The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• no44s4me
    no44s4me Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I tried moderation, but always came back to full tilt. I also just grew plain tired of the mental gymnastics of it all. My sleep improved at first, but now sucks like it did when I passed out almost every night. I've got no issue falling asleep, just staying asleep. Welcome to LaVeyan...you can do this and you're among friends. Knowing that other folks had the same challenge helped me find my own path to sobriety. Don't be afraid to admit you can't do it alone.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @JenT304 SO happy to hear you were able to see your grandbabies. I have had some time with my youngest grandson also. My daughter & I believe that they both had this virus a couple of months ago...My grandson was very, very sick for an entire week bedridden with all of the symptoms with a couple of trips to the ER and my daughter had a milder version...nevertheless, I'm in lockdown, he's in lockdown and my occassional trips to the grocery store are uneventful AND there have only been a few cases in our vast area with no new ones recently that I am aware of. So we feel there is very minimal risk seeing each other. At least at 12 yrs old, he is old enough to undersand, but is definitely confusing for the wee ones who don't get it.

@FeelinFooFoo Reminding yourself of the negatives of drinking and the benefits of remaining AF is such a great coping strategy, but if you ever need a boost to keep on if temptations get really strong it may be good to have some extra help on hand such as go-to videos of AF gurus on YouTube or interviews of ones who gave up the drink for a better life cause it may provide the boost you need to stay FREE!!!! You are doing great...one month is a huge milestone!! Congrats!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    @whitpauly I saw one salon on the news that has reopened with lots of changes. No blowdrying which makes sense but I'm sure distresses the customer but it will be worth the sacrifice to get my roots done eventually!

@lorrainequiche59 Bravo on 2 years!! That is amazing! So glad to be with you on your journey. @FeelinFooFoo My daughter lives by herself in London and I am worried sick and wondering when we will ever see her again. She seems OK as she is a bit of an introvert so doesn't seem to mind the alone time.

Hang in there everyone. This too shall pass.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's day to the mom's๐Ÿ’ ugh @FeelinFooFoo you put into words what I was thinking when this virus kicked off cuz it seems like everytime I'd have a drink session I'd get some kind of cold after anyways so no way did I wanna get the'rona! Also alot of emotional stuff, the night I heard we were closing down I felt so empty, got up the next morning and got ready for my last day, was in such a fog and stopped at a gas station to buy beer on my way to work, drank one once I got there and continued for 4 days!! I'm just glad it was only the 4 and not a quarantine long day drunk fest, jeez! 6:34 am in Vegas another 24, hope everyone enjoys their day AF!