Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I was emotionally (and sometimes physically) abused in my childhood.
    I had a lot of anger for a long time and it would come out when I was stressed.
    I went to therapy off and on for a number of years.
    I was successful at my career because I was an workaholic and because I cared so much.
    I took an early retirement at age 51, because I was completely burned out. (made possible by a significant inheritence from my uncle.
    My father was going to try to sue to get my uncle's will overturned, but found out he couldn't.
    I am estranged from my father for this and a whole host of other things.
    One of my sisters no longer speaks to me. I no longer care.
    I'm extremely punctual and value the trait in other people.

I rarely get angry now.
    I've learned to accept what I cannot change.
    It still shocks me when someone infers that I am a senior citizen, or wants to help me because I am older. I still think of myself as "middle aged".
    I resent having fibromyalgia, as I believe it comes from too many years of being stressed out at work.
    I've done a lot of things that I now see clearly and truthfully in retrospect and regret for the pain it caused others.
    I don't have a lot of friends, but the ones I do have I love deeply and would do anything for them.

• Cusneddie
    Cusneddie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like Gala apples with peanut butter
  • dhahnjr2323
    dhahnjr2323 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm bored as hell most nights and have no one to talk to.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I work with animals (and by default with people).

By going into this profession, I've found an enjoyment and appreciation of the eccentricities and personalities of humans! Bonus!!

Went into it for a total lack of trust in humans, felt 'safe' with animals, and wanted to 'help', as I sook 'help' for myself....not sure if I found it. Nope.

I still don't feel safe with people, I'm very mistrustful...and now even more with animals too.

Animals are acting on more basic raw instinct at least, I respect that.

I suppose humans are too, but I'm not objective I suppose.

Funny how things (ideas) can shift
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Iv been cutting my own hair for the past 15 years

Sushi is my favorite food/cuisine

I need a haircut...😊
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I'm in therapy and I've been brutally honest about things in my life, how I really feel about the people in my life, the good people, the losers, my opinions, dreams, goals, regrets and I've had a good few epiphany moments along the way that make stuff finally make sense and it has all made me realize that I'm not crazy or a broken lost cause. I'm human. ☺️

<3 this, ..
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I'm in therapy and I've been brutally honest about things in my life, how I really feel about the people in my life, the good people, the losers, my opinions, dreams, goals, regrets and I've had a good few epiphany moments along the way that make stuff finally make sense and it has all made me realize that I'm not crazy or a broken lost cause. I'm human. ☺️

<3<3
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    I am an extroverted introvert. I can turn it on when I need to, but it WEARS ME OUT. After a day or two of having to be "on-stage" for work or with other people, I need to shut down, turn off the phone, and ignore the world. Sometimes I will sleep a whole weekend day away just recovering from the social interaction.

I just received a huge promotion at work. The story is straight out of an underdog movie. I effed up my college experience the first time around - took me 9 years to get my degree. Seven years ago, I got a job at a University making very little money, but worked my *kitten* off at the job. Took advantage of the free education, quietly made a name for myself. Now I'm one month away from a Masters degree and 8 months away from a bachelor's degree in psychology and have received a promotion that came with an 80% pay raise because I jumped that many levels. I could not be prouder or more grateful. :smiley::smile:

Congratulations!! (I am an extrovert introvert too, and I totally understand how much it costs you)
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i like doing research about the places around where i live- forgotten old towns, alleged hauntings, weird sightings- stuff like that.
    basically my own version of that show/podcast Lore.

for a while now i've been putting together a little journal of some of these things and writing about them a bit.
    i always try to make some time to visit these places when i can, and especially to shoot some of my photos there if possible. even have a bigger "road trip" planned in October to hit up several that all happened in a "row" (like on a map) basically.

i'm atheist and don't believe in anything supernatural really, but i love the idea of some of these stories, and i always wonder what, if anything, was really behind them.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I think mayonnaise is an abomination.

You are my spirit animal. <3
  • CDAVCF
    CDAVCF Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Tisha247 wrote: »
    Something positive about me, I love very deeply and will do anything for the person who holds my heart! I love people and used to volunteer at a community mental health organisation, this year I'm planning to volunteer at a neighbour centre to help those most vulnerable in society. I'm a big believer in social justice!
    And you said you love me?!!!
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    amwbox wrote: »
    Movies can easily make me cry.

If this isn’t me I don’t know what is.
  • InfiniteInnerBeauty9190
    Options
    I love potato chips so much that I think we should get married...kidding but I do LOVE potato chips sooo freaking much!!!
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I like beer.