Bad advice?

Options

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    oh another one was some woman told me to cut out all white foods(like someone else mentioned) but she said I had to eat whole grains,veggies,lean meats and cut out dairy and fruit otherwise I would get fat eating fruits,but if I lost weight cutting the other things out I would become skinny fat lol she was saying how she was a body builder yet she had NO pics proving otherwise. she had NONE showing any muscle off.she was telling me you dont need a deficit to lose weight. same with some guy last night. he was light weight training and gaining muscle will burn fat faster than a deficit. while muscle does burn fat I told him per lb of muscle the fat burn isnt as high as he thinks it is.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    oh the same guy telling me about losing fat was telling me you also have to take fat burners and HCG to help promote the burning of fat LMAO. I told him the pregnancy hormone in those products are very miniscule and its not going to help lose fat. hes saying it helps him build muscle
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Oh how about when people say, "only shop on the perimeter of the grocery store...don't go in the center aisles".
    First of all...not all grocery stores are laid out the same way. In mine, the cakes, ice cream and booze are on the perimeter and the produce is in the middle. And even in a "traditional" layout...like you should NEVER go to the center aisles to get stuff like beans, rice, cereal? It's just dumb advice...we are adults, not toddlers that need non-sensical rules to follow.

Would never work! Peanut butter is in the center aisle :lol:
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Oh how about when people say, "only shop on the perimeter of the grocery store...don't go in the center aisles".
    First of all...not all grocery stores are laid out the same way. In mine, the cakes, ice cream and booze are on the perimeter and the produce is in the middle. And even in a "traditional" layout...like you should NEVER go to the center aisles to get stuff like beans, rice, cereal? It's just dumb advice...we are adults, not toddlers that need non-sensical rules to follow.

Right?!?! Anyways what about all the bulk stacks and end caps full of junk food? So by that logic, if I load my cart up with the 10 for 10 deal on Pringles and Monster energy drinks I found, It's healthy because I did not shop in the center. I get the logic of that advice (to buy less junk food), but why don't they just say "If you want to avoid junk food, start in the produce isle first, then the meats, then work your way to the center isles." Either way, I'm bound to walk by the latest flavor of Oreo's (or whatever) no matter if I start in the cereal isle or if I start in the produce. Strategically placed products intended to get one to buy are not limited to eye level center isle items.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options

Right?!?! Anyways what about all the bulk stacks and end caps full of junk food? So by that logic, if I load my cart up with the 10 for 10 deal on Pringles and Monster energy drinks I found, It's healthy because I did not shop in the center. I get the logic of that advice (to buy less junk food), but why don't they just say "If you want to avoid junk food, start in the produce isle first, then the meats, then work your way to the center isles." Either way, I'm bound to walk by the latest flavor of Oreo's (or whatever) no matter if I start in the cereal isle or if I start in the produce. Strategically placed products intended to get one to buy are not limited to eye level center isle items.

I'm waiting for them to release "Oreo Flavored Oreos".
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options

As soon as you walk into the store near me your greeted by a floor to ceiling chips, soda or cookies display. The bakery is also at the perimeter.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are basically the same as taking steroids.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »

Creatine also.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

WTF? Why has no one told me this? Is this why I'm growing a lovely mustache?

It's the chest hair I like, keeps my nipples warm on cold winter nights.

Cheers, h.

If I increase my protein intake, do you think I can achieve this before winter? Sounds heavenly.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

Also prednisone is basically the same as anabolic steriods.... um no lol
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Also prednisone is basically the same as anabolic steriods.... um no lol

Get allergies and get HYOOGE!!! :D