The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Morning friends,good for you @nighthawk584 ! Passing drinks is always a great thing,my daughter brought her new bf over yesterday and some bottle of booze,I didn't recognize the bottle but from their breath it seemed like some kind of whiskey 🤮 they also brought hubs some Modelos,I didn't care but did feel slightly uneasy,went to my other daughters house cuz we usually do a pizza night once a week,the boys love pizza and so do I haha,that was a nice escape til her crabby boyfriend came home early so I came back home but felt awkward cuz these guys all had a buzz going listening to music and I just sat on the couch trying to watch a Lifetime movie! That's the first time I've felt out of place while everyone was drinking and I wasn't but oh well it's done,hope everyone has a great AF day!❤️

Yes, I feel for you. Feeling out of place is a bummer. At least in the morning, you woke up so happy you didn't drink!! <3
  • RubyRed427
    edited August 2019
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »

This is so true!! The first one was especially meaningful to me along with the other 9!! :D
    From the article:
    Spending ages coming up with a plan you’ll later ignore, if you’re trying to moderate, you’ll need to start by enthusiastically creating some rules for yourself. Google advice on how to cut down and remind yourself of all the tips you’ve read a hundred times before. Convince yourself that this time, you really will alternate every alcoholic drink with water. "
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Morning friends,good for you @nighthawk584 ! Passing drinks is always a great thing,my daughter brought her new bf over yesterday and some bottle of booze,I didn't recognize the bottle but from their breath it seemed like some kind of whiskey 🤮 they also brought hubs some Modelos,I didn't care but did feel slightly uneasy,went to my other daughters house cuz we usually do a pizza night once a week,the boys love pizza and so do I haha,that was a nice escape til her crabby boyfriend came home early so I came back home but felt awkward cuz these guys all had a buzz going listening to music and I just sat on the couch trying to watch a Lifetime movie! That's the first time I've felt out of place while everyone was drinking and I wasn't but oh well it's done,hope everyone has a great AF day!❤️

Yes, I feel for you. Feeling out of place is a bummer. At least in the morning, you woke up so happy you didn't drink!! <3

I hear that but actually I woke up with a cold I caught from my 1 1/2 year old grandson so I felt more hungover than the ones that did drink 😆 I hate that feeling! I can't imagine teaching with a hangover,I can't do ANYTHING with a hangover so yea no going back! Waves to all and wishes for a great AF day❤️
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Really enjoying all the comments here. I am on day 5 and feeling really good though not sleeping as well as I thought I would be. Plus I am eating too much to fill that hole where alcohol was. I need to do better. I need to step up the exercise! @FeelinFooFoo I messaged you about Scotland, please take a look and let me know if you got it! We are going there in October and I'd love some ideas.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @FeelinFooFoo, I do remember dreary days but not THAT many. Also, I was there when the Chernobyl disaster occurred and we had to re-wash all the clothes that were hung outside and avoid beef and lamb for a good while because the fallout came right over Scotland. Nevertheless I will never forget the beautiful country and the lovely people. When I lived in Edinburgh people kept telling me I should go to Glasgow since I was from Texas. They said Glaswegians were friendly like Texans. I found ALL Scots gracious though I guess Edinburgh folk were a bit more formal. Still, I love your country.

Anyway, I drank very little alcohol today and think I’m about ready for another go at AF. Baby steps but as the Tejano group says, “A little bit is better than nada” (but sometimes you want the whole enchilada).
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 Great post. I enjoy reading your thoughts.
    I think either way- whether you identify yourself as an alcoholic or not, I agree with that woman who says it's self-diagnosed. I just had an aha moment as I read that. Thanks for sharing!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Good morning. Checking in once again. 132 days alcohol free. I've stopped having nightmares about it. Feeling pretty good right now... although I've been back and forth. All I've been drinking is water, black tea and black coffee. KEEP STRONG EVERYONE!

I do remember your earlier posts a few months ago. Good for you!! Happy you have found the determination to continue being AF! One day at a time.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Morning all,Ruby sorry you've been having the blues,that sucks I hate that feeling 😣 Lorraine if AA feels right then go,if it doesn't then don't,I've gone a few times but I won't go back nothing against it just not for me so it'd be ridiculous to drag myself to a place I just don't want to be,sounds like you're learning alot about yourself ❤️ waves to the rest of the crew and wishes for a happy and healthy AF day!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add; I'm lurking LOL just like Lorraine said recently.
    I did call the doctor today to tell her I just can't feel happy these days. To look at me, you'd say what a happy lady, always smiling. But behind closed doors I'm a wreck. Crying and all. Don't worry about me- I will persevere and I know there are better days ahead. So much change in my life these last six months, I think it has caught up with me emotionally. I'll just be patient.

I'm not worried about you. You're a very strong woman AND tears are good. You are adjusting to a huge life change and your grief is absolutely normal. HUGS <3
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    Hoping everyone is having a safe, relaxing, weekend! <3
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    Good morning friends! Wishing you a happy weekend! I am looking forward to Labor Day- a day off to relax. :)

Quotes from The Language of Letting Go (Aug. 30 entry):

"We don't have to do it any better than we can-ever. Do our best for the moment, then let it go.
    If we have to redo it, we can do our best another moment, later.
    There are days when our best is less than we hoped for. Let those times go too. Start over tomorrow. Work things through, until our best becomes better. " <3

LOVE this...thank you from sharing from one of my fave authors. <3

Have a relaxing day off!