What does a woman mean when she says "your so sweet"?

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    LOL NarneyK
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I say it depends on how she said it...was she blushing? Did she say it and then roll her eyes and look at a friend with a pleading gesture to save her? Did she touch you anywhere after she said it? Might be an invitation to get to know each other too...ask her how sweet she thinks you are!!!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Either means you are not getting any, OR it means you volunteered to sleep in the wet spot.

I hate sleeping in the wet spot. I would definitely call a man sweet for that move :P
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It means she won't have sex with you. Ever.

This^
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on the situation/conversation/person etc. What was the context? Did you go out of your way to help her in some way or did you pay her a compliment? If it was offering help, then she probably just means you are a nice person in general. If you offered her a compliment, then it will depend on her and how she interacts with people. Like others said, she might just be a shy type and doesn't really know how to react to compliments or she wants to get you to bugger off without hurting your feelings.

The next time she says this, ask her if she wants a taste. Best & easiest way to clear this up. :bigsmile:

Lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I've heard this as well. Forever friend zone.. :sad:
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Either means you are not getting any, OR it means you volunteered to sleep in the wet spot.

:laugh:
  • SwitzEngine
    Options
    Thank you guys for your input.

I have the feeling that women are quite hard to understand. One word has different meanings and then she gets upset when you misunderstand. :frown:

The man is much easier. There is no such thing as sweet/nice. And when there is, the meaning is 100% clear. When a man calls a woman sweet, he wants to go to the next level :happy:
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Depends, did you eat a lot of pineapple that day?

Bwahaahaa..false.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I married a man that I used to call sweet. He used to think it was a bit of an insult to be called sweet, but honestly, he just was a sweet guy. Well still is sometimes, but a lot changes in 15 yrs!

So if a girl says you're sweet, it doesn't automatically mean 'friendzone', it may be just that she speaks as she finds, and likes your behaviour and manner etc. We don't all want bad guys!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Nope, now that I'm older, sweet is what I look for in a man. To me it means they're kind and in touch with their feelings, and just generally nice, genuine guys.

I had to be careful with the last guy I dated, because I wanted to call him sweet all the time, and I thought it would come off a bit condecending. He was also hot, so I made an effort to call him sexy instead :)

agree w this; if women = younger, prob a diss. if older & battle-worn, maybe it's a plus.

Older and Battle-worn - at first I read that and was like "Hey! I'm not battle worn!" But then I thought about it and yeah... I kinda am :)

hey i'm talking about myself here, too :flowerforyou: it gets better probably
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It means Man Up and stop being a wimp!!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Wow...I'm a woman, and I didn't realize "you're so sweet" meant friendzone...
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Well not if there is a wet spot involved
  • anemoneprose
    Options

usually does for men, & now that i think about it, maybe for women too (ie 'you're cute' is less good than 'you're hot/amazing', for relationship potential prediction)
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    You drink a lot of pineapple juice:wink:
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Women always mean the opposite of what they say.

I get this all the time. For instance I always hear "please stop following me", but then they start walking faster, which is obviously meant to trigger my desire to chase them. Then they will get a police officer to let me know I'm alright, and not doing "anything illegal", probably because they are shy.

Women, I tells ya!
  • SwitzEngine
    Options

usually does for men, & now that i think about it, maybe for women too (ie 'you're cute' is less good than 'you're hot/amazing', for relationship potential prediction)

Yeah, that's what I mean. Which word has which meaning???
  • anemoneprose
    Options

Yeah, that's what I mean. Which word has which meaning???

Yes, there can be room for confusion, but in this instance I would go with the consensus. (Sorry!) I don't doubt that women can be hard to work out, sometimes.