October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary: Smashed it!? You killed it! Congratulations - what a fantastic race!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary W00T! You a super star! Well done!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    AprilRN10 wrote: »

@Elise4270 I think you have hit the nail on the head. I hadn't been on the scale in a while, and I have gained 12 pounds!

Dontch just hate that. 10 pound change warrants a new bra.

I'm jealous of all the race swag and reports! I requested to dropped the trail half to 5 miles yesterday.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Race report for the Haunted Half in Jonesborough, TN:
    411 people ran the full half with another 300+ running the Boo to Brews 2 and 4 person relay.

Overall a very fun race and one I will likely run again.

Congratulations Jeremiah!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I need advice! What's the best approach to bib placement when planning to remove layers? Also, has anyone tried race dots, bib boards, or similar, and what did you think?

I don't want to put holes in my waterproof jacket, and it looks likely that the predicted temp during my race will climb from the high 30s to the mid 50s. I don't run fast enough to stay warm at 37, but I'll probably be toasty at 55 after a half. I love my new jacket which has vents and was planning to wear it closed, then open over a shirt, but a bib will keep me from zipping/unzipping the front vents or wearing the jacket open.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I need advice! What's the best approach to bib placement when planning to remove layers? Also, has anyone tried race dots, bib boards, or similar, and what did you think?

I don't want to put holes in my waterproof jacket, and it looks likely that the predicted temp during my race will climb from the high 30s to the mid 50s. I don't run fast enough to stay warm at 37, but I'll probably be toasty at 55 after a half. I love my new jacket which has vents and was planning to wear it closed, then open over a shirt, but a bib will keep me from zipping/unzipping the front vents or wearing the jacket open.

I ran my half last weekend with my bib on my front/outer thigh. Only a little bit was visible when my coat was on but no one tried to throw me out.