12 WEEK "END THE YEAR" STRONG

Options

Replies

• Liftinglex
    Liftinglex Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday !! Stepped on the scale and I’m 145 🤗 5 pounds away from my goal weight!! I’m pretty stoked!! Can’t believe it ! Let’s all have another good week guys 💕💕
  • Bridie_Bird
    Bridie_Bird Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 118.5kg
    Current Weight: 95.8kg
    Challenge Goal Weight: 85kg

29/10: 95.4kg [-.4kg]
    05/11:

Goals achieved this week: fitbit set up, would have done 10,000 steps aproximately 4/7 (little difficult to gauge when pushing a wheelchair!), with light exercise 5/7. Happy enough with the weight loss this week as while it's under what I would ususally like it to be, being on holiday with multiple meals out per day meant that any loss this week is appreciated.

Goals for the week:
    1. light gym 3/7. Legs still not right yet for more intense gym routine.
    2. Add in one short session on the cross trainer.
    3. Walk 3/7 at work. May be difficult because of weather.

Non-weight goals I would like to have acheived by the end of the 10 week challenge:
    1. Completed a walk/run 5km (either on treadmill or elsewhere). Current max at beginning of challenge: 3.66km on treadmill.
    2. Tried out a class at my gym
    3. Built a second machine into my gym exercise regime.
    4. Built in some very basic weight work into my gym exercise regime (arg!)
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    GW : 138
    SW: 141.2
    Oct 15: 140.8
    Oct 29: 142.0

Well I would be going in the wrong direction. I missed a week and have been traveling and having way too many social events taking place in my life. I am working on getting back on track.

My weekly goals
    1. Sleep
    2. Start tracking all food beginning Nov 1
    3. Write out a workout plan for myself and set some fitness goals
    4. Move in a forward positive direction each day. Make at least one change for the positive.
  • fittnessing64
    fittnessing64 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Walked over to a local park with my sister yesterday and did some roller skating. I'm still learning but I managed not to fall this time! :sweat_smile: That was 15 minutes of walking and 20 of roller skating, plus an hour long walk I did this afternoon.

Week progress: 95/200 active minutes
  • amagus
    amagus Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    More activity this week. The dogs aren't tired enough!
    CW:152.3 Year End GW:150 GW:145

16220551.png
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    CW: 175.6
    GW: 130
    Challenge Goal Weight: 164 lbs

10/08/18: 175.6
    10/15/18: 175.2
    10/22/18: 172.2
    10/29/18: 167.0

Week 3 Challenges to over come:
    Not feeling well, so need to work extra hard at staying active.
  • amendez70
    amendez70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting this challenge late but I am motivated by you all.

Starting Weight 254.4 October 8th
    CW: 247.4
    Challenge Weight Loss to achieve: 24 lbs

10/08/18 254.4
    10/15/18: 252.4
    10/22/18: 247.4
    10/29/18 247.2

3rd week: Track all I eat.
    4th week: Focus on drinking more water
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Progress and update:

Lost 1.8 lbs!!

1. Did overall better this week with work challenges. Have a new strategy, however for a problem. I don't care if client has to eat out on Sunday and tells the waitress we will split what she orders and also client says that I can eat one day a week. I will get the take out box and tell the waitress to bring it in the box for client to bring home--even if I love eggplant parm--I had enough calories leftover for one and not 2 big slices and pasta, too!! I am also not a saver and can't bring it home, ugh...Was mad. On a positive note, she paid and it was soooo good. I will get salad and decaf coffee no matter what. I am trying to change off Sundays because this eating out will happen every Sunday. If I can't change off of Sundays, I will give a two week notice to be off Sundays . I hate it when people insist. It is hard to stand your ground to someone 88 years old, but I will. I was great with the candy bowl, on the other hand and walked whenever I could during work (hard as I can't count on a definite break during the 11 hours).

2. I exercised every day unless was totally tired. Didn't walk before yard work days, like originally planned, but told myself I could do a leisure walk after. Most times walked at a higher pace than leisure. Mental strategies!

3. I decided to not count calories on my off day. I can have what I want if I do well the other 6. Let us see if this works once a week or will need to spread it out further eventually.

4. Most days worked hard on the quality of sleep.

5. calorie limit seems to be working better with 1400-1500. Not lightheaded much at all.

6. Was pretty consistent with drinking adequate water.

HAPPY HAPPY NEW WEEK!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Starting challenge weight (10/8): 164
    10/15: 164
    10/22: 159.8
    10/29: 161.6
    Goal challenge weight: 152

I figured I would have a gain this week since last week was a big loss. And the fact that I ate at a Chinese buffet yesterday was a guarantee. I didn’t let it derail the rest of the day like it has in the past so I’ll take that as progress.

I got my 10,000 steps in each day and I’m planning on doing that again this week.
    My tracking for the weekend wasn’t horrible but the buffet had me guessing.

This week, 10,000 steps, track everything and I’m going to make sure I get 2 servings of vegetables daily.

Great plan!! I'm sure the weight is from sodium so make sure you're also getting enough water!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Liftinglex wrote: »
    Happy Monday !! Stepped on the scale and I’m 145 🤗 5 pounds away from my goal weight!! I’m pretty stoked!! Can’t believe it ! Let’s all have another good week guys 💕💕

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Start Weight: 118.5kg
    Current Weight: 95.8kg
    Challenge Goal Weight: 85kg

29/10: 95.4kg [-.4kg]
    05/11:

Goals achieved this week: fitbit set up, would have done 10,000 steps aproximately 4/7 (little difficult to gauge when pushing a wheelchair!), with light exercise 5/7. Happy enough with the weight loss this week as while it's under what I would ususally like it to be, being on holiday with multiple meals out per day meant that any loss this week is appreciated.

