What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Pulled pork cooked in the crockpot in diet ginger ale, salad, and french fries.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Roasted me some butternut squash slices and onions with smoked paprika, chilli and thyme. Chunked ‘em and popped ‘em in a pot with passata, sundried tomato pesto, and smoked tofu. When the tomato had thickened, I sprinkled on some cheese and finished off under the grill. Nom!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    The meal I posted earlier augmented by indonesian tomato salad made by hubby and store bought custard.
    eumtqj3jsspa.jpeg
    6ylx2e1ab50v.jpeg

• OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    this was the last meal I cooked today, its called Lower Sodium Goulash Casserole
    o0vhsv40oguk.jpg
  • SodaDrinker
    SodaDrinker Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Chicken with truffle ravioli in tomato sauce
  • LeGypsyRov
    LeGypsyRov Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I cooked homemade spaghetti last night. My own sauce using fresh ingredients, all clean. Homemade whole-wheat noodles as well.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Dinner last night was boneless, skinless chicken breast dry rubbed in taco seasoning, baked and cut into small pieces over drained black beans and roasted green and orange bell peppers, with an ounce of shredded cheddar on top.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Made a buffalo chicken quesadilla!
  • alicebhsia1
    alicebhsia1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    homemade seitan (my first time making it, came out awesome!) and sauteed cauliflower
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Spicy brown rice broccoli cheesy casserole with oven baked salmon. We will be pepping some ready salad mix with strawberries and goat cheese upon our return.
    ex0p812dxw5a.jpg
    6x1d7wq6xcpt.jpg
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    For lunch tomorrow and the next day: ginger chicken (chicken thighs, a quarter of an onion, ginger, garlic, mirin, rice wine, and soy sauce), rice, roasted yams, and roasted brussels sprouts
  • acpgee
    Options
    I haven't cooked since the weekend but doing some planning for future cooking.

A girlfriend has recently delivered her baby and my standard gift to new parents is an afternoon of batch cooking of 8-10 meals for the freezer. Thinking of a double portion of Marcella Hazan's Bolognese Sauce for pasta, and a double portion of a braised chicken recipe. Either Dak Dori Tang or Coq au Vin Blanc depending on whether they prefer Asian or European.

Serving these recipes requires cooking rice or pasta but all of the recipes contain a reasonable amount of veg. Veg content could be augmented while warming up any of these dishes by throwing in a handful of frozen peas if they are too busy/tired to make salad or a veggie side.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    I haven't cooked since the weekend but doing some planning for future cooking.

A girlfriend has recently delivered her baby and my standard gift to new parents is an afternoon of batch cooking of 8-10 meals for the freezer. Thinking of a double portion of Marcella Hazan's Bolognese Sauce for pasta, and a double portion of a braised chicken recipe. Either Dak Dori Tang or Coq au Vin Blanc depending on whether they prefer Asian or European.

Serving these recipes requires cooking rice or pasta but all of the recipes contain a reasonable amount of veg. Veg content could be augmented while warming up any of these dishes by throwing in a handful of frozen peas if they are too busy/tired to make salad or a veggie side.

At this juncture of your friend's life, familiarising herself (physically & emotionally) within the learning curve of being a new Mum, your gift will indeed ease their first week's orientation as a family. Appreciate your sharing.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Slower cooker chicken tacos with chopped tomatoes and avocado
  • sammiw38
    sammiw38 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Mac & cheese from www.skinnytaste.com and Smithfield light honey cured boneless ham.
  • acpgee
    Options
    The last meal I made was Sunday. Peking duck breast marinated in maltose and soy and cooked in the air fryer on a rack to get the skin closer to the heating elements to render off fat. Peking pancakes from the freezer section of the asian supermarket. Hoisin mixed with soy and fluid from the duck emitted while the meat was resting. Saved the rendered fat for roast potatoes. Dessert was some leftover chocolate sorbet with strawberries.
    tuf5js13hfh4.jpeg
    6tt8nmjg40jn.jpeg

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    ce6f4ed985f68cbccfe228d23b1ab698.jpg
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker honey-curry chicken thighs with brown rice and broccoli