WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Love love love your pics Carol . What a great event. Your gs and you have the same smile!!

Rita those pics with the aliens are a hoot! Good luck with the trash pandas—cute but horrible annoyance

Elizabeth love barbies advice about handling emotional and addictive behaviors. Yes, you can dig deep for causes as well as work on forming new habits to address stress eating, as well as meal planning that keeps you full of healthy food choices. It is a long journey, but well worth taking it one step, one choice and one bite at a time. We’re here!

NYKAREN
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Carol in GA - I had both my eyes done about 8 years ago. I had one corrected for reading and the other for distance. It’s called “mono vision” correction. I’ve never seen better. The surgery is VERY low risk. I urge you and DH to not fear it. Discuss the options with your doctor.

Your grandkids (and you!) look wonderful. I bet you’re very proud of them.

Lanette - Yes, Nick is in Issaquah, where I and my youngest both live. About a block apart. I know the Beaver Lake area since it was on my route delivering bundles of papers to the kids’ shacks for the Seattle Times. Have you been around here long enough to recall the big blue trucks? That is what I drove. Incidentally, I’ve done detergentless laundry a few times too, as well as having to “re-do” a load of dishes for the same reason. Didn’t quite trust the latter to be ok with just hot water! Lol!

So sad to hear of Fred’s wife. So many cancers sneak in and do their deadly work until it’s too late. List my mother when I was 18, and my little brother before he was 60. I hate cancer!

Snowflake1968 - Where on earth are you that snow begins so soon? Most of the Arctic I’ve traveled in usually waits until late September! Brrrrrr!

Elizabeth - Welcome! It is indeed possible to eat too few calories. Our bodies think we are starving and tend to use less calories, making it harder for us to lose! It can be a real problem. One day may not trigger it, but doing it steadily will slow our loss to a crawl.

I too am an emotional and boredom eater. 12 Step Programs like Overeaters Anon can help immensely. Did you ever have a support group for the abusive relationship, or any counseling? We punish ourselves until we truly realize just what caused us to think we deserved to be hurt/punished/devalued. It’s hard. Some of us know where you’ve been and have found our way out to being able to unconditionally love ourselves. We deserve the best!

Evelyn on Vancouver Island - kudos on getting moving. One of the things I look forward to most after gastric bypass. I keep meaning to explore your island more. I’ve only been to Victoria several times.

Rebecca - I think that’s hilarious too! Sounds like a good plan! I usually have a wolf spider or two as winter guests. I kind of like them. LOVE the jewels! I’m a nudist, so “butt naked” works for me. I have a string of freshwater pearls that I wear constantly so I am always well-dressed.

Janet - I’d pin the brooch in my hair! On my head.

Lisa - PLEASE take that knee to your doctor. A sore knee can throw your gait off enough to stress other joints and cause more damage.

Matchka9 - What a splendid picture! I love magnolias, and the other plant is a clematis, I think.

Barbie from NW WA - it is indeed chilly. It seems like autumn was in a rush! I hope it changes by the end of the month to that lovely week or two of “spring revisited” that we have sometimes before it becomes the true NorthWet!

Vivki GI NE - Congratulations on going pop-free! I am doing my carbonated fruit-flavored store brand pop half and half with water and complementary flavored drops. It IS hard, but bypass surgery requires being carbonated and sugared beverage free after, so I may as well get used to it now.

I’ve lost another pound! Woohoo! Kitties are keeping me warm in this sudden onset of autumn. Thoughts and wishes for the best to all on the east coast!
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I love September is the new January- really encouraging! So I am starting over and I am going to try really hard and try to stay on this thread because I know how much it helps. I have been doing really bad so my goals will be do-able so I don’t give up.
    Goals for this week:
    Stay within calorie allowance 3 days this week
    Drink water with meals
    Log all food.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Evening! Just popping in! Love the pictures! Flowers, grands, husbands, crafts! Keep them coming.

So my butterfly came back the next day and played on my toes for quite a while. So cool. Yesterday was a foggy and gloomy day most of it. My husband and I did go up to Anekeesta in Gatlinburg. Was a nice ride on the chair lift and love the wooden trail through the trees. Started raining early, so played pool, hot tub, and early bed. I heard a deer blow at me yesterday. Never saw it, but it wasn't happy that I was on the porch. Saw a box turtle under the porch. Had a hummingbird attracted to husband's red shirt this morning. I am loving the relaxation.

