WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options

Cheri - meant to say how glam you look in your new profile pic. And your face is looking slim. Have you lost weight?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Thanks Heather!

My weight loss remains at about 30 lbs. My body likes where it is however I would and need to continue losing. It's a journey. I'm having some issues with my depression/motivation. Working thru it best as I can.

Following your housing saga! My goodness the patience you must have. Mitch and I love our new place and have settled in nicely. I love your decluttering journey. It's a chore but so worth it!

Cheri
    in TX finally getting some rain ☔

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Karen sending strength to you, it sounds like you've undertaken critical work with gs and will take some time to adjust. Good that you have your own place for a plan b location if your son can't stop himself from lecturing!

Another scorcher of a day ahead, but I am fortunate to get this time to set up my schedule and classroom for best results. It's all about the prep: gym bag packed, breakfast, lunch and snack prepped and yes, a thermos of coffee(!) so I can focus on the work at hand.

NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,246 Member
    Options
    Karen - Ooouuufff! Sounds like a difficult settling in situation. Sharing spaces can be so difficult, especially if both like their own way. Glad your grandson has you as advocate. <3

Going to take a selfie of DH and myself and send it to the grandkids as "Good Luck" for their new school year. Max goes back tomorrow and Edie starts school for the first time on Friday. It is a bi-lingual school English/Spanish and she is going to be in Colombia class. :D Mac doesn’t know his new class at the moment; last year he was in Costa Rica. B) I think Edie is going to be a great linguist, whereas Max is not bothered one way or another.

Going to sweep the porch and patio today for the mortgage valuation tomorrow. Get rid of the millions of cobwebs and weed the gravel drive.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,915 Member
    Options
    Wednesday -- 1.8 km walking. 10 flights of 20 stairs and ... Zwift!

Distance: 10.18km
    Elevation: 80m
    Moving Time: 24:21
    Elapsed Time: 24:21

...................... Avg ................ Max
    Speed ............. 25.1km/h ....... 61.6km/h
    Heart Rate ...... 132bpm ......... 174bpm
    Cadence ......... 75 .................. 133
    Power ............. 95W ............... 291W

Machka in Oz

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Wednesday!
    Karen VA- Studies have shown that there are things that help the brain neurons receive, store, and retrieve information better; music is one of them! You have to find the right music for you. It has to be something that keeps you focused and does not distract. All of those years of parents telling their kids to turn the music or tv off while they study are wrong! Some brains need that background noise. Chewing gum also helps you learn better, along with pacing or movement. Thinking of you and your grandson as you advocate for him and home schooling! I remember the problems he was having the past year or two and I am so glad you are trying this route! Big hugs to you both! <3
    Tracey- I have six kids with me this school year. Rowan is four, Jackson and Harrison are 3 1/2, Grace is 3, Stella is 1, and James is 9 months. I have a ten year old girl that is here for only about 15 minutes every morning before she catches the bus. Then I also have 7 year old Trentin on Wednesday evenings and every other weekend. Next fall the four year old and the three year olds will be another year old and most likely all be entering a formal pre-school setting. I already have a wait list for fall 2019!
    Rye- Awww! I love that play photo! Is that a painting or is it a paint effect with a photograph? Either way, I love it and it's so creative!
    Sharon- Hurray for you and the good visit with your doc! You should be very proud of the weight you have lost this month! Your grandson is adorable and I love the photo of him with his first dog! *sigh* Brought back those "first dog" memories!
    Barbie- OMigosh! I am not sure if I mentioned that I try to incorporate the major holidays of a few different religions/cultures on my daycare calendar. Well, I had just completed my September/October calendars and had added Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur and was looking up crafts to do with the kids when your books arrived! LOL I am so excited to share them with the kids. Especially the ones that are the Hebrew versions of the childrens books that I have read to them. The CAt in the Hat and Curious George are read often and the kids will love to see them in Hebrew and see "how" they are read. My grown son, Colin, came home and was tickled to see the Frog and Toad book! Frog and Toad were favorites of his when he was young. He took the alefbet (alphabet) book, the Usborne 1000 word book, and the Frog and Toad book to his room and started "reading"! lol Never to old to learn to read! From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for this wonderful gift!

I think that's all I have in my brain right now! Sending love and hugs to all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies -

We (like Cheri) are finally getting some measurable rain here on the edge of the Hill Country in TX. We have a 50% or more chance of rain for the next 7 days. I can't remember the last time we've had that. We were supposed to have a neighborhood fish fry Saturday but they postponed it a week because of the rain. Perhaps we'll have a patio therapy session on the back porch and watch it rain Saturday evening instead :smiley: .

