WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: Oregon is also a vote by mail sate, but I don’t know whether there are any poling places that a person can go to. I tend to doubt it. I haven't seen any ballots in our mailbox yet. :noway:

Heather: CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING IN YOUR NEW HOME!!!!! You two look happy and the backdrop is lovely. :heart: :heart: :heart: :bigsmile:

Sharon near Seattle: In our area the Rufous hummingbirds stop by for the summer. The Annas hummingbirds live here year around. We keep our feeders filled all year. The ones we use stick to the windows with a suction cup. The house helps to prevent them from freezing. In really cold weather we rotate them during the day so that there is always sugar water available. We love the little birds. :heart:

Karen: I share your grief for the families of slain Jewish worshipers in Pittsburgh. :broken_heart:

(((Sue in WA))) You and your DH are in my prayers. :heart:

Irish Terri: It is good to see you! :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I hope the root canal solves your problem and eliminates pain. :flowerforyou:

Dana in AR: I hope for the best for your DD. Teaching yoga is wonderful, but I don’t think it is lucrative. I really appreciate the yoga teachers that teach my classes. I know the pay is minimal, and their own gym membership is most likely part of it. :star:

Rita: We’re getting through a load of repairs, bit at a time. I really can’t complain. Our latest repair was the water heater, and the cost of that was low. An instant water heater is something to consider if this repair isn’t satisfactory. Thanks for the suggestion. :flowerforyou:

Snowflake: I love the cartoon! :laugh:

Tonight is trick or treat here in Halloween Town. I don’t expect many trick or treaters, but I have some candy just in case—individually wrapped Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups, 80 calories each. I hope I don’t end up eating them all.
    :embarrassed:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Katla - I have full sized candy bars. They are calling to me. So far, I have managed to ignore them.

Okie
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Heather, welcome home!

I'm thinking November is looking better and better. I'm pretty much ready to see the back of October, for sure. :hushed:

Lisa, who is, at least, back in Arkansas
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Cheri The top half of your face is looking very thin! xox
    Karen in Virginia

Thanks Karen!
    Cheri
    in rainy TX thinking Halloween will be a wash out
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Margaret -yes the bird feeder is away from the building near retaining wall...I put mealworms and shelled seed so there is no waste and if I need to will get a drop tray so none hits the ground...I investigated alot before I put it up...will see if I get to keep it.
    Heather- you both look so happy how wonderful for you....
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Guess what I goofed up on. Misspelled :embarassed:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    gio7r3ob9wrc.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    566y7sb0yld3.jpeg
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did 30 minutes of HIIT. You get the same calorie burn in half the time. Supposed to go to the Green Room today. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class.

Heather – thinking of you today and hoping you have good weather. Update: horray for you!!!

Janetr – I used that recipe once. For some reason, it didn’t hold up for me. Wonder what I’m doing wrong? Must be that I’m not using a candy thermometer.

Felicia – about the fudge: do you find that it takes longer to get up to temp than the 4 minutes they say? Maybe since I didn’t use a candy thermometer, it would have taken longer than the 4 minutes.

Wizzywig (is it Viv?) – there are times when I check in multiple times a day and at other times I just skim. I think that’s how most people do it

My sinuses are still acting up. Took the decongestant last night again, got 1-1/2 hrs of sleep. The bad thing is that even tho I’m not sick, my voice is very raspy. Update: went to the MD, I have a sinus infection. Am now on amoxicillin. Not sure why she prescribed amoxicillin. Any time previously I had a sinus infection, they always prescribed a Zpac

Lanette – we looked into an absentee ballot for Jess. Seems they have to mail you the ballot. It’s not something that’s online that you can download. Then you have to send it back. Carol – that’s a great suggestion, just make sure you give yourself enough time to get it done.

Rebecca – who is that scary person????

Karen in VA – congrats to your gs and YOU too

Sue in WA – good thoughts being sent for your hubby and YOU. Be sure to take care of yourself thru all this

Terri – welcome back. Please pop in and just say “hi” whenever you can

Dana – happy you got such good news from the MD

Michele in NC

This one?
    ucnwn1o6rnw4.jpeg
    Its my youngest Navy son. He's on his laotop, completely oblivious to the fact that I'm digitally dressing him up, using the Messenger app! Haahaa!
    💗Rebecca
    Happy Halloween 🎃🎃🎃

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    got a call from anethiesa nurse asking questions on my bloodwork, will see what they have to say hopefully they allow me to still get colonoscopy..
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Beth - big hugs!!

Okie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Beth, your spirit in the face of your son's health challenges is inspiring to me. I am glad that I know you.

<3 Barbie
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Beth, your spirit in the face of your son's health challenges is inspiring to me. I am glad that I know you.

<3 Barbie

Ditto from me, you are a strong, brave lady, Beth <3 and strength

NYKAREN