The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,154 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo amazing amazing videos - aha moments in each
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,476 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo I've been up since 3 am. I thought when I stopped drinking, sleep would come easier. At least my heart isn't racing. I watched both of your Ted Talks and I really liked them. Thank you for posting.
  • RubyRed427
    Hi friends, just catching up on posts. @donimfp I cringe when someone is giving tough love to me. I think I revert back to the painful memories of my childhood. So, I do not respond well to it. I am happy you didn't let it keep you from posting.

@wiigelec I am sure you meant no harm and you probably do respond better to tough love; you wish someone would have said that to you.

• RubyRed427
    I think sleep is also hormonal and environmental. When I watch TikTok before bed, my dreams are fast paced and I think about all the things I watched before bed.

I really need to get into a better routine- calm music, limited bright screen before bed, bubble bath.... but still I do think for me my hormones screw with my sleep.

• wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    edited January 2021
    I am sure you meant no harm and you probably do respond better to tough love; you wish someone would have said that to you.

@RubyRed427 yeah i think it has a lot to do with where i grew up and where i work.

rock springs is a pretty industrial place in the middle of the desert with a somewhat sordid history, and i work in the oil field where nothing is sugar coated.

i understand that approach doesn’t work for everybody
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    That is so awesome Foo Foo! I agree on the cost benefit of a course that is working for you. I don’t know how Sexy Sobriety works but after taking the Sober School course we have lifetime access to the course. I’m doing it over right now. I started Monday so today was Day 4 of the 42-day course. To my surprise when I went back to the material and once again wrote answers to the various discussion questions I discovered other women from my. July 6 group also redoing the work either just for extra reinforcement or because they have now decided to go full time sober or whatever. So there’s even an ongoing community in addition to the ongoing content—for free. Best $500 I’ve ever spent.