Have a great day ladies!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Kylia I too suffer from leg cramps at night. I find I need to be mindful about not sitting or standing too long. It helps if I try to balance the two. I tend to hold tension in my legs. Periodically especially after and during exercise or long standing I take time to shake my legs out and do stretches. Keeping the covers loose. Not tucking in the sheet at the bottom is another thing I do. Drinking enough liquid during the day so I am well hydrated helps. Rather than take magnesium I rub my legs with Epson salts in my bath before bed. I get my calcium from veggies and some grass fed dairy products. Also stretching before bed helps. Do I remember to do all these things everyday. No but doing two to three does help. Since I have changed my diet to reduce sugar and refined grains I find this is helping too. I still get them but not as often. Yes I know how painful and awful they can be...The worst is they disrupt your sleep.

:heart: Margaret
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    :)Kelly, I am so glad you have a way to use the books I sent you. I knew you were so creative that you'd find a way to make them part of your curriculum. Helping children find out that there are different ways in the world is so important. Learning about diversity is a necessary life skill.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,570 Member
    Options
    Doing easy/light workouts til the ride,, gotta reload the legs and give them a break til Saturday
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,497 Member
    Options
    Rebecca :love: that apology meme!
    Vicki IMHO HR should allow some flexibility for the supervisor's discretion... some way around the policy. Set the guy up for a bonus (not "raise") for helping out with a letter in his file to make it a retroactive "raise" next fiscal year. As for taking 3 months off during summer affecting the rest of the team, HR policy should not allow that. It must be explained to that employee that such a leave was a one time deal and will never be approved again.
    Barbie if it would survive the trip, I'd mail you the 3rd zuccini monster.
    Mary the stupid things criminals do make me smile while smh.
    pip we are so proud of you. Ride on!
    Machka ditto!
    Trucker your DGS story warms my heart. Could Bella be helping?
    Rye your art and imagination, WOW.
    Karen Hard for you to set, and your son to accept, rules regarding his son in his home. Maybe your "school at Grandma's house" idea is best for your grandson. Couragia! He's blessed to have you on his side!

Won't be posting much, off to a dog show and goddaughter visit this weekend. A little nervous as she has 13 and 10 yo girls, and 4 boys under the age of 7 :)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 4/4, vits 3/4, meditate 3/4, walk one more step 4/4, knee exercises 3/4, core 1/4, walk Tumble 1/4 times, SWSY 0/2, hang up or purge art 2!, AF 4/4.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Karen in VA: I had two 8th grade students who eventually went to online school here in Oregon. It was an excellent choice for each of them. Both had social trouble at school and were better off going to online school from home. There was a third child who quit coming to school, but I have serious doubts that he ever went to online school. He was the kind of kid who played virtual games on the computer all night long and then couldn’t get up to go to school. I think that online school was a blessing for those who didn’t thrive in public school. I’m so glad your DGS has you in his corner. :heart:

Heather: The school year has started here, too. I’m so happy that I’m retired!!!!! :wink:

Pip: Good luck on the ride this weekend! :flowerforyou:

We are getting ready for a road trip in the RV. We’re going to DSIL’s house in Eastern Oregon. I plan to take the dog to the groomer today, and will try to squeeze a visit to Arrow into the agenda, but that may be difficult. We’re looking forward to seeing DSIL, and my husband’s cousin, Bill. We will go with them to Boise for Art in the Park. I think the chance of a good time is excellent.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Rye - I love to sit on the porch and watch it rain. The dog and I used to sit out there often. I stopped for awhile after we lost him, but now I remember him and laugh instead of cry when I sit out there.

Kylia - Is your sodium low? I eat a daily banana to keep leg cramps at bay. However, if my sodium is super low, I will get them. Pickle juice is your friend in those instances :smile:

Wendy - So sorry for the loss of your friends son.

Pip - Best of luck on your ride. Have fun!

Okie
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA ~ So hoping the online school works out for your GS. I think it would be a very good option for my GS but there is no way since his mom has to work and dad has an unusual schedule.

Trucker ~ Your GS has lovely eyes and and such a sweet smile.

NY Karen ~ Hoping your school year goes well. Sometimes I really miss it as it was my whole world for so long.

Carol in GA