Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @vanityy99 wrote: »
    I really really hate the process of doing my own nails. Remove old polish, file, push back cuticles, oil cuticles...

It’s too much.

I think most feet are weird looking and ugly and some cute paint helps with all of that.

So do socks. Unfortunately I seem to have inherited my dad's feet and they're not fit to be seen by any other human on the planet. :(
  • michelle_FR
    michelle_FR Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have the worst imposter syndrome, professionally and, at times, otherwise 😕
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,127 Member
    Options
    tmanfive wrote: »
    I'm extremely hard on portable electronics. I have broken countless phones. I've dropped them down cavernous shafts, I've accidentally bent flip phones the wrong way trying to close them one handed against my leg or thigh, I've ran them over with the lawn tractor, I've ran them over with vehicles. Some of this was done with Defender series Otter Boxes. They were still no match for me. But I gotta say this iPhone 11 is pretty damn tough. I may not be able to kill it.

So, Friday night I'm on a three way facetime call with two other dudes solidifying their flight times and all the logistics for me to pick them up / drop them off. The damn rooster flew up onto the patio heater then a couple hens followed.

I go and try and shoo them off. They won't budge. I shake the heater. They won't budge. I get up on a chair so I can try the shoo while shaking approach. Still won't budge. By this time my bro-friends are laughing their *kitten* off.

I'm getting a little salty because this roo has been bowing up to me. The damn thing pecked my toe while I was feeding them the other day and drew blood. So I'm not gonna let that little pecker of a SoB get the best of me.

I get right up there and snatch him by his paw. But I only get one paw. And I pull him down. The hens fly away sqwacking. I got my phone in one hand, facetime still going, roo in the other flailing around yanking at the one paw I got, wings flapping, and starting to claw my hand with his free paws talons.

While all this is going on I hear by bro-buddies laughing hysterically. I go to step off the chair and miss judge the drop. I go backwards flat onto my *kitten* then my back. Roo goes flying one direction and my phone goes another.

It's close to 2200 and I don't have any lights on around the pool. My phone case is black. I'm looking for it thinking it's face down on the pool deck. I can't find it. Then think to myself "Self, you done effed up.". And I go to the edge of the pool, where I see the glow of an iPhone 11 at the bottom of the deep end next to the bottom suction port.

I dive in and rescue my phone. Come up and the thing is still working! I dry it off, text my buddies telling them I'm powering off the phone and I'd see them the next day. Gave it time and powered it back on. Still worked!

So, If anyone was curious, an iphone 11 will work after sitting at the bottom of the deep end of a pool for 30+ seconds, the only thing affected was the speakers which now work perfectly after a few days of drying out, and I no longer take electronics near the pool.

Oh, BTW, I got a pair of air pods out of it. One of ol' boys bought me a pair. He said the conversion after I dropped was "I bet that dumbass dropped his phone in the pool" and they took it as this dumbass did drop his phone in the pool when I texted saying I'm powering off the phone.

I would have paid to watch this. 😂☺️
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I like digging in the dirt.
    I would love to go to Crater of Diamonds in AR and sit in the dirt all day digging for diamonds.
    But it’s kind of far and no one wants to go with me.
    I heard there was a place in TX where you pay a flat price and they dump you a big pile of dirt with lots of little fossils and what not to dig through.
    I’d love it. No one wants to do it.

I want so badly to see the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde but no one wants to go with me.

I think it would be fun to rent a couple giant, fancy RVs and grandparents, grandkids, kids, all go on a road trip somewhere, stopping along the way.
    Everyone says “yeah” kinda lame like,
    no one wants to go.

What happened?
    We used to all like doing the same things. 🤷🏼‍♀️

OMG ME TOO!!! I always wanted to be that person who'd uncover a new dinosaur, or precious stones, or even that missing buried treasure. Many years ago we went to this small digging site where you got a little hammer and could go hit to your heart's content, just minerals, rocks, that sort of thing. Just digging among the different rocks was cool, not even looking for treasure. Or panning for gold, that'd be fun too. :) I dug a lot when I was a little girl and found 2 silver pennies in our back yard; I was so excited. I dug a 3x10' trench in our own backyard to create a walkway but all I found were bricks people had buried. :) I read archeology articles as much as I read news.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I would love to go to Crater of Diamonds in AR and sit in the dirt all day digging for diamonds.
    I heard there was a place in TX where you pay a flat price and they dump you a big pile of dirt with lots of little fossils and what not to dig through.

I want so badly to see the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde but no one wants to go with me.

I think it would be fun to rent a couple giant, fancy RVs and grandparents, grandkids, kids, all go on a road trip somewhere, stopping along the way.
    no one wants to go.

What happened?

OMG ME TOO!!! I always wanted to be that person who'd uncover a new dinosaur, or precious stones, or even that missing buried treasure. Many years ago we went to this small digging site where you got a little hammer and could go hit to your heart's content, just minerals, rocks, that sort of thing. Just digging among the different rocks was cool, not even looking for treasure. Or panning for gold, that'd be fun too. :) I dug a lot when I was a little girl and found 2 silver pennies in our back yard; I was so excited. I dug a 3x10' trench in our own backyard to create a walkway but all I found were bricks people had buried. :) I read archeology articles as much as I read news.

You and I need to go find a place to dig! 💓
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options

no one wants to go.

What happened?

I have just the place for you two ! Don't know about the gold but have lots of rocks :D
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »

no one wants to go.

What happened?

I have just the place for you two ! Don't know about the gold but have lots of rocks :D

Too much rain up there. ☔️
    We need dirt not mud. ☺️
  • Tigg_er
    Options

no one wants to go.

What happened?

We need dirt not mud. ☺️

Rocks is Rocks ;)
  • Tigg_er
    Options

no one wants to go.

What happened?

We need dirt not mud. ☺️

Yep its raining right now . How'd you guess ? :)
  • honey_honey_12
    Options

no one wants to go.

What happened?

We need dirt not mud. ☺️

Yep its raining right now . How'd you guess ? :)

Every time I’ve driven up there it was raining.
    I just guessed. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Who knew? ☺️
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    Having a sale on wiper blades and pan shovels !!
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    @Tigg_er
    bw22avmpnvtu.jpeg

What the heck good is a HD cycle engine to me?
    That’s all I could find on Google.
    Talk southern so I can understand you. 😂
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    @Tigg_er
    bw22avmpnvtu.jpeg

Pan Shovel B) ya all

b0svlndaumxj.jpg

• honey_honey_12
    Options
    @Tigg_er
    bw22avmpnvtu.jpeg

Pan Shovel B) ya all

b0svlndaumxj.jpg

A pan and a shovel 🤓
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    Technicalities :p
  • honey_honey_12
    Options