What does a woman mean when she says "your so sweet"?

Options
SwitzEngine
SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
I always asked myself what's the real meaning of "your so sweet"

Can anybody shed some light please

Replies

• brittyandian
    brittyandian Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Really does depend, but most of the time, you just got friend-zoned andshe doesnt wanna hurt your feelings by saying she isnt interested.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Really does depend, but most of the time, you just got friend-zoned andshe doesnt wanna hurt your feelings by saying she isnt interested.

Yup
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on the woman in question. Usually, if I call someone sweet, it's because I've doused them with honey & powdered sugar. Why other women say it is beyond me.

Good luck with your fitness goals! :drinker:
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    You're nice but not her type.She's not interested.
  • vitaxo
    vitaxo Posts: 99
    Options
    basically what they said above. but i also say it when i'm interested as well. i guess it could be being friendly and thanking you for the compliment.
  • SwitzEngine
    Options

That's my understanding too :sad:
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqfqyw5S2s1qigkzpo1_500.gif
  • SwitzEngine
    Options
    tumblr_mqfqyw5S2s1qigkzpo1_500.gif

lol
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    haha - I just had to say this to a man recently who is interested in me. Yes - it is a 'friend-zone' euphemism.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It is not good. Back away slowly.
  • SwitzEngine
    Options
    You're nice but not her type.She's not interested.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I always asked myself what's the real meaning of "your so sweet"

Can anybody shed some light please

It means she won't have sex with you. Ever.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I say it when I can't think of any other way to respond to a compliment. Still rather new at learning to accept them. So it doesn't automatically mean friend zone.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

pretty much spot on.
  • mlfrailing
    Options
    Bad news, dude. It would probably be a good time to move on.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on the woman in question. Usually, if I call someone sweet, it's because I've doused them with honey & powdered sugar. Why other women say it is beyond me.

Fantastic :laugh:
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options

Often followed by a statement such as "but you're not my type" etc.
  • I_Will_Be_The_Swan
    Options
    It means just that - you're sweet. You're a nice person, and what you said was a nice thing to say, even if she may not believe it. It's a good thing.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I say it when I can't think of any other way to respond to a compliment. Still rather new at learning to accept them. So it doesn't automatically mean friend zone.

I think it's all about context, too. When my husband and I were dating, he did so many kind things for me that sometimes didn't know what else to say. "You're so sweet (thoughtful, awesome, etc)." and "Thank you!" were about all I had when I was sometimes overwhelmed.