Over 60 still trying

Options

Replies

• takuwinds
    takuwinds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    olancorrie wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm 64 and trying yet again. Let myself go the last 3 years, and now am so uncomfortable with all the extra pounds. I joined WW just last week to help me get started, motivated and be accountable. Not convinced that the point system is for me, probably because I've been a calorie counter for so long. I'll try to reconcile the two. I'm glad to find people in my own age group. I can't really identifý much with younger people anymore. Hope I can be of some inspiration to you, I already feel encouraged by just having found you all.
    Have a great day
    Corrie

I am also a member of WW, I drop 5 and gained 5 and been on the program for 3 months. I am also keeping track on MFP. I dropped out of WW 2 weeks ago because I'm tired of going in circles. I know the program works, I just can't make it work for me.
  • pennyhedrick
    pennyhedrick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I turned 60 last year and have decided that this is a good year to get healthy. Only problem is I need to loose over 100 lbs to do that, I pray MFP is the tool that I will successfully use to loose the weight.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @mprocyszyn and @Salixiana, it sure wasn't fun! LOL! But all's good now, thanks be to God!
  • sclady21
    sclady21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll turn 60 later this year. I'm a serial starter... probably 10 restarts this year. I hope this time I can stick with it. I have health problems and need to lose about 90lbs.
  • cedarita2
    cedarita2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this thread.
    Fitgranny56, your story is like mine. Three years ago I lost 55 pounds. I have only gained half back, but have not been able to stop the backsliding. Started a plan yet again yesterday with and am hoping I can stick with it...I know if I could just get the first 5 off, that I'd be motivated to stay the course.

Salixiana, congratulations to you! Those last few pounds come off slowly, but you are sooo close.

Time to go grocery shopping....going for the good fresh veggies.
  • azcat59
    azcat59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Like some of you, I'm restarting. I lost about 80 pounds about 10 years ago with WW and exercise. When my mom died 7 years ago, I went off the deep end and gained it all back. Plus some. I'm trying to get back on the wagon and am hoping for some motivation from some other old timers.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Good to see lots of new folks in this thread. One suggestion - get some friends on here for support. They will help you through those tough days. A daily check-in helps me to stay on track (most of the time)! HAHA! :D

To add friends on MFP:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.

Add me if you like. Always happy to share encouragement and support.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @alteredsteve175, and you're an awesome friend on MFP. Appreciate your support, Steve!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    @alteredsteve175, and you're an awesome friend on MFP. Appreciate your support, Steve!

@BonnieHosk85 - Right back atcha'! I appreciate your support as well. ;)
  • ChrisS_51
    ChrisS_51 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, 67 year old Aussie wife & grandmother of 4 here. I was on MFP before and lost 25 kgs in 2012. I dropped out of MFP when there was a lot of issues about privacy online generally, and rules were changing (not just for MFP). So I dropped out, and the kilos dropped back on! Looking to lose about 15 kilos again. MFP was a great help in daily logging and support from others, so today I am getting back into the habit, and looking for friends. I plan to eat sensibly, log, get some exercise, I KNOW I can do it. (Just clicked on my old success story link and it looks like it works) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/822747/60-yo-aussie-25-kgs-55-lbs-in-a-year/p1
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi @ChriS_51 welcome back :) I've read your success story post...which is very inspirational. I lost 50lbs and kept it off for well over a year and then gave up smoking so it all came back with a vengeance lol.....here we go again!

I find this particular thread very friendly and I would be happy to give and receive help and information to/from people on it :)
  • Jacson53
    Jacson53 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Salixiana wrote: »
    Hanging in there for the last 3 lbs, til I reach my goal weight. I know that ideally goal weight is a range, but I promised myself I'd eat at a deficit until I reach the low end of that range. I've taken the too-small jeans out of storage and put them back in my drawer now! And I'm going to celebrate reaching my goal weight by getting rid of the ones that are too big. No safety clothes being saved.

Don't just throw out the "big" jeans... make a ceremony of it.
    • Share before and after photos with family & friends
    • Examine how reaching your goal brings you closer to the healthier, satisfying life you want
    • Contemplate the effort and discipline it took to change old habits and progress to your goal
    • and then.... BURN THOSE SUCKERS in a cheery little bonfire, never to be seen, remembered or talked about again!
    Congratulations.