What does a woman mean when she says "your so sweet"?

Options

Replies

• pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Either means you are not getting any, OR it means you volunteered to sleep in the wet spot.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    friend-zone-o.gif
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Perhaps if you're saying really nice things, she is just saying you're really nice
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It depends... I've recently said it to a guy I'm interested in, he did something really thoughtful for me and it surprised me.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Hmm. What has it meant in the past?

I'm guessing it's a sign on the highway to Friendship Town. Is that about right?
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Boo I hate this kind of thing.

I live in the south, where they say "Bless Your Heart" all the time. It can EITHER mean, "I wish you well" or it can mean, "Rot In Hell"...

You're sweet, for normal people who can own up to their feelings, SHOULD mean, "I appreciate the nice thing you just did/said."

But I'm assuming these other people are correct, and that it's a bad deal there. Might never know.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It means she is considering if she likes you or not. Your so sweet can either mean she is friend zoning you ooor she is considering whether or not she would want to take that further than just friends.

I said that to my husband before we started dating because he was very sweet, but i didn't know if i wanted to date him or not because he wasn't really my type, aaand well now were married! Just depends on if she wants to take a chance or not
  • Nessalee77
    Nessalee77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Nope, now that I'm older, sweet is what I look for in a man. To me it means they're kind and in touch with their feelings, and just generally nice, genuine guys.

I had to be careful with the last guy I dated, because I wanted to call him sweet all the time, and I thought it would come off a bit condecending. He was also hot, so I made an effort to call him sexy instead :)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    She thinks you're sweet.

I say that to my boyfriend when he does something nice for me. I mean it in a romantic way.
    I also say it to good guy friends when they compliment me. Its friendly.

So it can go both ways.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Nope, now that I'm older, sweet is what I look for in a man. To me it means they're kind and in touch with their feelings, and just generally nice, genuine guys.

I had to be careful with the last guy I dated, because I wanted to call him sweet all the time, and I thought it would come off a bit condecending. He was also hot, so I made an effort to call him sexy instead :)

agree w this; if women = younger, prob a diss. if older & battle-worn, maybe it's a plus.
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It can also depend on the tone that is used with saying this.
    But generally when I say it, it means you are kind or thoughtful.
  • Nessalee77
    Nessalee77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

agree w this; if women = younger, prob a diss. if older & battle-worn, maybe it's a plus.

Older and Battle-worn - at first I read that and was like "Hey! I'm not battle worn!" But then I thought about it and yeah... I kinda am :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    it depends on if she just licked you or not?
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You are alwayus going to be at most a friend
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    idk.. ive used it in the flirting sense.. when i was too shy to just come out & say "lets frick already!!" but.. im kind of shy.. lol

Is she batting her eyes when shes saying it? Or keeping her distance? Is she touching your arm? Laughing at your jokes? Or giving you short answers?
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    It means she is considering if she likes you or not. Your so sweet can either mean she is friend zoning you or she is considering whether or not she would want to take that further than just friends.

Just depends on if she wants to take a chance or not
    You're sweet, for normal people who can own up to their feelings, SHOULD mean, "I appreciate the nice thing you just did/said."

This is how I see it and how I respond 95% of the time. 5% I'm friendzoning that person.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say that it really depends on the person.

I can't think of a single time that I've used that phrase and meant anything other than the person was nice/thoughtful/etc. I said it numerous times to my husband back when we were just dating (usually because of some thoughtful thing he did). I still say it when he has done/said something nice/thoughtful. I use it as a compliment.

I
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Just ask her: "My so sweet what?"
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    You're nice but not her type.She's not interested.
    ^^^^^
    It kinda sounds like she means this.

If a woman says of a man, "He's cute!" now THAT is likely a very good sign.
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on the situation/conversation/person etc. What was the context? Did you go out of your way to help her in some way or did you pay her a compliment? If it was offering help, then she probably just means you are a nice person in general. If you offered her a compliment, then it will depend on her and how she interacts with people. Like others said, she might just be a shy type and doesn't really know how to react to compliments or she wants to get you to bugger off without hurting your feelings.

The next time she says this, ask her if she wants a taste. Best & easiest way to clear this up. :bigsmile: