The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    P.S. - INTERESTINGLY, my friend just texted a picture of me in my bathing suit sitting on some rocks in the water and I will be working on accepting THIS is how I am right here, right now and THAT is OK!! LOL
  • lorrainequiche59
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Morning friends,yep Lorraine summer is on the move but there are still some warm days to enjoy or as the case in Vegas,hide out! Threads been pretty quiet lately,it's hard to post when there's no conversation going,it's been like that on my anti alcohol forum too, people are just basically posting about the weather and it's gotten stale😣 a few ladies in my group started a fb messenger chat and we basically go there instead and have closed our thread on the site cuz it's just ran it's course,very sad but it wasn't attracting new people and like I said had gotten mundane,I really hope that doesn't happen here,anyhoo wishes for a fab AF day ❤️

I must have been writing when you posted this cause I just saw it now. Some days when I'm able to I check here a few times a day hoping to see some comments and agree with you when It's quiet, I wonder why & hope it's not fizzling out! That's why I share stuff from the Letting Go book, hoping to generate some conversation. I also appreciate when others do similar by way of articles, videos etc cause it keeps our thread active, interesting and helpful.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    School has started and I am submerged in lots of work. So, I won't be too active for a few days til things settle down in my life in general. One of the things that resonated with me in your posts is accepting ourselves is vital. A lot of times, our thoughts focus on what we need to improve and do better, but sometimes "good enough" can be our best. We are not those perfect instagram photos we sometimes see. That is not real life.

I think someone here or on tv said recently "Life is messy! "
    I'm happy this thread keeps going even if only a few people are active. That's ok. Keep posting. I'm sure many are reading and benefiting from our camaraderie.
    I'm happy Lorraine that you found peace at the meeting. I like to go and just sit quietly. Everyone seems to know each other so well but it's good to hear the speakers and read the big book.

@FeelinFooFoo Great points about flaws- thank goodness my friends and family still love me despite all of the flaws. And I love them too.

@whitpauly I love reading your posts. Keep them coming! <3
  • RubyRed427
    @donimfp You sure have a rough dilemma. The ringing in your ears is something so awful that I understand your need for temporary relief. Just keep taking one day at at time! I'm sure you've looked inter alternative treatments- perhaps acupuncture could help? Just thinking outside the box to help you. xo <3
  • RubyRed427
    P.S. - INTERESTINGLY, my friend just texted a picture of me in my bathing suit sitting on some rocks in the water and I will be working on accepting THIS is how I am right here, right now and THAT is OK!! LOL

Ugh! I guess we have to accept how we look in a bathing suit!! LOL You made me laugh! Also, I find a year from now, you'll look at that same picture and say "I looked pretty damn good!"
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Morning friends, Lorraine I've been eating totally out of control this past week too! It's like a deep hunger I can't seem to fill and it's irritating me, we're planning a trip to California in a couple of weeks and I might be subconsciously stressing or something,grrr,Jen, interesting article and it makes alot of sense,I cant moderate,I'll be looking for more alcohol while I'm still drinking one in my hand,no "normal" people do that and i also never cared about what time it was," normal" drinkers will wait for an acceptable time at least,Ruby,take time to get settled into the new school year, we'll keep your seat warm😍 sorry I don't @ everyone but I'm on my phone when I check in here and it's a pain to try and remember everyone's exact name,wishes for a fantastic AF day for us all!
  • lorrainequiche59
    red0801 wrote: »
    Welcome all.

I'm currently on day 4039.

(Hugs)

Welcome to you too!! Over 10 years...awesome!

@WhitPauly YES, that kind of insatiable, unable-to-fill appetite is definitely emotional. It's weird, but when I'm in that place, it's not a good place!! I hope you can figure out your trigger, cause something has triggered it for you as you said.

I was going to share something and THEN got a brain fart!! Hate when that happens, but if it is of any importance or interest I will recall, but for now...

Happy & healthy AF day B)

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo you do not sound judgemental at all, just concerned. Hopefully your friend will not have a truly terrible experience while being blackout drunk. I've been fortunate enough not to have any life altering experiences when I have been in that state and I consider myself lucky. I've woken up more than once wondering what I did last night, how did I get home etc. Ugh. It is a terrible and shameful feeling.
  • no44s4me
    no44s4me Posts: 73 Member
    Hope everyone is doing well! Crazy busy, but that's not a bad thing, right Ruby? You know Jen, Whit, and Foo, I hear a lot of Sober Warriors say that getting their last DUI was the best thing that ever happened to them. I thank God that although I was probably guilty several times, I never had to spend a night in the drunk tank to have the epiphany that alcohol no longer served any purpose in my life. The blackouts, lost conversations though? You bet. I think the only thing worse was when I did remember some of the stupid things I did and said. Ugh! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • lorrainequiche59
    Hope everyone is having a peaceful, AF weekend B)
  • RubyRed427
    Hi Friends,
    I am delicately counseling by text message my dear cousin whose life is falling apart. I've already had honest discussions with him that "we are alcoholics". And he always says "I will not live a boring life!" That is a direct quote from his text tonight. I understand where he's coming from. The difference between him and us is at least a willingness to try to be alcohol free and try to live life to the fullest without alcohol. We can't change others just ourselves.
    Good night all! Tomorrow I will be teaching 100 children throughout my day (ten year olds). I pray I will never have to teach ever again with a hangover.

@FeelinFooFoo I remember Craig Beck once said imagine all the hours spent in bars and when you quit drinking you have to fill the time with something else like learning new things, exercise , hobbies, etc. I recently ate dinner at a place that I used to sit at the bar with a glass of wine after work. You know what? The same people are stil sitting there night after night. Just sitting at a bar when there is so much life to live. Not judging them but feeling a little sad for them.
    @donimfp What a shame that acupuncture is not covered by insurance, right? It should be. I found a chiropractor who does acupuncture for $65 which I thought was very reasonable. Maybe a Chiro in your area also is qualified to do that. I used to go once a month; now that I think of it, I should really go back just for overall wellness.
  • RubyRed427
    was tested pretty bad the other day, but CHOOSE not to indulge my demons. I win another one.

Winning!! Bravo- I'm happy for you!