What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - oatmeal with melted cheese and salt and pepper

Lunch - plain bagel thin with natural peanut butter, sliced banana with mini chocolate morsels

Dinner - Turkey sandwich on honey wheat bread made with deli cut oven roasted turkey and deli cut American cheese, probably eat some animal crackers with it
  • iseewholewheat
    iseewholewheat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    B: skip, multivitamin
    L: Tacqueria del Sol's shrimp and corn chowder with bean enchilada covered in salsa fritz
    D: Jimmy John's veggie with no tomato, 1/2 cup raspberries

Today:
    B: Instant Breakfast with 2 cups 2% Lactaid milk, multivitamin
    L: Asian salmon and green beans
    D: either Pablano, leek, and potato soup (finish before it goes bad) or maybe quiche with gouda, arugula, and onion-- it will be a game time decision.
    Dessert or snack: probably blackberries, clementines, or maybe scoop of Halo salted caramel
  • rayraynicole15
    rayraynicole15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- Kodiak Cake with sugar free syrup, & berries with a couple sliced almonds on top. With 1/3 cup of Trader Joe’s vanilla green yogurt.
    Lunch- low carb tortilla w/ 3oz chicken, lettuce mix, a laughing cow cheese triangle spread on the tortilla w/ Trader Joe’s green goddess dressing
    Dinner- cauliflower fried rice w/chicken
    Snacks- Trader Joe’s green tea matcha latte & 2 Tbs. peanut butter /carrots
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Breakfast: didn't have

Lunch:
    *2 scrambled eggs made in microwave (tired of cleaning pots and pans!) with black pepper and paprika
    *a plate of vegetables -- chopped spinach (from frozen), red/green peppers and onions (from frozen), and a tomato, also with black pepper and paprika...I wished I had mushrooms to go in this too
    *hot cereal -- 1/2 cup extra thick rolled oats, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed, 1/2 cup Ezekiel 4:9 Golden Flax cereal, and 1/2 cup of frozen New Jersey blueberries
    *2 slices of whole wheat bread with 1 tbsp of coconut butter and 1 tbsp of St. Dalfour no sugar added marmalade divided between the two
    *vitamin D3 supplement

Snack:
    *2 cups of decaf English breakfast tea
    *2 Tate's coconut crisp cookies, gluten-free version

Dinner:
    sort of a stew made from:
    *salmon fillet poached with red pepper flakes, black pepper, turmeric, and dried thyme, plus 1 cup of the poaching liquid
    *1/2 cup of brown rice
    *1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
    *1 cup of lima beans (from frozen)
    *2/3 cup of broccoli and cauliflower (from frozen)
    *1 tomato
    *I also had 6 whole-grain crackers on the side
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I gat me some ingredients to make a keto pizza. Today, I did. I divided my batch into 2, one for me and one for my Mrs.

Hers is now in the trash.

Of course, she's never been one to clean her plate, either. The "fathead" pizza dough tasted like cheese. I guess that's a feature.

For breakfast I had several cups of coffee. One cup had keto creamer. One cup had heavy whipping cream.

After lunch my keto experimentation for the day ended and I snacked on ice cream. No Sugar Vanilla in sugar-free 7-Up is my new favorite pleasure.

Later, before dinner, I had a small apple.

For dinner I had a can of soup with a few crackers, a can of fish, and a few more crackers with almond butter.

At 9 this evening I'm planning to have a square of 86% chocolate.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Chickpea flour pancake with coconut and maple syrup
    Rice and quinoa pasta with vegan meatballs. Roasted broccoli.
    Daiya peach greek yogurt. Sandwich with smoked tofu, spinach, and hummus
    Lentil soup
    Apple
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 chocolate donuts (Chocolate Covered Katie recipe) & coffee
    Lunch: Morningstar griller veggie burger on toast with lettuce, mayo, mustard, pickles & onion, 1/2 large Korean pear
    Dinner: Golden Curry leftovers with tofu, potato, carrot, onion & brown rice.
    Snack: large bottle (16 oz) 2% milk
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: about a third of a pomelo at 2AM (whyyyyy); banana at 5AM; half a PB&J, cottage cheese, and coffee at 7AM.

Lunch: tuna salad (like, actual salad -- bed of spinach topped with tuna, beets, and herb vinaigrette), raw baby carrots, tomato slices, and broccoli.

Dinner: Parmesan-roasted chicken breast, cauliflower, and onions.

Snacks: chips and guacamole, apples, more pomelo.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Avocalado shake: whole avocado, big hand full of baby spinach, big hand full of kale, coconut water, coconut juice, lime juice, pomegranate juice, frozen pineapples, frozen mangoes, ice

Before Lunch:
    1 cup of schizandra berry tea, 1 cup of dandelion root tea

Lunch:
    Thai Food/left overs: Spicy shrimp Basil fried Rice, tempura veggies, beef and shrimp drunken noodles
    1 cup of dried garlic tea

Dinner:
    Avocado Caesar salad, roasted brussel sprouts and broccolini, bowl of seafood bisque soup, water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    2 cara cara oranges, a bowl of fresh blueberries, big handful of pecans, walnuts and almonds

• rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Tuna cake with lettuce on an onion bun, turkey/sweet potato/black bean chili
    Afternoon snack: Lite and fit coconut Greek yogurt
    Dinner: Balsamic caprese chicken with a side of spinach and chickpea rice pilaf (recipe of that on Budget Bytes... 10/10 recommend!!)
    Dessert: Definitely 1 serving Ben and Jerry's Brewed to Matter ice cream. Maybe a cup of hot chocolate. c:
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Cauliflower Proatmeal again, but PBJ style this time. Instant oats mixed with riced cauliflower (I swear you barely taste it), peanut butter flavored protein powder, almond cashew milk, and sliced strawberries on top. I think I might mix in a little strawberry jam in tomorrow. The whole bowl was just under 100 calories!

