10/29 - 0
    10/30 - 13.1 miles

Upcoming Races:

Harvest 10 Miler - November 2018

Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

--More as I find them - need to find a nice trail race

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I'm really sorry you have to put up with that peg leg. I hope your recovery goes well!
    (... if you do get the parrot, at least you have a great Halloween costume? :wink: )
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    @ContraryMaryMary That 2 halfs in a year thing is for wimps. Marathon runners run 2 halfs in a day. The second half is a lot harder than the first. >:) Ultra runners are even more crazy.

Heck, I ran a half today just cause it was sunny and in the 50s. :lol:
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    You guys are funny and yes. Enablers for sure. No super glue for this. I wouldn't use super glue anyway, I would use wound glue. However, I don't have access to any. My place of employment does not actually have it. This wound needs to remain open to air and to stay dry until healed.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    @ContraryMaryMary That 2 halfs in a year thing is for wimps. Marathon runners run 2 halfs in a day. The second half is a lot harder than the first. >:) Ultra runners are even more crazy.

Now that you put it like that, @MobyCarp, I realise my error. Ooh, I should sign up for more!!!

As for @PastorVincent, we know you are definitely crazy.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @eleanorhawkins wooo hoo you badass! Love it! And the commentary bahahaha.

@PastorVincent you are the worse enabler here - superglue. Though @AprilRN10 you could steal some wound glue from work.... Just saying lol.

I was stiff and sore yesterday, I assume left over tightness from the 20k on the weekend,followed by 10k yesterday. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night as miss 2 kept waking up and wanting to play during the night. I was very tempted to skip this morning, but I skipped Monday (wed here) so had to go out. I was set for 11k but barely managed 5. I kept getting sciatic pain down my left leg, my hips were aching like crazy. I just didn't enjoy it. So I limped home (both literally and figuratively) and got the roller out. I love and hate that thing. Concentrated on my It band and piriformis - that hurt. Now I can walk without a limp!

Tomorrow is a rest day. Im going to do some yoga for the next few days to really try loosen up.

But hey, I went out... That counts right?

:D I only suggested that because @AprilRN10 is a nurse. Besides, the original intention for super glue WAS to close wounds. That is why it sticks to skin so well. I do not know how sanitary it is, but it does stick real good. :smiley:
    @PastorVincent If you do this, get the superglue with 2-octyl cyanoacrylate. Not the one with ethyl cyanoacrylate, against which lots of people can develop allergies after repeated exposure. The 2-octyl cyanoacrylate is the more modern stuff which is also used in medical glue, as far as I know. ( https://www.realfirstaid.co.uk/superglue/ ) .
    I know a scary number of people at the climbing gym who use super glue to glue back skin that comes off.
    I'm not tough enough for that! I do use a bandage spray to cover up open wounds, but despite what they promise, if you go back and keep climbing, it will wear off (and the wounds will still hurt). It is however quite nice to protect scrapes and abrasions for the rest of the day, or to seal your trail running cuts before jumping in the pool, etc.

I do not think they offer Goofix here in USA :(
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Today, I walked/ran my first 5km race! It was the zombies run Halloween virtual 5km/10km race! I did it in 51:50, which is good for a first race. I wanted to run more of it, but I kept getting cramps. Will start c210k tomorrow. Won't hit my goal this month, but I'll be close.

Yay! Congratulations! Our park has a haunted trail this year. Id love to do a haunted run . We did one Monster run few years ago in Ft Worth tx. It wasnt spooky though.

I found magnesium to help quite a bit with the cramps and twitches. It'll also help you sleep, which is great with sore and tired muscles.