12 WEEK "END THE YEAR" STRONG

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Hope you all are doing well! I'll be travelling Friday - Sunday..visiting family and likely won't be able to check in much. Hope you all have a strong weekend and looking forward to seeing the weight in's on Monday!!!
  • nancym30
    nancym30 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Well I am down about 4 pounds since the challenge started, and it is not coming off fast at all, but I am at least maintaining. The good news is I am still using my habit tracker and the myfitnesspal planner / tracker, and I feel more in control and less anxious, therefore less emotional eating to soothe the anxiety. I guess I really should try adding proper exercise to the mix :) bit lazy here in that regard, but I am going to salsa dance at the community centre tomorrow. Happy weekend to everyone.
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the chart. Will start logging in...

Starting Weight: 171.3 lbs
    Goal weight: 125 lbs

Oct 08 - 171.3
    Oct 15 -171
    Oct 22 - 170.5
    Oct 29 - 169.7

Nov 05 - 165.4
    Nov 12 - 164.7
    Nov 19 -
    Nov 26 -

Dec 03 -
    Dec 10 -
    Dec 17 -
    Dec 24 -
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 165 lbs
    Goal weight: 155 lbs

Oct 08 - 165
    Oct 15 -161.5
    Oct 22 - 166
    Oct 29 - 166

Nov 05 - 166
    Nov 12 - 170
    Nov 19 -
    Nov 26 -

Dec 03 -
    Dec 10 -
    Dec 17 -
    Dec 24 -
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    12 Week Challenge

Starting Weight: 165 lbs
    Goal weight: 155 lbs

Oct 08 - 165
    Oct 15 -161.5
    Oct 22 - 166
    Oct 29 - 166

Nov 05 - 166
    Nov 12 - 170
    Nov 19 - 170.4
    Nov 26 -

Dec 03 -
    Dec 10 -
    Dec 17 -
    Dec 24 -
  • nancym30
    Options
    the salsa fit class at the community centre was fun, I actually sweated. and had a one hour walk yesterday, lots of hills. and tracking my food. Most days I am staying within my calories target which is 1200 to 1400 / day.
    Had a holiday dinner on Saturday and oops, those desserts! but I skipped potatoes, bread and pasta.
    Good wishes to you all for taking care of yourselves!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    SW- challenge: 185.00
    GW- challenge: 175.00 (mostly Oct-Nov)
    CW - this week: 174.5

(scale only measures half pounds)
    10/08/18: 185.0
    10/15/18: 183.0
    10/22/18: 183.5
    10/28/18 180.5
    11/05/18 178.00
    11/12/18 176.5
    11/19/18 174.5............down 10.5lbs!

Challenge "goal weight" met, but the challenge is far from over. I now need to try to maintain this to the year end. Of course, i would like to lose more, but for the last thirty years i've gained at least 5 pounds between Thanksgiving and News years so even maintaining through this time period would be a win in my book.

Wishing everyone a great week
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Liftinglex wrote: »
    Happy Monday y’all!! It’s official I reached my challenge goal weight today !! 140!!
    Sw 150
    Challenge GW 140
    Cw 140

So I’m going for 135 until I hit maintenance 😱😍
    This week goal is to accurately weigh all my food! Except for Thursday, no accurate measurement happening on thanksgiving lol
    Have a great week ♥️

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • salleewins
    Options
    butters1 wrote: »
    CW - this week: 174.5

10/28/18 180.5
    11/05/18 178.00
    11/12/18 176.5
    11/19/18 174.5............down 10.5lbs!

Challenge "goal weight" met, but the challenge is far from over. I now need to try to maintain this to the year end. Of course, i would like to lose more, but for the last thirty years i've gained at least 5 pounds between Thanksgiving and News years so even maintaining through this time period would be a win in my book.

Wishing everyone a great week

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Week 5 Weight In!! Updated weight and goals for this week!

CW: 153.8
    GW: 144
    Challenge Weight Loss to achieve: 9.8 lbs

10/15/18: 152.8 (1 lb loss!)
    10/22/18: 152.2 (1/2 lb loss!)
    10/29/18: 155.6 (oops - hoping it's just water weight)
    11/05/18: 152.6 (back on track!)
    11/19/18: 155.6 (back up but was traveling over the weekend)

Week 1 Challenges to over come:
    Absolutely NO buying anything downstairs at our little shop. NOTHING!!!!!!
    Keep my carbs at net 40 grams max. I follow a low carb lifestyle and I need to become more consistent

Week 2 Challenges to over come:
    This week I'm going to work more on "moving more". I've been lazy for quite a while. I need to be more consistent getting in 10,000+ steps a day.
    Keep working on Week 1 challenges!

