The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    I am happy to be AF! I was a little surprised by cutting out ALL :smiley: my wine calories and really watching what I am eating the scale did not go down as far as I would have thought. Half a pound. I know it’s not just the number and very happy I am making the choice for overall better health! Has anyone else been surprised?
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I am happy to be AF! I was a little surprised by cutting out ALL :smiley: my wine calories and really watching what I am eating the scale did not go down as far as I would have thought. Half a pound. I know it’s not just the number and very happy I am making the choice for overall better health! Has anyone else been surprised?

Well maybe. You see I was gaining while drinking and that is what changed the most. I wasn't gaining like I was. While I was drinking so many calories, I was eating loads of junk, whatever I wanted, every day. You are benefiting in so many ways by cutting alcohol. How long have you cut out the wine?

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    @JenT304 you and many others are so supportive of me and this thread❤️thank you !

I Bought sleepy time tea for evenings - maybe that would help. It's Celestial Seasonings brand 🌺
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed427 you are taking care of yourself!! You are worth it!!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on day 3. I actually lost almost all the weight 4 years ago and one key was being one year and a half sober. It's tough, I lost many friends, not really lost them but I was not cool anymore. And in any dinner they were all trying to get me drunk. So I had to pass on many social plans. It was very tough from that perspective. I didn't miss it, my body surely didn't but socially it was a disaster. Anyway here we are again.

After a christmas of a couple of bad binges, really feeling destroyed for a couple of days after I feel not worth it for the time being. Day by day.

Cheers to everyone.

Your in the right place to get some great support. Yes, the social aspect can be difficult. Sounds like it may be helpful to find a new group of friends...ones that will support you not sabotage you. Do you have hobbies? Maybe join a group that is based on that? Glad you're here.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    I don't think I'm going to make it through tonight much less the week. Someone said something to me that hurt so deeply that it shook me to my core. It hurt because they said it. It hurt because it seems like an honest assessment and it hurts most that there's nothing I can do to change it. Right now as I write I'm bingeing on rocky road ice cream. We'll see what happens after the sugar rush sets in.

There is a good quote i like to remember: “There are 7 billion people on the planet. And you’re going to let one idiot ruin your day.”
    Keep perspective , I know it’s hard. But this is ONE person’s opinion and reality. It may be right and it may be wrong. You can only change you not others. Look up Don Miguel Ruiz The Four Agreements. I love his videos on. Youtube.

I really like that quote, great! Support to all and @MrSunshinez I hope you are doing well.