Replies

• georgelapenta76
    georgelapenta76 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Turned 60 in August 2018! Still going strong, just not as long...lol
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    FINALLY a break in this awful weather. Got a brief ride on my horse yesterday ... a longer one on the agenda for tomorrow. Spending time in the barn and riding Annie totally changes my outook on life!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Another active thread here for seasoned citizens. Yeah, it says "50's", but they're not checking your ID at the door. Join in if you're looking for more activity on the forums.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10716128/men-women-in-their-50s-starting-anew-in-2019#latest
  • doglady2002
    doglady2002 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My day was kinda stressed worked my 12 hour shift and over ate today but tomorrow is a new day slow and steady! Thanks for listening!
  • mprocyszyn
    mprocyszyn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    good evening everyone...well we finally made it to Myrtle Beach...glad we waited as the roads were nice and clear and dry. It's 68 today and going higher by Friday so quite the shock to the body from the minus numbers we left. But it sure feels good to be able to walk...I even walked to the beach this morning walker and all with our dog. I got quite the workout trying to push the walker wheels through the loose sand before got to the firmer wet sand but it felt good to move. I am now (later in day) paying for it as my thighs and knees are in pain but if I continue it will be OK. Keeping to my logging and portions and with the added exercise maybe the lbs will move a little faster. As there is no scale here hoping when I get home I will have a nice number when I use the scale. Anyways enjoying this weather as knowing it's only for 22 more days then it's back to the reality of home. Hope everyone is keeping on track. Mary from Canada (temporarily in Myrtle Beach)
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Sounds like a great vacation in Myrtle Beach, Mary. Enjoy every moment!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Have a great time in Myrtle Beach, Mary! The beach is my favorite place to be. Just love it!
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Hey hey! It's Hump Day! Where's everybody at?

Good news for me today - I hit 199.5 on the scale - Onederland at last. :)
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Every time I see this thread pop up I'm one day closer to 60 LOL. 6 months to go, then I'll be able to post in it :D

Hope everyone is having a great day, gray hairs or not :)
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey hey! It's Hump Day! Where's everybody at?

Good news for me today - I hit 199.5 on the scale - Onederland at last. :)

Congratulations and well done :)
  • suziecue25
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    Every time I see this thread pop up I'm one day closer to 60 LOL. 6 months to go, then I'll be able to post in it :D

Hope everyone is having a great day, gray hairs or not :)[/quote

Still a baby LOL
  • suziecue25
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe this week will have to be a 'maintenance week' - I had wine last weekend and Thursday [14th] is Valentine's Day here in the UK which means a celebration meal and drinkies - I may be 70 but we still celebrate the day as if we were still young lovers lol. ;)

My Valentine Day meal will be -

Starter - Scallops in white wine sauce
    Main Course -Sirloin Steak [pepper sauce] asparagus, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, Dauphinoise potatoes
    Dessert - Bread and Butter Pudding and Custard

All washed down with a good bottle of red.

We are having this meal at home but hubby is taking me out to a great Indian Restaurant at the weekend as well :)

Edit: Stop Press!! Hubby has just come home and said we are going to go away for a weekend instead of the Indian meal - Yay!!!
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    suziecue25 wrote: »

Hope everyone is having a great day, gray hairs or not :)[/quote

Still a baby LOL

I am! :D
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    We're planning grilled ribeye steaks and baked potatoes and some sort of vegetable. A bottle of red sounds good. Thanks for that idea, @suziecue25 !
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,314 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Marilyn. Just found this thread. I'll be 66 in March. Since Jan '16, I lost 83 lbs. Then 1.5 yrs ago, I didn't strictly stick and gained back 40 lbs. Now I'm back on track and lost 7 lbs so far this year. I KNOW it can be done and plan to do it!
  • daklock
    daklock Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Suzieque25
    I'm thinking maybe this week will have to be a 'maintenance week' - I had wine last weekend and Thursday [14th] is Valentine's Day here in the UK which means a celebration meal and drinkies - I may be 70 but we still celebrate the day as if we were still young lovers lol.

I think it is wonderful that even at 70 you are still celebrating your love. <3<3<3 Enjoy your dinner and have a great weekend.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    seems like valentines day has got me in chocolate mood, it doesn't take much, hubby and I froze some Dove chocolates, so good, hope that helps.
  • mprocyszyn
    mprocyszyn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think Valentine's is a lovely excuse to have chocolate. Although hubby isn't the romantic type and especially after 47 years ...but sometimes....he still manages to surprize me. The stores here have so much Valentine stuff maybe he'll notice what day it is. LOL I've been very good with my logging been under every day so a treat is called for... Mary
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Ah, Valentine's Day . . . my 2nd least favorite holiday (speaking as a longtime widow).

Nonetheless, I wish all others much happiness, ample chocolate and other lovely treats, and the spirit of romance that actually deepens and becomes more profound as the years roll on, in the happiest of relationships!

For others in my situation: Feel free to go with just the chocolate, and maybe a nice dessert wine with it. ;)