What does a woman mean when she says "your so sweet"?

Options

Replies

• dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I never knew that. I always say "you're sweet" or something similar when someone compliments me.

And I have also received "you're sweet"s from men. It works both ways then? Does that mean I was friendzoned without even me making a move?
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    basically what they said above. but i also say it when i'm interested as well. i guess it could be being friendly and thanking you for the compliment.

Agree with this - it can mean that you've done something or said something really sweet and she's touched by it. But she could be a sarcastic 'lady' and say it laden with sarcasm. Which is how I say it :)
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Friend zoned.
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Probably, PROBABLY, means that she thinks something you did is sweet. I hate this friend zone nonsense, not every nice thing you do to a person should be an attempt to get in their pants.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Probably, PROBABLY, means that she thinks something you did is sweet. I hate this friend zone nonsense, not every nice thing you do to a person should be an attempt to get in their pants.

Just nice things you do for hot people then?
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Women always mean the opposite of what they say.

I get this all the time. For instance I always hear "please stop following me", but then they start walking faster, which is obviously meant to trigger my desire to chase them. Then they will get a police officer to let me know I'm alright, and not doing "anything illegal", probably because they are shy.

Women, I tells ya!

LOL!
  • Jesmoko
    Options

I just feel like that's like people who only do good things because they're afraid of god. That's not genuine, that's just you being afraid of punishment or, in this case, trying to fool someone to think you're nice so you can **** them.

But whatever, I don't mean to come off as an moral police or anything. I'm the last one to do any of that. My main pet peeve is this culture that's been created to lure people into having a relationship with you. It's just creepy.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options

I just feel like that's like people who only do good things because they're afraid of god. That's not genuine, that's just you being afraid of punishment or, in this case, trying to fool someone to think you're nice so you can **** them.

But whatever, I don't mean to come off as an moral police or anything. I'm the last one to do any of that. My main pet peeve is this culture that's been created to lure people into having a relationship with you. It's just creepy.

It's a lie, sure. But it is a beautiful lie!

You make it sound women don't know what is going on. They know. And they might just appreciate the effort.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    It means you weren't salty.
  • Jesmoko
    Options

It's a lie, sure. But it is a beautiful lie!

You make it sound women don't know what is going on. They know. And they might just appreciate the effort.
    Yeah, at that point I think it's just pointless. If you both want to ****, just ****. I'm more talking about when the woman or man doesn't know, and you're basically doing "the game" way of targeting personal insecurities and manipulating the other in to your bed. And the fact that that's actually a business and a culture now is kinda distressing.

But I'm a grumpy old man at this point, maybe it's all okay and I'm just not getting it.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    The cake is a lie

Just kidding! You should stop reading so much into it and just get to know her better...maybe. Not all women are the same. Good luck. :)
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    She probably doesn't speak english. Because what she should have said was "You're (you are) so sweet"

If she's saying your so sweet, there is something horribly, horribly wrong. I'd make a run for it.
    tumblr_mn5t82FMhT1qii6tmo1_250.gif
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I think she would be saying "you are a nice guy but don't want to sleep with you"
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I always asked myself what's the real meaning of "your so sweet"

Can anybody shed some light please

It means she won't have sex with you. Ever.
    My wife says I'm sweet.

This explains a lot.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Ok ... dish .. who said this? lol

Seriously though it depends on The woman I think.

What?!?!

There is not a one size fits all universal answer????

:angry:
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Back in the day (and I mean way back in time) when I got 'you are so sweet' (and I was available), I went straight to:

'OK, we gonna !!!! or what?'

If her answer was:
    1. 'NO' well I did not stick around and wasting air (got a whole lot of these)
    2. 'Maybe' well I knew to stick around and put some effort into the relationship (got a couple of these)
    3. 'YES' well I got real busy real quick before she changed her mind! (got very few of these)

In any case I found out immediately where I stood!

Been off the market now for 40 something years to a young lady who fell into the 'Maybe' category :wink:

And since then when I get a 'you are so sweet' I say thank you and move out smartly as not to confuse anyone ....
  • CycleGuy9000
    Options
    At the Gym:

Girl: Aw thank you for helping me move those weights, you're so sweet.

Guy smiles at her.

Guy thinks: I just want you to be done with those weights so I can do my sets and get out of here, football is gonna be on soon!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Means I dropped my glazed doughnut in my lap earlier.
  • kgeiger141
    kgeiger141 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    she wants you. bad. stalk her relentlessly until she gives in. she's playing hard to get.

tumblr_ltst8wrEqV1qc3759o1_250.gif
  • kgeiger141
    kgeiger141 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    She probably doesn't speak english. Because what she should have said was "You're (you are) so sweet"

If she's saying your so sweet, there is something horribly, horribly wrong. I'd make a run for it.
    tumblr_mn5t82FMhT1qii6tmo1_250.gif

first thing I thought of when I saw this thread as well :drinker: