WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Barbie - those are beautiful!

Okie
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,728 Member
    Trucker - Your grandson looks so happy with his Bella. What a cutie!

Kylia - My Grandmother suffered from leg cramps. She always forced herself to drink a glass of milk before bed if they had bothered her the night before. She really didn't like milk so she would only drink it when her legs were hurting and she claimed it worked.

Karen - how fortunate that you are able to teach your grandson. I agree you need to shut your son down if he continues to interrupt.

My Grandson started grade 2 yesterday, he is in a grade 2/3 split which may be very good for him. His Mother told me last night that he has a stand up desk this year, I can't wait to see him tonight and hear more about that!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    morning ladies~
    sorry i didnt check in earlier as I am trying to hunt down a inexpensive lodging situation on the Cape for over Thanksgiving... we are going,my friend Doris and I ,we both love the cape and she can no longer drive far distances ,so I drive and we just have a blast checking out the Christmas Tree Shops, going to the beach etc... it will be cold , but who cares when your at the Cape...
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Was up from 11:35 till about 2:30 am! I hate when I'm organizing in my brain. I try to think of blank black boards, but then I start thinking about things I've learned, childhood, etc etc! I need to get a handle on this. Up early and getting back to exercising with husband at the base gym. I still have vertigo swirls but only when I'm changing positions in bed. And it settles down in a few minutes.

Today going to make some soup! That always puts my life in order.
    Everyone have a great day!💗
    Rebecca 💗
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,813 Member
    My weight keeps climbing. I need to figure out why. I think some is water retention. I have been much more active. Maybe it’s my body adjusting to that.

RV Rita
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,323 Member
    B)

Barbie - those little hats are adorable. I am amazed you can knit while laying down. I think my arms would go to sleep, lol.

Rita
    - what a nice park! Is that going to be your winter spot?

Karen in VA
    - don't blame you for being perturbed over your grandson's first day of homeschool. He'll be OK with you on his side! :)

Meg - we'll take some of your rain here in the crispy Pacific Northwest! I remember we had drought conditions like this during the 80's then some cool and very rainy years. I'm ready for that weather pattern to return!

Hard to believe summer is over and kids going back to school. We have a couple hot days today and tomorrow, mid 80's. Right now we have the guys staining the deck and they'll be finishing the steps tonight. So good weather for outside construction. Will be glad to have this project done. Now need to shop for some ice carpet to tack down this winter - it gets slicker than snot and our old ones finally wore out, plus too ratty to go onto a new deck, lol.

Have a good day ladies!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Rebecca :love: that apology meme!
    Vicki IMHO HR should allow some flexibility for the supervisor's discretion... some way around the policy. Set the guy up for a bonus (not "raise") for helping out with a letter in his file to make it a retroactive "raise" next fiscal year. As for taking 3 months off during summer affecting the rest of the team, HR policy should not allow that. It must be explained to that employee that such a leave was a one time deal and will never be approved again.
    Barbie if it would survive the trip, I'd mail you the 3rd zuccini monster.
    Mary the stupid things criminals do make me smile while smh.
    pip we are so proud of you. Ride on!
    Machka ditto!
    Trucker your DGS story warms my heart. Could Bella be helping?
    Rye your art and imagination, WOW.
    Karen Hard for you to set, and your son to accept, rules regarding his son in his home. Maybe your "school at Grandma's house" idea is best for your grandson. Couragia! He's blessed to have you on his side!

Won't be posting much, off to a dog show and goddaughter visit this weekend. A little nervous as she has 13 and 10 yo girls, and 4 boys under the age of 7 :)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 4/4, vits 3/4, meditate 3/4, walk one more step 4/4, knee exercises 3/4, core 1/4, walk Tumble 1/4 times, SWSY 0/2, hang up or purge art 2!, AF 4/4.

Awww thx😃
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,813 Member
    It might be until December. Depends on weather. Here until end of October at least.

RV Rita at Bottomless Lakes State Park
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Felt good to exercise! Did 30 minutes of weight training, then 30 minutes of (3.0 to 3.7) treadmill time.

Husband got his hair cut at the NEX ( Navy Exchange barber shop) today after the gym. Saw this little boy get his hair cut, really short on sides, back, then the top long and in a pony tail. I'm sorry, it looked ridiculous. He was young that the Mom will be the one fiddling with it every morning. I people watched, listened to my iPod and waited. It was a 45 minute wait but the hair cut was $9, so worth it. He had checked out the barber shop in old town yesterday and they wanted $20. He had waited, but when he found out what they were charging, he walked out. I was across the street playing the piano so I was having a good time.I

My soup is gonna be awesome! Tonight is simple meal of cottage cheese, steamed spinach, cucumbers and balsamic vinegar dressing. Back to my favorite way of eating!

Rebecca 💗
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    What are the mullets coming back on style lol.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Rye i love sitting on my back porch while the rain is falling, the sound and the smell and the change in the air <3

Barbie those hats are going to be so welcome on precious little heads.

NYKAREN

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    SueBDew - Good luck tomorrow! I hope you get some good news!

Okie