October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq so sorry. I know how pets grow to be a real part of your family, and losing them hurts as much as losing a family member. Remember all the joy he brought you!
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I don't know where you are located, but if it was close enough, I would totally run with Buddy. There just may be someone here in our amazing community who can!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words :(
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Sorry about the toe, but the sooner it is fixed the sooner you'll be running again. I bet you will be able to find someone to run with Kody. Who wouldn't want to run with him?

@LaDispute57 That course looks brutal. Sorry about the DNF, but you are still a badass for running what you ran.

@MegaMooseEsq Congrats on the race and nice bling. I am sorry about Bowie. I know from personal experience how difficult losing a pet is.

I took today as a rest day. It is cold and rainy and I just didn't want to get up when it was still dark and run before the rain hit. Tomorrow should be nice and Friday should be too. I may not make my goal this month, but I'm ok with that.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I am so sorry about your puppers. It is so hard to lose a pet (they are totally family members).

I was supposed to run last night but there was a weird surprise storm (lightning and wind - like the type of wind I hate running in). I was also exhausted after a full day of work in over a week. So I rested. And went to bed early.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq Congratulations on your race. So sorry about Bowie. My heart goes out to you and your husband.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq hugs. it's never easy.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq so sorry, it's such a hard decision to make but at least Bowie is now in peace and not suffering.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq What a wonderful picture of Bowie! Sorry for your loss but proud of you for not waiting too long. I had to put one of my cats to sleep some years ago and was crying with my vet, who has known me since I was a teenager when I worked at his office. I made a joke that this must be his favorite part of the job, and he said very seriously that watching his mother die painfully from cancer gave him an increased appreciation for what he does, that it's good to be able to be kind and he is honored to do it.

My grandmother suffered from dementia her last few years and it was terribly hard watching her go that way. I have no idea what she would have wanted but I hope I never have to watch another loved one go through anything like that. Bowie had good innings with us and that's how we'll remember him.