The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hello everyone,went to post this morning and the MFP app shut down on me for a sec,sounds like everyone is doing great! I like spending time with the G-sons,walking,reading,watching TV,coloring,crochet,shopping and unfortunately eating is one of my fave things to do >:) hope everyone has a super,sober Sunday! <3
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Good morning all. It’s day 6 already. <3 Heading to that wonderful day 10. It’s sometimes like being on a roller coaster ride and sometimes around the corners, you have to hang on really tight so you don’t fall off. Other times, it’s like going up that big hill and then coasting down in exhilaration. With each passing minute, I feel better. The evenings are hard sometimes. I go through many thought patterns like “I’ll just have one little sip.” Or “why am i working so hard, for what?”

Then, I remember my “why”. :) All of the “whys” and then reassure myself that I’m doing what is best for me and my family.
    Hope your day is peachy! I painted last night for two hours and that is such a mindful task. Be sure to immerse yourself into a hobby. <3

Well said! The evenings are the toughest for me as well. Breaking old habits! It is a wonderful thing when I wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and not dreading what I may have done the night prior. I do at times get frustrated...well everyone else is drinking and its really not that bad, however, like you I remind myself of the reasons “why”! I want and will be the best for my family, the Lord and true to myself.

I feel that once I don’t have my “cocktail” hour prior to dinner and eat a healthy meal then I am set! Day six baby!!
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Today the old man and I went to a jazz brunch (tea for me, coffee for him) then went on a hike as we are having unseasonably warm weather for January. Watching football now and felt a tiny tug as my husband made himself a scotch, but am having my chamomile tea. Day 7 tomorrow. I'll just keep on keepin' on. Have a good week, Friends.

Your awesome, Jen. . Well done!!..
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Today the old man and I went to a jazz brunch (tea for me, coffee for him) then went on a hike as we are having unseasonably warm weather for January. Watching football now and felt a tiny tug as my husband made himself a scotch, but am having my chamomile tea. Day 7 tomorrow. I'll just keep on keepin' on. Have a good week, Friends.

Keep on Keepin' on...very inspiring <3
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    @MrSunshinez Death is an enemy!! Sorry for your losses. <3 Sounds like you were dealing with some overwhelming grief. Takes courage to get back on the sober train. Hoping the best for you. You're in a great place to get some support to keep you on track.

I second this @MrSunshinez.
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    salleewins wrote: »
    Good morning gang! Waking up clear headed again today. Last night was a true test though. I'm a graphic designer but not to hot on the website coding side. I was having so many problems with WordPress I was on the brink of going out and getting a bottle of something. But...I decided to say a few choice words, turn off the pc and go to bed. Woke up this morning, chatted with technical support and all is well again. Good Sunday to all!

Great! Yes it all does pass. I specifically remember having problems with the work at home computer position I had and running out to the liquor store. Glad you stayed strong.

Thanks. Oh, it's maddening! When you have doubts about what you're doing and it turns out it's not your fault. I hate imposed updates! :/
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    I read all the posts, but rarely post myself, but I have to shout out that as of today I have 100 days! The holidays were sometimes hard, but I never go anywhere without some tea bags with me so that I can occupy my hands if I have to.

Awesome!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Ke22yB wrote: »
    I am enjoying my run yesterday, the time I get to think about things
    The reasons I don’t drink anymore running around in my head
    I am healthier Weight loss over 170 pounds running every day swimming a lot
    I am able to enjoy and remember my vacations and when we eat out our meals and if the food is good
    My friendships are stronger without drinking as I am the driver and enjoying myself as much and remembering what I enjoyed
    Sometimes in the beginning it seems hard and uncomfortable to be a non drinker but the benefit is more than worth it

Thank you for providing this message for us!! That is a lot of weight to lose. I guess I can persevere with the last of what I want off. Thank you for this list!!