October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @7lenny7 Glad to hear, and see you and kody are doing well. I loved Norsemen and Ozark.

Dh watched some of Norsemen with me (he started it, I liked it) then he decided it was too stupid, although I did catch him watching it and asking catch up questions. I didn't like how season 2 ended.

Crutches do suck. Last two surgeries I had was partial weight, and I think that's worse because you can kind of gimp around without them and really tax yourself. I kept one of those thin bags from races with me to carry stuff. Coffee in a thermos, books, phone, charger ect...

It's nice that you can go to work on crutches. Sort of. I did enjoy being home with no where to go.

Will you need pt?

I've heard good things about the knee scooter.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @contrarymarymary the next time you have a race in the rain bring along a big garbage bag, make a hole for your head and wear it like a poncho. Then just toss the bag just before the race. I've also saved old, long sleeve shirts to wear pre race and ditch those as well. Some bigger races will collect and donate the clothes.

@noblsheep that is one of the coolest medals ever! I loved your race report!

@Elise4270 I hated how Norsemen season 2 ended! It is full of silly humor but I enjoy that. It's a refreshing change from period series which take themselves too seriously. Thermos! <headsmack> why didn't I think of that! I was wondering how I would get coffee at work! Doc didn't mention PT and it's not on my orders. I'm going to ask about when I have a follow up visit

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @youngcaseyr Welcome!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Glad to hear you are running without much pain and healing well.

Welcome @youngcaseyr Those are impressive numbers!

@noblsheep Awesome! I loved how you thought about why you were doing the race while you were doing it. Congratulations!

3.73 miles today = 25.74 / 25 mile goal
    I have two more runs planned, so I should actually go over 30. Yippee!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    AprilRN10 wrote: »
    I was scheduled for 8 miles today, but took a rest day. TMI warning.......I currently have too much chaffing on the underside of my girls. Bodyglide no longer works. Yesterday I put nonstick bandages in the underside of my bra and it helped some. But later in the day when I took my bra off, the areas had stuck and began bleeding when I took the bra off. So today is forced rest to allow them to heal a little. I am frustrated by this. I have tried different bras. Bodyglide did work for a while, but it doesn't any more. Ideas, anyone?

@AprilRN10 Ditto. I tried everything. The only thing that works (for me anyway- believe it or not) is this cheap sports bra. If they ever discontinue it I am going to cry.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H6BVSKC?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorless nice bling! Great race report!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorless nice medal! You had a great HM! Be proud.
    @workaholic_nurse love the themed race and the bling. Nice race!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorless Congrats! Sounds like you had a good run!

@workaholic_nurse well done! Way to beat your goal!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @noblsheep, @amymoreorless and @workaholic_nurse Great bling all of you and great race reports!

@7lenny7 Glad everything went well. Hopefully with the holidays coming up it won't seem too long until Jan 17. Kody looks happy to be "helping".

@shanaber Congrats to Hobbes!

@HonuNui I always love your snorkeling pictures.

@PastorVincent They grow up too fast.