Lunch: Pizza sauce and Trader Joe's light shredded mozzarella on top of two slices of toasted Schmidt's 647 white bread. Peach Light and Fit Greek yogurt.

Dinner: Turkey Salad (leftover roasted turkey slices mixed with two tablespoons light mayo, onion salt, crispy bacon slices, and ranch powder) and a small bag of kettle chips. I was gonna put the turkey salad on a pita, but I think I'll save the calories for snacks and just eat it with a fork :)

Snacks: I had a bag of Smart Sweets gummy fish and a Siggis No Added Sugar yogurt in Bananas and Cinnamon (so good!). I have about 500 calories left to play with, so I'll probably have a couple of the Weight Watchers mini bars after dinner. Or just bank them for the weekend. I want Mexican, dammit!
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Weetabix, milk and blueberries

Lunch: Roast chicken breast, 5 bean salad, banana & grapes

Dinner: Griddled Rump Steak, homemade oven chips, grilled mushrooms, tenderstem broccoli, peas, grilled tomato

Snack: Fibre Go chocolate brownie [87 calories and 6% fibre]

1200 calories
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Three hashbrowns.
    Field roast apple sage sausage.
    Burger - Chickpea patty, sautéed onions & mushrooms, tomato, lettuce, red onion, and garlic aioli. And a small side of red beans. And a chocolate cookie with cranberries.
    Daiya peach yogurt.
    Quinoa with chickpeas, mushrooms, olives, and spinach
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Meal 1:
    *two microwave scrambled eggs with paprika and black pepper
    *vegetable plate -- water-sauteed spinach, red pepper, green pepper, and onions (from frozen) and a tomato, seasoned with turmeric and red pepper flakes
    *hot cereal -- 1/2 cup extra thick rolled oats, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed, 1/2 cup New Jersey blueberries (from frozen), cinnamon -- finally I found a way to eat oatmeal that I actually like!
    *two slices whole-wheat toast with 1 tbsp coconut butter and 1 tbsp St. Dalfour marmalade divided between the two

Snack:
    *two cups decaf English breakfast tea
    *1 cup Stonyfield Farms plain whole milk yogurt
    *8 Grains First whole-grain crackers
    *Nonni's dark chocolate almond biscotti

Meal 2:
    *two Dr. Praeger's black bean and quinoa veggie burger patties
    *1.5 cups red lentil pasta with broccoli and cauliflower (from frozen), a tomato, red pepper flakes, and McCormick black garlic
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Morning snack: Oatmeal made with 1/2 cup milk, pumpkin pie mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1 scoop of protein powder
    Lunch: Turkey, sweet potato, and black bean chili, Coke Zero
    Dinner: Leftover caprese chicken thighs with Budget Bytes spinach and chickpea rice pilaf

Still have around 200 calories left so I'll probably have another snack between lunch and dinner, or a hot chocolate for dessert. c:
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Breakfast: Sprinkle Donut (DH brought it home from overseas; a rare treat!)

Lunch: Lemon-Butter Tilapia with Rice

Dinner: Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon with Parmesan Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

Other: Coke (can), Unsweetened Applesauce
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: green-chili sourdough toast topped with avocado, pickled beets, and sea salt (PHENOMENAL, highly recommend), milk; I might grab a coffee here at work in a while.

Lunch: salmon salad and crudites if I go home; cheeseburger and fries if a friend is up for lunch.

Dinner: turkey-and-corn chowder with lots of spinach stirred in.

Snacks: I'm going to try to avoid them today (I had A Ghirardelli Incident yesterday), but if I really need one it'll be an apple, banana, or orange.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: Healthy Choice unwrapped burrito power bowl (turkey sausage, egg whites, oats, quinoa, veggies and tomatillo sauce)...black coffee
    Lunch: beer battered fish fillet with homemade tartar sauce, broccoli, about 6 steak fries
    Dinner: beans & cornbread
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    Breakfast: green-chili sourdough toast topped with avocado, pickled beets, and sea salt (PHENOMENAL, highly recommend), milk; I might grab a coffee here at work in a while.

Lunch: salmon salad and crudites if I go home; cheeseburger and fries if a friend is up for lunch.

Dinner: turkey-and-corn chowder with lots of spinach stirred in.

Snacks: I'm going to try to avoid them today (I had A Ghirardelli Incident yesterday), but if I really need one it'll be an apple, banana, or orange.

Laughing at "A Ghirardelli Incident". I had a cake frosting incident. It gave me bright blue green lips, tongue, and other things I won't mention. Seriously!? I just ate the frosting from 2 small slices of cake and it's like I injected my face and body with blue green dye. Plus it wasn't even that good.

Should have had Ghirardelli!
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    B: 3 eggs + 1 egg white , 1/2 c brown rice and 1/4 onion cooked in 3 tsp ghee.
    L: 8 oz plain homemade whole milk yogurt with a cup of fruit mix stirred
    Dinner: chicken breast, rice and spinach.