12 WEEK "END THE YEAR" STRONG

Options

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Finally had some time to check in, so I spent extra time responding to everyone's post! I really wish I had more time to do that, but it's our busy season at work so some days are beyond crazy. Like today - it's 2:15 pm and I finally had a moment to get online to log into MFP!

Weight was down 1 lb this morning - yay - as suspected water weight. My rings are still a little tight so I'm hoping there's more to go!

What are your plans for Halloween? We're not going to give out any candy this year - just hide out in a dark house and watch TV I guess. I really don't need the temptation and the kids do not need candy! Whatever your plans are - stay strong!!! :)

I am doing the same with Halloween. The church has volunteers put candy in their open car trunks in the parking lot for the kids, but that candy tempts me too much so I didn't sign up for it.

YAY for the lb. down!!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween!! Day 3 of no dairy and I noticed I have a few spots like hives that are itchy...detoxing maybe? I need to remember this next time I'm tempted by something with dairy in it. Also down another 1lb. All water weight and I'm hoping by next Monday I'll be back where I was and can move on from there.

Today, I will NOT be tempted by candy..I have a great lunch packed and my organic peanut butter in the fridge if I feel the need for food - one of the best things to fill you tummy and get some protein too!

@salleewins great plan to stay away from the candy. One thing I love about our little town is one of the churches has the kids out trick or treating on a hay wagon and they also collect for the food shelf. So fun for the kids!!

How about everyone else, what are you going to do today to stay away from candy.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Lots of candies tonight but are only 4! Yay!!
    Happy Halloween to everyone! >:):smiley:

SW: 165 lbs 7/10/18
    GW: 155 lbs by 12 weeks, I lose slowly.
    UGW: 145 lbs A healthy BMI zone.

Week 1: (8-14th Oct) SW 165 lbs EW 161.5 lbs Lost 3.5 lbs was on fruit and milk diet mainly. No work out.
    Week 2: (15-21st Oct) SW 161.5 EW 166 lbs, Gained 4.5 lbs, Dined out a lot.

Week 3:(22-28th Oct) SW 166 lbs, EW 165.5 lbs
  • salleewins
    Options
    I allowed myself 150 calories of candy with some coffee and I am all done. Saw a small piece where I was and snagged it plus got 100 cal. bar at the store. Worked and worked it in. Done.

@carlsoda --nice on the 1 pound down!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Happy November everyone! OK...officially we now have 61 days until the new year. We really need to work hard especially with holidays coming up soon! I really, really, really want to start the new year where I need to be and spend 2019 fine tuning my health!

So, yesterday I didn't have any candy, carbs were nice and low too! I did buy a bag of candy from Target but no one came so I am going to return it. I wasn't even tempted to open it!

Let's make today count...as well as the next 60 days :)
  • nancym30
    nancym30 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am back after a rather rough bingey week. Went on a road trip, then halloween candy was out of control last night. The good news is I'm back on track. I know why this is important to me. Afraid to get on the scale but will do so tomorrow. Quote to remember: Our body hears what our mind thinks. Other good news, I really get it that I feel much worse in all ways when I don't stick to my goals and plan.
  • mamananette
    mamananette Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm having real difficulty with the size if my fat macro. I think I'm going to have to give up coffee. I just can't drink it without real cream and sugar. ☕ I will miss you coffee. 😥
  • carlsoda
    Options
    I'm having real difficulty with the size if my fat macro. I think I'm going to have to give up coffee. I just can't drink it without real cream and sugar. ☕ I will miss you coffee. 😥

Have you tried coffee with something other than cream? I drink mine with NutPods - low in calories, flavored, all natural and the new Mocha Peppermint is darn good!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Wow, where did the week go?? Another weekend is upon us and another opportunity to relearn old habits (ie: bad eating on weekends). This week I've done so well..my weight has dropped again. It's not like I'm starving, I am eating very well but I have cut out all dairy - even my stomach doesn't look so bloated anymore. So my goal this weekend is to figure out a healthy snack to bring with me when we go out. Typically I bring a protein bar (with dairy) or meat and cheese (more dairy) so I'm not sure what I'll do. I guess nuts or some nut butter. THANK THE DEAR LORD nuts don't bother me or cause inflammation like dairy does. I'm hitting Costco after work so I'll see what I can find there!

Reminder: don't forget to weigh in on Monday!!

Have a great weekend and develop those new habits :)
  • nancym30
    Options
    Hi all, I'm having much better days this week. Am doing detailed habit tracking (planning, each meal and snack, moving, etc) and colouring in with lovely colours - a teeny little reward just looking at what positive steps I am taking. Tonight will be a small challenge going out with a friend, so will have 1 glass of wine and be careful with the food. I will eat a big salad this afternoon before I go out. It feels so much better to plan and track! And after the rough week last week, I'm back to my previous weight, so still down 3 lbs since starting this challenge. whew!
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    SW: 165 lbs 7/10/18
    GW: 155 lbs by 12 weeks, I lose slowly.
    UGW: 145 lbs A healthy BMI zone.

Week 1: (8-14th Oct) SW 165 lbs EW 161.5 lbs Lost 3.5 lbs was on fruit and milk diet mainly. No work out.
    Week 2: (15-21st Oct) SW 161.5 EW 166 lbs, Gained 4.5 lbs, Dined out a lot.

