgit808 wrote: »

@just_Tomek How did you make this? I would think tripes texture and flavor would be hard to replicate

Actually surprisingly not at all thanx to the oyster mushrooms. Basically spice it up as you normally would, slice oyster mushrooms in half length wise, saute a bit with onions and shredded carrots, cover with veggie stock and cook for around 30min simmering for the flavours to develop.

If you want the exact recipe let me know.

But do know that nothing beats real tripe soup and this is just good enough for vegans. Just like plant based burgers. Not the real thing but good enough.

Grass fed beef tenderloin steak on a grill with baked potato and a salad for Mom and me.
  • shellywelly123shellywelly123 Posts: 143Member Member Posts: 143Member Member
    Cod with cheese and leek crust, baby corn, tenderstem, carrots and green beans
  • geraldaltmangeraldaltman Posts: 1,313Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,313Member, Premium Member
    owukkggkvj6r.jpg

Cabbage Bacon Kielbasa Stir Fry

4 slices crispy cooked bacon
    [Equals about 2 tablespoons which I took from supermarket salad bar]
    1 teaspoon sesame oil
    [I have Japanese]
    1 lb. kielbasa sausage
    [I used a Lite variety and 14 oz, I don't think 1 lb packages are sold]
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    [I used olive oil which is what I had]
    1 large sweet onion cut in half and then cut in thin crescents
    1 red bell pepper julienned
    1 head green cabbage cut in thin shreds
    [1 bag cole slaw mix. I try to minimize actual work in kitchen. It works in a lot of recipes and the julienned carrots add color a gives you an extra veggie]
    2 cloves minced garlic
    [1 teaspoon jarred pre minced]
    Salt & pepper to taste

Instructions
    Before starting cook bacon in oven or sauté pan. Place on paper towels and set aside.
    {Ignore this step if you raid salad bar as I did}
    Add sesame oil to wok and heat on high. Add kielbasa and cook until lightly browned. Add 1 tablespoon canola (olive) oil and heat on high until just smoking. Add onion and red pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring a couple of times. Add cabbage and cook additional 3-4 minutes stirring several times. Add garlic and cook 1 additional minute. Adjust heat down a bit if needed. Crumble bacon over the top and salt & pepper to taste.
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,011Member Member Posts: 4,011Member Member
    Chicken thighs and roast potatoes done in the air fryer. Asian tomato salad. Sauteed spinach. Red wine reduction with lingonberry preserve.
    vjlwsgq7zrx7.jpeg
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Posts: 1,731Member Member Posts: 1,731Member Member
    Pigs in blankets. One of my favorite camping meals.
  • CharlieAnn31CharlieAnn31 Posts: 42Member Member Posts: 42Member Member
  • changeconsumemechangeconsumeme Posts: 227Member Member Posts: 227Member Member
    Totally made some Hamburger Helper for the first time in years today. Huge side of broccoli to compensate.
    Chicken drums in paprika marinade, fries, salad.
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Posts: 255Member Member Posts: 255Member Member
    Had family over for Sunday brunch: Egg salad (Eggs and Celery), Tuna salad (Canned tuna with Pickles) , Green salad with Bagels.
    Sunday dinner with friends: Filet mignonette, Burgers on Kaiser roll, Salad, Slaw, Baked pasta with broccoli. I indulged it with some Merlot.
    Reheated my beefless and tripeless, beef tripe soup lol :)
    Had family over for Sunday brunch: Egg salad (Eggs and Celery), Tuna salad (Canned tuna with Pickles) , Green salad with Bagels.
    Sunday dinner with friends: Filet mignonette, Burgers on Kaiser roll, Salad, Slaw, Baked pasta with broccoli. I indulged it with some Merlot.

Absolutely horrible way to spend a sunday. What a nightmare. ;)
  • hmhill17hmhill17 Posts: 170Member Member Posts: 170Member Member
    Sous Vide eye of round, roasted fingerling potatoes with goat cheese, roasted broccoli.
  • o0kody0oo0kody0o Posts: 561Member, Premium Member Posts: 561Member, Premium Member
    Not a meal but I baked my own chocolate brownies with icing and chocolate shavings on top. It was my first time doing it and I think they turned out pretty good!
    zhbsjj0ld98u.jpeg
    ntk10en9hjsp.jpeg

• weatherking2019weatherking2019 Posts: 255Member Member Posts: 255Member Member
    @just_Tomek I know! I ate all day :p

Monday dinner: Burrito! Cheese, Refried beans, Salsa chicken, lettuce and avocados- We chowed it down. Yum
  • rainingribbonsrainingribbons Posts: 442Member Member Posts: 442Member Member
    Shrimp tacos with green peppers, cilantro/greek yogurt sauce, and homemade pico. Was delicious and I'm soooo looking forward to leftovers tonight!
  • widgit808widgit808 Posts: 126Member, Premium Member Posts: 126Member, Premium Member
    widgit808 wrote: »

Actually surprisingly not at all thanx to the oyster mushrooms. Basically spice it up as you normally would, slice oyster mushrooms in half length wise, saute a bit with onions and shredded carrots, cover with veggie stock and cook for around 30min simmering for the flavours to develop.

If you want the exact recipe let me know.

But do know that nothing beats real tripe soup and this is just good enough for vegans. Just like plant based burgers. Not the real thing but good enoug

@just_Tomek Very interesting! I can see how the oyster mushroom would work. Brilliant!
    A big bowl of ramen.
    Ropa Vieja tacos.