Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Over 60 still trying

12346»

Replies

• mprocyszynmprocyszyn Posts: 28Member Member Posts: 28Member Member
    That is what is helping me...the logging of all the food each day...you can see what is going in your mouth. Why don't you just start!!!!!! We are just 8 days into the new year....we will cheer you on.......just start.....we are all in the same boat and you will not be alone. Just start logging every morsel you put into your mouth and you can see what you should cut back on..... cut out...... control the portions..... then you will have a plan along with ideas and tips from all of us here. BUT you have to start. Good luck
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Posts: 1,123Member Member Posts: 1,123Member Member
    Hi Everyone. Just turned 64, need to do something as that 300 lb mark looms close. Cancer prevents me from most exercise so need to go at this by getting my eating under control. I do need to weigh and log my food or it just creeps back to over eating. I know this. Why do I not do this?

I find weighing and logging my food keeps me from overeating. It's a pain some days, but it's crucial to losing weight.
  • DebKing52DebKing52 Posts: 13Member Member Posts: 13Member Member
    Hi Everyone. Just turned 64, need to do something as that 300 lb mark looms close. Cancer prevents me from most exercise so need to go at this by getting my eating under control. I do need to weigh and log my food or it just creeps back to over eating. I know this. Why do I not do this?

@namelesshere You'll get plenty of inspiration here at MFP! Logging all my food seems to be the only way for me to lose too. Good luck and prayers that the cancer is gone soon!!
  • suziecue25suziecue25 Posts: 49Member Member Posts: 49Member Member
    Hi, I'm 70. Lost 50lbs...stopped smoking....put 50lbs back on....now losing the 50lbs again. 1 week in and I've lost 4lbs...yippee, even if most of that is water. Onward folks :)
  • hroderickhroderick Posts: 685Member Member Posts: 685Member Member
    I'm 61.5 and have logged daily for now 373 days. Using platejoy.com to simplify planning has been key to enjoying a variety of foods instead if getting stuck in a rut and fatigue breaking my will. I've lost over 100 lb with 50 to go. Along the way, I'm learning to eat and exercise like a healthy person. I'm not on a diet because I'll never again stop caring about my health.

If you log every day and want an encouraging friend who has been there done that, send me a request. If your profile isn't informative then please include some info to help me understand you. For me, having an open profile and diary helps me to do a realistic self-assessment and feel accountable. If you break your logging streak, I will send you an encouraging note. If you quit using mfp for a while without an explanation, I will unfriend you. With few exceptions, my mfp friends are much like me and welcome new friends.
  • mprocyszynmprocyszyn Posts: 28Member Member Posts: 28Member Member
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 70. Lost 50lbs...stopped smoking....put 50lbs back on....now losing the 50lbs again. 1 week in and I've lost 4lbs...yippee, even if most of that is water. Onward folks :)

Good start......I started on Oct. 28th......weigh myself once a week on Saturdays...this morning down 12 lbs...slow for sure but steady. I swear the daily logging is the difference for me. 50 lbs to go.....like you....onward LOL
12346»