Week 3:(22-28th Oct) SW 166 lbs, EW 165 lbs

Week 4:(28th Oct-4th Nov) SW 165 lbs, EW 165
  • mamananette
    mamananette Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning at 150! Yay!
    Unfortunately, that was on my bathroom scale, which seems to be lying. I weighed 153.5 on a calibrated scale yesterday.
  • salleewins
    Options
    Tough week in some ways. One of my new clients passed away. I wasn't there when it happened. I didn't realize how much it was bothering me until I found myself overeating later that day. At least it was just that day. Well you know how diet soda can give some people food cravings--that is what happened as well. Sure the soda was even on sale. How timely.It was like I forgot a few things that I know. I am back on track now. Feel under the weather. It is amazing how lousy you feel when you don't eat healthy. I have to pack in some serious water today in the form of decaf tea and lemon and to plan tomorrow.
  • nancym30
    Options
    I sure appreciate this challenge support group, thank you Carlsoda and everyone else who is participating.
    I had a good day again today. I find my new habit tracking page rewarding in itself, and I feel so much better when I'm not out of control plus beating myself up about it. Also went for a long walk and did a big house clean up. I will try to add regular movement to my day, which means planning it and doing it. talk is cheap. moving feels good. Best wishes to you all this week.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    SW- challenge: 185.00
    GW- challenge: 175.00 (mostly Oct-Nov)
    CW: 178.0

(scale only measures half pounds)
    10/08/18: 185.0
    10/15/18: 183.0
    10/22/18: 183.5
    10/28/18 180.5
    11/05/18 178.00.....down 7.0 lbs! Yay!!! Hello 170's!!!

Very happy with this week. Haloween treats stayed mostly under control and i tried to make those calories up with less of others,

This weeks goal remains the same: Stay to plan. No alcohol. Watch food 5-6 days. Exercise 5-6 days. Working so far so just stick with it

Hope everyone has a great week
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    GW : 138
    SW: 141.2
    Oct 15: 140.8
    Oct 29: 142.0
    Nov 5: 141.8

Had a large meal yesterday so I am still pleased with the weigh in. I have been logging my calories since Nov 1 and I am feeling the difference mentally and physically. Was pleased to look at my goals for the past week and see that I succeeded. I hope to do the same for this upcoming week.

My weekly goals
    1. Sleep - a real problem now with the time change (for where I live). I may have to take a supplement.
    2. Continue tracking food and staying under my calories
    3. Focus on my fitness plan - walking, mini yoga and stretching, and one upper/lower body/core strength session
    4. Move in a forward positive direction each day. Make at least one change for the positive.
    5. Stay positive in my attitude everyday.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Week 4 Weight In!! Updated weight and goals for this week!

CW: 153.8
    GW: 144
    Challenge Weight Loss to achieve: 9.8 lbs

10/15/18: 152.8 (1 lb loss!)
    10/22/18: 152.2 (1/2 lb loss!)
    10/29/18: 155.6 (oops - hoping it's just water weight)
    11/05/18: 152.6 (back on track!)

Week 1 Challenges to over come:
    Absolutely NO buying anything downstairs at our little shop. NOTHING!!!!!!
    Keep my carbs at net 40 grams max. I follow a low carb lifestyle and I need to become more consistent

Week 2 Challenges to over come:
    This week I'm going to work more on "moving more". I've been lazy for quite a while. I need to be more consistent getting in 10,000+ steps a day.
    Keep working on Week 1 challenges!

Week 3 Challenges to over come:
    Two things I want to work on this week...one is finding some sort of distraction for when I feel hungry and just automatically reach for food. I need to either get up and walk or go get a drink of water! Second, this is my last week of yoga (paying) so I need to start doing yoga consistently at home. So starting this week 5/7 days I'll be doing at least 15 minutes of yoga.

Week 4 Challenges to over come:
    Besides all the challenges above I'm still stuggling to do, this week I am giving up dairy. I am beginning to wonder if dairy is bothering me...we shall see :)

Week 5 Challenges - this week I'm just going to keep it simple. Simple low carb meals, get my steps in, do some yoga! Just stay on track!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! It's a new week!!

I'm loving the losses I am seeing...well done everyone! And even if you haven't lost as much as you wanted, you are making progress. It's a huge mind game, this weight loss thing, of developing new habits and new ways of thinking. One day at a time. Remember if you have an unplanned meal with higher calories then you wanted, it's ok. Make sure your back on track with the next meal. Don't wait for a new day or a new week. Make it happen with the very next meal!

Have a wonderful week!!!
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Starting weight (10/9/18): 261.8
    Current weight (11/5/18): 258.2
    Challenge goal weight: 240
    Ultimate goal weight: 150

Week 5 challenges:
    1. Prep all snacks and meals for next day the night before
    2. Do NOT get anything from the vending machines at work this week!
    3. Work on elliptical machine at least 2 days this week

Week 4 – was sidelined with a double ear infection and stomach virus, so I didn’t do much activity this week

Week 3 challenges to continue:
    1. Substitute at least one unhealthy snack per day for something healthy
    2. Walk 30+ minutes 3 or more days this week
    3. Limit diet soda intake to no more than 20oz per day

Weeks 1/2 challenges to continue:
    1. Log all foods on here
    2. Drink at least 80 oz water every day