What does a woman mean when she says "your so sweet"?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    girls are hard work. lol
    I'm a girl and I don't understand half my logic.

lol
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You're coated in sugar.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    girls are hard work. lol

How should we understand girls when even girls don't understand their own logic
  • Dreaaa
    Dreaaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    girls are hard work. lol

How should we understand girls when even girls don't understand their own logic

beats me!
    I'd like to think we make up for it though.. lol
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Wait, My wife says I'm sweet all the time, in those exact words "you're so sweet" so what does that mean?

Rigger
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    She's means it's never gonna work out, lol! We should just be friends!
  • Dreaaa
    Dreaaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Wait, My wife says I'm sweet all the time, in those exact words "you're so sweet" so what does that mean?

Rigger
    dude you're married so you're not friendzoned

agreed! also.. you have to ask is she saying that after you do something she doesn't like? is it sarcastic? now.. is she saying this after you do something nice for her? then it could be code for "lets have sex" ..
  • kalyrichmond
    kalyrichmond Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Rigger

It means I think you're sweet! Because you are...Love you babe :love:
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Really does depend, but most of the time, you just got friend-zoned andshe doesnt wanna hurt your feelings by saying she isnt interested.

See when I say it it means, you're an awesome dude and I'm totally into it.
  • Eli_Xx
    Eli_Xx Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Depends on girl to girl. I use it as a compliment. Wether I was interested or not, if you were a nice guy I would tell you so. Lol, I'm pretty sure I said that to my husband many times before we started dating (: Us girls are all confusing, we can't even figure each other out so good luck to the guys who try lol. Thats why we are always fighting.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    OH NOOOOO....I've recently gotten back in touch with a guy from my past and he really is a sweetheart! I didn't realize I was "friend zoning" him by calling him sweet?? I meant it as a compliment.

How to back-pedal out of this one???
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I just told hubby that today -- but he was cleaning the bathrooms so he deserved that and the kiss that accompanied it.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    It means just that - you're sweet. You're a nice person, and what you said was a nice thing to say, even if she may not believe it. It's a good thing.

^ exactly

It just means that she finds you sweet, you must understand the meaning by the context I suppose.
    If you're complimenting her and she appears anxious, or reluctant, she might not be feeling the same, or she might just be uncomfortable in receiving compliments and doesn't feel like returning them.
    If she doesn't know you so much she might want to be nice to you, but without exaggerating...
    It really depends on what you're telling her and how she acts in return.

By the way I've never really told that to a simple friend and I've never answered a compliment calling someone sweet (except women) because I feel like it's ambiguos myself, even if I'm the one saying it. I never tell "you're sweet" to my best friends because the relationship is much funnier and I only say that to my loved one because I know he's the only one who can really understand.

Sometimes women use it to push someone else away but it still takes some guts to call someone sweet, so it might be a good thing.