WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Tracey ~ Happy Birthday to you and your grandson!

Lanette ~ I was looking up INFP because I didn't know what it was and found this site. I took the personality test and was surprised at the results. https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality I think you would find it very interesting.

Hoping all who visit here are having a blessed day!

Carol in GA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,728 Member
    1948Peachy wrote: »

Lanette ~ I was looking up INFP because I didn't know what it was and found this site. I took the personality test and was surprised at the results. https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality I think you would find it very interesting.

Carol in GA

Thank you.
    My friend sent me that 16 personalities a while ago. It was eerily accurate for me, her and her daughter.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Trucker, I think I found your Facebook page, last name begins with an A? I googled your place and its only 2 hrs awsy, 106 miles. I suppose that rd a blessing that we are up here in God's grayness, because with the medicines my husband takes for liver transplant anti rejection, he can't go out in the sun anymore. Thanks for the info though. Need to Google how far from where my son lives. Maybe a reunion at your resort could hapoen!
    Rebecca 💗
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited September 2018
    1948Peachy wrote: »

Carol in GA

Carol
    - interesting site! The Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) has been around since after WWII and was created to help GI's find suitable careers. It's often eerily accurate and has been so for decades - and people generally don't change type as they age, but tend to remain one of the 16 types.

If a person takes the MBTI authorized test, he/she will discover no one is really cut and dried, but tend toward degrees of a certain trait. And under stress the whole shootin' match can be up for grabs, lol. That might be why the INFP I read about this morning was compelled to slam the door shut. Introverts don't do well expending their precious limited energy on folks they consider to be hopeless cases, while Extroverts seem to get energized by the turmoil some folks cause.

There's another fun personality test called the Kiersey Temperament Sorter which breaks people down into four groups instead of 16.

Why humans behave as they do is fascinating! B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Happy Birthday Tracey!!

Okie
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Happy Birthday Tracey. Hope it was a great day.
    Michele- I am worried about you and the rains that are coming. Have you made any preparations?
    Janetr- I am so proud of you and want you to know you look fabulously.
    Been to yoga twice this week and it made me sore because it has been a couple of months since I went. Not sure it is good for my eye but it sure is good for my body and spirit.
    Penny- we were in Norway this summer and loved it. One of my granddaughters says she wants to live there when she grows up. She is 11 now.
    Barbie- glad you are healing and taking care of yourself. I started knitting a prayer shawl for my daughter’s birthday. Just have a week to finish it so hope I can do it.
    SueBDew in TX
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    o:)
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Barbie: I thought Bernie was advertising for the Salmon Festival. He's a cutie. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Machka: Dangerous snake in the toilet = my biggest nightmare. Lordy, don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.!!!

Janetr
    : You rook mah-ve-lus dahling :heart: :heart: :heart: So proud of you. I bet the ornaments sell quickly.

Penny: Love your posts and how they transport me to such a unique place in the world. Fresh new potatoes don't fall in your bucket every day. You'll run them off in no time.

So concerned for my friends in Carolinas....prayers going up you all stay safe.

Here we have clear, bright hot weather. I spent the hottest part of the day cooking a whole chicken in the instant pot, deboning it, then putting the bones back in the pot to make bone broth. It's just now finished cooking, so will get started straining. Smells good in here. Will make chicken burrito for DH's dinner. Big salad for me :)

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :star:
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    PennyThe potato digger sounds like a wonderful old man. I’m glad he has his son nearby to help. And you fortunate person! Chanterelles AND raspberries! I’m glad you share this with grandkids! The picture makes me put on my wishing hat. Is your climate milder due to the Gulf Stream curving your way?

Lanette - I’m ENFP, and probably would have tested the same at 16 as I do at 75. People are beginning to discredit the test, but I think if you read a little further it is truly helpful. I first encountered it in college when trying to figure out why I was underperforming so badly. Going off on tangents didn’t help with most of my second year courses.

Barbie - Bernie is just adorable!

Rye - I think you may be my spirit animal, lol! All the kids in my guild call me “G-Ma”! I think I’ll try to implement your “no links or stories after 9Pm and see if it helps.

Rori - Hiw much water do you cover the bones with to do bone broth? Do seasonings go in it? I’d love to make my own!

Kate Uk - it was Spain! Forgive yourself and enjoy the memories!

I’m still Sharon in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    Thx katla, that was an old pic from 3 years ago at the MS Ride
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3