The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,476 Member
    @RubyRed427 That mock Boody Mary looks like a meal! Yum!
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    yry0s4s52mfc.jpg
    Drinking alcohol, I found, played into all my negative feelings....it held me back.

Isnt that the truth. Not a fun place to be always wallowing in self pity. Dwelling on the past. Just an overall sense of heavy misery. Thanks for the reminder.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »

Every one of these looks good! I'm going to try the Moscow Mule today. Thanks for the link!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Went scrapbooking with three ladies this weekend. Last night, they made beautiful old fashioned drinks and pear vodka was on the counter the whole time. I watched the vodka level shrink as the day wore on. I still stayed the course. They did shots over me and clinked their glasses. I think my sobriety muscle grew enormously. I could have caved at any minute but I didn't. Boy, I wanted to have an old fashioned. Sigh.

My one friend drank several drinks and talked non-stop. OMG it was getting on my nerves because we were in a small room, so I just had to listen to the same stories over and over. She woke up this morning feeling dizzy, she said.

I woke up refreshed and worked out.
    The sacrifices we make at night are well worth it in the morning. :)

That is so awesome!!! That is a great feeling waking up sober and being able to accomplish what u need to during the day! And even a greater feeling that you stayed strong!!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Way to go, @FeelinFooFoo !! We are proud of you!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,154 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo What a wonderful list!!! So happy for you!!!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo, I'm so glad you were able to get the vaccine, and I hope you have minimal to no side effects. Our slow rollout is pretty frustrating. I'm 65 now, a teacher, and work in an incarceration facility. You'd think I'd have the vaccine, but we're not even close in my county. Oh well. I guess it will show up eventually.

Public service announcement: I laid out the money for a bottle of Askay AF vodka. To really test it, I mixed it as I used to mix the real stuff--with Perrier and a squeeze of lime. Guess what it tasted like! Perrier with lime. I had high hopes for a faux martini, but that's not happening. And it's pricey. I'm sticking to Perrier with grapefruit juice. Yum!