Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• whitpaulywhitpauly Posts: 978Member Member Posts: 978Member Member
    Morning friends, RubyRed sorry your sleep was messed up cuz of noisy drunks! A few Christmas eves ago our then neighbors pulled an all nighter (thought makes me cringe) they were so loud out in their garage drinking all night! Loud,none of us got much sleep so I feel for you,first day of school already today here in Vegas,I can't believe it! Feeling FooFoo,yep lots of new adventures AF are indeed possible ❤️ waves to all and wishes for a happy and healthy AF day
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Posts: 2,205Member Member Posts: 2,205Member Member
    Hey there! Today my dissolution was granted. Husband was gracious and kind; we didn't cry which is good. I noticed he wore a blue shirt which is my fav color. I'm just sitting here alone tonight (not lonely) but feel like "now what?" Luckily my parents, daughter and German relatives are headed to Niagara Falls for two days. That will take my mind off of my new reality. School starts Monday again. I think I am looking forward to it! I want to get back to normal living where there are routines. I'll start Monday taking care of myself more health wise. I am feeling blah too @lorrainequiche59.
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @RubyRed427 and @lorrainequiche59 I feel blah too. Maybe it's the end of summer blues. I am also going to re-commit myself to better eating and exercise. I found a 15 minute quick workout on demand last night and forced myself to do it even though I didn't want to and guess what? I felt better after. It's no myth exercise makes us feel better emotionally. I have been more off the wagon than on and that's going to end too. I'm tired of this broken record of drinking, guilt, depression repeat. I KNOW I feel better when I've been sober. Just taking it one day at a time.

Hang in there Jen! You are back on track and take one day at a time ! ❤️
  • whitpaulywhitpauly Posts: 978Member Member Posts: 978Member Member
    End of summer blues here too, seems like it all just flew by! Jen yep take it one day at a time and it will fall into place,that's really all we can do❤️ waves to all and I hope we all have a nice AF day!
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Posts: 2,997Member Member Posts: 2,997Member Member
    So I gave in and shared a couple of glasses of prosecco with my brother. We had such a nice evening (with no alcohol) and I guess popping the cork was a way to end the evening. Old habits die hard I guess.

But I did notice a few changes that I'm happy about. I didn't really enjoy the alcohol! Usually I would have been all over it. (Or, worst case scenario, popping to shop for more), I really took my time and I wasn't slightest bit bothered about how much was left in bottle. Normally I would have been eyeing the bottle to see how much I was left. I feel I only drank tonight to toast his birthday so I'm not too worried.

(Prosecco doesn't taste all that nice 😖 and can already feel a slight headache starting, all in all, I'm looking forward to downing this bottle of water 👌). He had a nice birthday and that's the main thing.
  • JenT304JenT304 Posts: 486Member Member Posts: 486Member Member
    @IWillTakeBackMyLife You sound clinically depressed. Please speak to your dr about anti depressants. They are so helpful for so many people, including me. I'm so proud of you for staying off the booze. We are here for you.
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Posts: 2,997Member Member Posts: 2,997Member Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »

That's really interesting reading, and shocking too. In a way, people see alcohol as harmless, as it's so socially acceptable. It's nuts the amount of damage it's doing to people. And the scary part, without them even being really aware of it.
  • lorrainequiche59lorrainequiche59 Posts: 633Member Member Posts: 633Member Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »

A Sobering read...the health effects are staggering...and it is subtle in most cases although the article mentioned there are immediate negative effects from drinking alcohol. It also was an interesting comment of how one weekend of heavy drinking can cause cardiac arrhythmia also referred to as holiday heart syndrome contributing to other heart issues...in the weeks since my brother's death I've wondered how much alcohol may have contributed to his heart attack...there is definitely a family history of heart disease from his father's side, we have different dads, but I also know he liked to drink...he was a successful businessman who loved to entertain. Most of those who spoke at his life celebration mentioned "happy hour" around the lake where he lived & the many golf games which involved "drinks" & I also suspect that he drank to numb his pain from the past. It's a family trait.

Interesting pic of the wine glass knocked over with a bottle beside it depicting a skull & crossbones aka death symbol....fitting!!!

Thank you for sharing this article @RubyRed427 <3