Week 3 Challenges to over come:
    Two things I want to work on this week...one is finding some sort of distraction for when I feel hungry and just automatically reach for food. I need to either get up and walk or go get a drink of water! Second, this is my last week of yoga (paying) so I need to start doing yoga consistently at home. So starting this week 5/7 days I'll be doing at least 15 minutes of yoga.

Week 4 Challenges to over come:
    Besides all the challenges above I'm still stuggling to do, this week I am giving up dairy. I am beginning to wonder if dairy is bothering me...we shall see :)

Week 5 Challenges - this week I'm just going to keep it simple. Simple low carb meals, get my steps in, do some yoga! Just stay on track!

Week 6 Challenge - just stay on plan on Thursday! Keep my carbs as low as I can!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone! Sorry I couldn't post yesterday. I took ONE day off work (Friday) and was buried yesterday. Barely had time to get out for a walk at lunch! But on the plus side, today is a little more under control!

Wow I loved reading all your posts - amazing!! I love seeing the losses! I'm hoping my little bump up in weight is just because we drove to Milwaukee last Friday and home on Sunday. I did eat super good all weekend long so it might just be water weight. At least my clothes don't feel any tighter :)

So for those in the U.S. - what's your plan for Thanksgiving? I'm going to be picky about what I eat. I need to keep the carbs low, get out for a walk first thing in the morning and I'm also going to bake a low carb desert for me and the hubs. I'd love to hear your plans to get through the holiday!

• momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello... I have been on this lifelong journey of weigh loss.... going up and down over the past 9 years....I'm a mom of 2 boys and have been out of the fitness game for over a year after breaking my ankle doing an 5k obstacle run....lol.. it's still not totally better.. but I'm here tracking my food and getting ready to add in workouts.... I need to loose all the weight I gained back and more.... my short term goal is to lose 10lbs before christmas... and the next step is to get under 200lbs ..
    Start weight nov 9th 228lbs
    Current weight 225lbs.
    Goal dec 24th 215lbs
    Plan this week..... track everything drink more water and workout 3x week .sleep enough... keep moving .. getting house work done...keeps mind of snacking
  • salleewins
    Options
    PROGRESS AND UPDATE:

1. Did overall better this week with work challenges that were food related. When out with client, whom by the way is required to pay the check, I was asked what I wanted and I said a salad immediately with chicken on it or another protein. Client looked at menu and suggested we could split a spinach with shrimp? She did have to have bread as well. A large plate of it was brought. I ate 1 piece of Texas toast. Overall way happier with how this progressed. Since some of these places are pricey, I figure she will want to split. I will look for lean protein with veggies or the salad with protein. PHEW.

2. I was totally tired a lot this week. I HAVE HAD A SORE THROAT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS. Had to take it easy more except for being called in to work--sometimes said no, sometimes yes. For some reason I want to eat more when I exercise less,too, ugh.

3. I ended up being over calories some days more than I have wanted. Being tired and not drinking enough water early in the day did it!!!!!!!!

4. Most days did not work hard on the quality of sleep. I did one overnight for work, which wrenched my schedule for a few days. Never again unless I am maintaining my weight and I am not sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. calorie limit still seems to be working better with 1400-1500.

6. Was still not consistent with drinking adequate water. Will improve starting tomorrow as that seems to determine the greatest amount of weight loss a lot of the time. This will be my number one goal this week to focus on, tied with working on my sleep quality.

7. Exchanged yarn to get something easier to work with. So yes, keeping up with non-food related activities. Work schedule changed and I will miss the first girls date, however. Can't believe it and it was my idea. If it wasn't so tough to get everyone together, we would change it. I was asked if I wanted to change it again and I said to leave it. Oh well. Next month. We decided to do once a month. I told them to pick the next date and they know my schedule. Also since daughter so busy with work, I will make my own holiday plans from now on. If she wants to fit in and I am local, fine. I started doing what I wanted today Thanksgiving after realizing about 3 pm that we wouldn't be getting together for the second Thanksgiving in a row.

Lost .2 lbs this week and many lessons learned once again. Learning how to be healthy for life.

HAPPY HAPPY NEW WEEK AND LET US HAVE ANOTHER GREAT PRODUCTIVE ONE!!