Goals for the week:
    1. light gym 3/7. Legs still not right yet for more intense gym routine.
    2. Add in one short session on the cross trainer.
    3. Walk 3/7 at work. May be difficult because of weather.

Non-weight goals I would like to have acheived by the end of the 10 week challenge:
    1. Completed a walk/run 5km (either on treadmill or elsewhere). Current max at beginning of challenge: 3.66km on treadmill.
    2. Tried out a class at my gym
    3. Built a second machine into my gym exercise regime.
    4. Built in some very basic weight work into my gym exercise regime (arg!)

I love how you list your non-weight goals...great idea for all of us too to think about long-term goals.

Congratulations on the loss!!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »
    GW : 138
    SW: 141.2
    Oct 15: 140.8
    Oct 29: 142.0

Well I would be going in the wrong direction. I missed a week and have been traveling and having way too many social events taking place in my life. I am working on getting back on track.

My weekly goals
    1. Sleep
    2. Start tracking all food beginning Nov 1
    3. Write out a workout plan for myself and set some fitness goals
    4. Move in a forward positive direction each day. Make at least one change for the positive.

You can do it!!! Keep moving forward...never backwards!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    So this week I decided to try eating intuitively and not track as much. I found when I was tracking the week before I was obsessed and would want to be under my allowed calories for each day. I think that’s what actually stalled my weight loss, because this week I’m down 4.2lbs! my water intake is still horrible but it’s something I’ve never been good at so I know it will take time to make drinking more a habit.

SW: 203.4lbs
    CW: 195.8lbs
    GW: 135lbs
    End of challenge GW: 170lbs

Week goals: water and start to work out and get active!

Great job!!! I think we'd all love to be able to eat intuitively! Me....I'd likely just keep eating and eating and eating. I sometimes don't know when I'm full :)
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Walked over to a local park with my sister yesterday and did some roller skating. I'm still learning but I managed not to fall this time! :sweat_smile: That was 15 minutes of walking and 20 of roller skating, plus an hour long walk I did this afternoon.

Week progress: 95/200 active minutes

Great job!!!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    CW: 175.6
    GW: 130
    Challenge Goal Weight: 164 lbs

10/08/18: 175.6
    10/15/18: 175.2
    10/22/18: 172.2
    10/29/18: 167.0

Week 3 Challenges to over come:
    Not feeling well, so need to work extra hard at staying active.

Sorry you are not feeling well....but great loss!! Hope you feel better soon!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    amagus wrote: »
    More activity this week. The dogs aren't tired enough!
    CW:152.3 Year End GW:150 GW:145

16220551.png

Look how close you are to your Year End GW - almost there!!! Keep walking those dogs!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    amendez70 wrote: »
    I am starting this challenge late but I am motivated by you all.

Starting Weight 254.4 October 8th
    CW: 247.4
    Challenge Weight Loss to achieve: 24 lbs

10/08/18 254.4
    10/15/18: 252.4
    10/22/18: 247.4
    10/29/18 247.2

3rd week: Track all I eat.
    4th week: Focus on drinking more water

Welcome and you can do it!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    Progress and update:

Lost 1.8 lbs!!

1. Did overall better this week with work challenges. Have a new strategy, however for a problem. I don't care if client has to eat out on Sunday and tells the waitress we will split what she orders and also client says that I can eat one day a week. I will get the take out box and tell the waitress to bring it in the box for client to bring home--even if I love eggplant parm--I had enough calories leftover for one and not 2 big slices and pasta, too!! I am also not a saver and can't bring it home, ugh...Was mad. On a positive note, she paid and it was soooo good. I will get salad and decaf coffee no matter what. I am trying to change off Sundays because this eating out will happen every Sunday. If I can't change off of Sundays, I will give a two week notice to be off Sundays . I hate it when people insist. It is hard to stand your ground to someone 88 years old, but I will. I was great with the candy bowl, on the other hand and walked whenever I could during work (hard as I can't count on a definite break during the 11 hours).

2. I exercised every day unless was totally tired. Didn't walk before yard work days, like originally planned, but told myself I could do a leisure walk after. Most times walked at a higher pace than leisure. Mental strategies!

3. I decided to not count calories on my off day. I can have what I want if I do well the other 6. Let us see if this works once a week or will need to spread it out further eventually.

4. Most days worked hard on the quality of sleep.

5. calorie limit seems to be working better with 1400-1500. Not lightheaded much at all.

6. Was pretty consistent with drinking adequate water.

HAPPY HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Wow great week and great loss! Stand your ground with your 88 year old client :)
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Finally had some time to check in, so I spent extra time responding to everyone's post! I really wish I had more time to do that, but it's our busy season at work so some days are beyond crazy. Like today - it's 2:15 pm and I finally had a moment to get online to log into MFP!

Weight was down 1 lb this morning - yay - as suspected water weight. My rings are still a little tight so I'm hoping there's more to go!

What are your plans for Halloween? We're not going to give out any candy this year - just hide out in a dark house and watch TV I guess. I really don't need the temptation and the kids do not need candy! Whatever your plans are - stay strong!!! :)