lx1x Posts: 38,326 Member
    Options
    😂 at the fish story ^
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    😂 at the fish story ^

I can’t take credit. Someone much more creative suggested it. Thanks lil’ lady.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    tmanfive wrote: »
    So, some of you may remember a comment I made in passing a couple three weeks ago about I think I hurt myself. I got the results back from an ultrasound and have torn an abdominal muscle. I was sorta worried it was a spigelian hernia but nope, just a muscle tear.

How in the H E Double Hockey Sticks did I do that you ask? Well, I'll tell ya...

Y'all probably can tell I love fishing. H E Doubl... you know the rest, I love doing anything except sitting around widening my *kitten* and prefer to be outside.

So, I went fishing. Things were going well, I was catching some small green sunfish every few casts. Then this monster hit my lure.

I was like WTF is this? It takes off. I had to adjust the drag just to keep it from running away with all my line.

I'm not set up for something like this so I gently fight it for what seems like tens of minutes. My arms are getting tired, I"m trying not to break my line, I stick the butt end of the pole against my abdomen and use it as leverage. Pulling, reeling, pulling, reeling, letting some drag, trying to wear ol' boy out.

then it happened, I literally herd this weird sound and my abdomen bulged. But I guess the adrenaline prevented me from feeling any pain.

I continued fighting until he was reeled in and on shore. I was so proud. It was clutch!

I've got him off to the taxidermist to be stuffed and mounted.
    e7y33ly3qo0x.jpeg
    Just kidding. I was slinging around 4.75 gallon buckets of asphalt sealer two at a time. :p

Haha wasn't sure whether to hug you for your pain or like it for the laughter so I thought to he!! with your pain, I'll just laugh at him. :)
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    So, some of you may remember a comment I made in passing a couple three weeks ago about I think I hurt myself. I got the results back from an ultrasound and have torn an abdominal muscle. I was sorta worried it was a spigelian hernia but nope, just a muscle tear.

How in the H E Double Hockey Sticks did I do that you ask? Well, I'll tell ya...

Y'all probably can tell I love fishing. H E Doubl... you know the rest, I love doing anything except sitting around widening my *kitten* and prefer to be outside.

So, I went fishing. Things were going well, I was catching some small green sunfish every few casts. Then this monster hit my lure.

I was like WTF is this? It takes off. I had to adjust the drag just to keep it from running away with all my line.

I'm not set up for something like this so I gently fight it for what seems like tens of minutes. My arms are getting tired, I"m trying not to break my line, I stick the butt end of the pole against my abdomen and use it as leverage. Pulling, reeling, pulling, reeling, letting some drag, trying to wear ol' boy out.

then it happened, I literally herd this weird sound and my abdomen bulged. But I guess the adrenaline prevented me from feeling any pain.

I continued fighting until he was reeled in and on shore. I was so proud. It was clutch!

I've got him off to the taxidermist to be stuffed and mounted.
    e7y33ly3qo0x.jpeg
    Just kidding. I was slinging around 4.75 gallon buckets of asphalt sealer two at a time. :p

RIP your abdominal muscle. <Sorry, I thought I was mildly funny. 😩
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    😂 at the fish story ^

I can’t take credit. Someone much more creative suggested it. Thanks lil’ lady.

You're just being humble, your stories are very creative and well done even without help.

Cute story BTW.. 😄
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    What would be the advice that you would give to your younger self?

When I was young I had zero comprehension that a woman 10 years older than me is suppose to look different than I do, being a child. I got my period when I was 9 years old so I must’ve thought I was grown. So I would look at the “IT” girl celebrities and compare myself and not understand why I looked the way I did 🤣

I would tell her be patient, a couple more years it will be game over.
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    What would be the advice that you would give to your younger self?

Don’t sweat the small stuff. ☺️
    I wasted too much time getting upset over things that didn’t matter.

I love it🙌
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    When I go to a bar I just bring my ID with me and some cash.

I’ve had a bartender not serve me because she thought I was using someone else’s ID. She literally smacked a glass of water on the table for me to drink.
    I didn’t wear makeup in my ID pic, and I do look like two different people with and without makeup

That’s horrible.
  • bby_dvll
    bby_dvll Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    i have a guilty pleasure of watching mukbangs
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I don't know what mukbangs are. FYI :)
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I learned something new today. :) Definition of mukbangs.
    But why? Just why?
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,326 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Nor me 😂 dare I google 🤔

You probably could do one. 😆
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

Nor me 😂 dare I google 🤔

You probably could do one. 😆

You made me look it up 😂
    I got that down 😏

:) Yep, me too. But please. Keep your mouth closed; I really don't want to see the food chewed. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I took an interior design class in high school and I loved it. I've recently decided to redo my whole house and let my creative side come out again. Decorating is something I avoided for over a decade but I'm excited now to see what I can create ☺

Are you for hire?? Unfortunately, I am exactly the opposite and haven't a clue what looks good together. In fact, my dh is probably a lot better at that than I am. :/
  • bby_dvll
    bby_dvll Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    But why? Just why?

it’s sort of satisfying how clean some eat and how crazy big the portions are, also the asmr lol
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    bby_dvll wrote: »
    But why? Just why?

it’s sort of satisfying how clean some eat and how crazy big the portions are, also the asmr lol

I had to google asmr. I tell ya, the things you learn about here. :)
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,780 Member
    Options
    I login from work, am always leery about googling anything through my work firewall, lol.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,127 Member
    Options
    I no longer have a computer,
    just a iPhone and an iPad.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    🤔

I’ve got too many computers and servers.

In my home office?

Sun pancake boxes running Solaris 5 through I think 8
    Storage array with, gasp, 80 gig hard drives. Lol.
    All sorts of other *nix like HPUX
    NUCs
    Etc.

I don’t trust the cloud or Id move what I could to the cloud power them all down.

No, I’m not an old man with a pot belly, big ol’ bushy gray beard, and I wildly hair.

I’m just an average county boy with wild hair who has a reason to keep that crap up and running.