• nancym30
    Options
    Hurray!! My scale shows I am down 6.2 pounds since starting this 12 week challenge. Carlsoda, thank you! and everyone for posting. I really do better with support. I started here early Oct. at 163 lbs and today I am 156.8! I hope to end the year at 154. In the new year I will get to 145 and maintain. Now I know I can do it.
    After decades of being 200 pounds or higher, just over a year ago I finally lost almost 60 pounds, with help from Ideal Protein and a great weight loss clinic. It took nine months to reach my goal weight of 148 pounds.
    Learning maintenance has been hardest. I did quite well for several months, but fifteen pounds crept back and I was kinda freaking out about it. Thankfully my clinic is very supportive and I recently found my fitness pal.
    Every day I plan and track my food and exercise, for me this is the key. I gave up lots of bad habits and avoid or limit many foods, yet I enjoy food as much as I ever did, probably much more. At age 60, I feel healthy and well!
    On this note, I shall get ready to go to my salsafit exercise class! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options

FYI, I’ve started a challenge called Pump It Up to log in exercise now through the end of the year. I could use all of the accountability supporters I can get. The holiday’s scare me 😱!

Starting Weight: 171.3 lbs
    Goal weight: 125 lbs

Oct 08 - 171.3
    Oct 15 -171
    Oct 22 - 170.5
    Oct 29 - 169.7

Nov 05 - 165.4
    Nov 12 - 164.7
    Nov 19 - 163.2 (worried about the after Thanksgiving weigh-in)
    Nov 26 -

Dec 03 -
    Dec 10 -
    Dec 17 -
    Dec 24 -
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Week 6 Weight In!! Updated weight and goals for this week!

CW: 153.8
    GW: 144
    Challenge Weight Loss to achieve: 9.8 lbs

10/15/18: 152.8 (1 lb loss!)
    10/22/18: 152.2 (1/2 lb loss!)
    10/29/18: 155.6 (oops - hoping it's just water weight)
    11/05/18: 152.6 (back on track!)
    11/19/18: 155.6 (back up but was traveling over the weekend)
    11/26/18: 152.8

Week 1 Challenges to over come:
    Absolutely NO buying anything downstairs at our little shop. NOTHING!!!!!!
    Keep my carbs at net 40 grams max. I follow a low carb lifestyle and I need to become more consistent

Week 2 Challenges to over come:
    This week I'm going to work more on "moving more". I've been lazy for quite a while. I need to be more consistent getting in 10,000+ steps a day.
    Keep working on Week 1 challenges!

Week 3 Challenges to over come:
    Two things I want to work on this week...one is finding some sort of distraction for when I feel hungry and just automatically reach for food. I need to either get up and walk or go get a drink of water! Second, this is my last week of yoga (paying) so I need to start doing yoga consistently at home. So starting this week 5/7 days I'll be doing at least 15 minutes of yoga.

Week 4 Challenges to over come:
    Besides all the challenges above I'm still struggling to do, this week I am giving up dairy. I am beginning to wonder if dairy is bothering me...we shall see :)

Week 5 Challenges - this week I'm just going to keep it simple. Simple low carb meals, get my steps in, do some yoga! Just stay on track!

Week 6 Challenge - just stay on plan on Thursday! Keep my carbs as low as I can!

Week 7 Challenge - Now is the count down to Christmas and the end of the year. I need to stop bouncing all over the place and start moving downwards! This week is to stay consistent with food and exercise and water!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! In case you didn't know, my modem went out at home so we didn't have internet all weekend long. Oh my gosh that was so hard. Some of my favorite things use up my data on my phone fast so I didn't go on instagram or pinterest at all and barely anything else. On the plus side, I did get some reading done! Today we will get our new modem and things will be back to normal again!

I am so proud of all of you...not only losing weight but noticing things about yourself that can affect your weight loss. It really is a mind game...I've probably said it before, but it's true. It's becoming aware of habits and situations that can lead to poor eating. Willpower can only last so long, but once you are staving it just doesn't work :)

36 days left this calendar year!!!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    CW - this week: 173.5

10/28/18 180.5
    11/05/18 178.00
    11/12/18 176.5
    11/19/18 174.5
    11/26/18 173.5........... down 11.5lbs

Between thanksgiving and my birthday I have no idea how i was down a pound this week. But YAY! A 2 week vacation starts Thursday. I am so hoping to be able to control any gain. It is so hard when you eat out and at least the 1st week i'm unsure of any workout possibilites to compensate.

Congrats to those staying with their goals! Have a happy healthy week all!