Bought new tennis shoes a couple of weeks ago. Tried to wear them last Friday and ended up with really bad blisters on right heel. Wore others since then. Decided to try them again today while walking the strip, about 1 mile of walking and my left heel hurt. No bandaids in sight and truck was a mile away. We both looked at each other and said just take them off! So I walked the mile in my footie socks..my heels thanked me...I am always barefoot at home so that part was no problem. I told my husband he didn't realize he married a hillbilly! Made it to truck with just dirty socks, bandaid, and different shoes. Walked another 3 miles after that. It was a great day! Dinner and drinks at Margaritaville. Now relaxing on porch.

Prayers for those in need of comfort, healing, and safe harbor!
    Congratulations to the safe homecomings, losses, and new additions!
    Welcome to the new ladies! You will learn who folks are if you keep checking in. Chime in as you can, know that you can't keep up with everyone, every time. Life happens!

Will send pics when can. Husband wants attention ;) Not that he hasn't had my attention most of the day-LOL!!!

<3
    Kylia
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Trucker, do you attend a resort kind of nudist? I would so like to find some place in Washington where I could go sans clothes!
    In that respect, I miss California sometimes.
    Rebecca 💗
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Iiiii
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did Kathy Smith Step Workout today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Advanced Strength DVD.

NYKaren – I hate food waste, too. That can be a problem when someone doesn’t finish everything on their plate – I many times will finish it just so that it doesn’t go to waste. I am getting better about throwing out something, tho. I keep telling myself “better in the garbage than on my hips” and “better on the homeless’ hips than mine”. I know that’s mean, but it does help me. I don’t like eating the same thing day after day. I like some variety. That’s one of the reasons why the freezer is my friend

Wendy – come in lots. The women on here are wonderful. Welcome!

Janetr – thank goodness my mouth wasn’t full when you asked Rebecca where she’d put that broach. I would have spewed everything in my mouth on my screen otherwise. Thanks for the update about DJ

Katla – welcome home

Lisa – get one of those carts!!!! I don’t like the sound of this taking so long to heal somewhat. I know as we get older it takes us longer to heal (I hate to admit that, but I’ve unfortunately found it to be true). Please take care of your knee

Vicki – I’m so proud of you giving up soda. Although artificial sweeteners are low to no calories, they can cause you to overeat

Elizabeth – in addition to a nightly eater, I am an emotional eater. If I get really upset about something, I usually turn to chocolate or fat and sugar

M – when I was looking for a dentist, the first thing I did was decide on what I wanted in a dentist. Like I wanted one whose feeling was “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Vince is the opposite.

Rye – I envy you being there. Love those statues

Exercised, then had a Newcomer general meeting (I’m actually starting to count down the number of meetings that I have to go to), strung some more popcorn, then ceramics tonight.

Loki peed on the bed again (after going a few days of not peeing) and for the first time ever pooped on the floor. I don’t know what gets into him sometimes. Sometimes for no reason at all he’ll suddenly really go after Bonnie. Fortunately, she’s small enough that she can fit under things. He’s done this even when Shadow wasn’t here, so that’s not it. We’ve been giving him attention, so it’s not that he’s looking for attention – even negative attention. Jackson Galaxy – where are you?

Rebecca – try adding a little bit of healthy fat. A tsp of olive oil or some nuts.

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Thank you my friends for all you kind words regarding my daughter the CPA. :)

AND the comments on my ornaments, I'll be delivering them to the store Friday morning. Hoping some of them sell!!

Janetr OKC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Matchka9 - What a splendid picture! I love magnolias, and the other plant is a clematis, I think.

I’ve lost another pound! Woohoo!

You could be right! And congrats on the pound. :)

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Regarding the dentist ...

First, I got a doctor appointment instead. The left side of my face hurts so much from eye into my jaw, and I'm having trouble opening my mouth because of jaw pain on the left. I'm beginning to wonder if there's an infection. So I thought I'd see my Dr and maybe get a course of antibiotics if it happens I'm right.

Second ... my coworkers have all sorts of different suggestions. It hasn't really helped narrow anything down. I may just go back to the last place I went because they've got my X-rays and they're really close to home.

Machka in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Karen good ti get furnace taken care of before winter. We had a forty five year old boiler before we replaced it. The last year of its life we had many sub zero days. Fortunately it made it through that winter. I just called to get our newer boiler its annual check.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    <3