What We're Eating

Replies

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited January 2019
    Breakfast: Cauliflower Proatmeal...mixture of oats, riced cauliflower, stevia, almond cashew blend milk, and birthday cake flavored protein powder. Tastes just like vanilla frosting and you can't even detect the cauliflower! Loads of volume for so little calories.

Lunch: Joseph's Pita Bread topped with pizza sauce and light shredded mozzarella. Quick five minutes in the air fryer and you have a pizza for just over 100 calories! Small garden salad with Bolthouse Ranch and croutons.

Dinner: Sauerbraten with potatoes and carrots.

Snack: Built Bar in Salted Caramel. Maybe a greek yogurt later.

Dessert: slice of cannoli cake. It's my dad's birthday so I'm splurging :smiley:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    My children are always eating this sausage, egg, cheese on a bagel from Dunkin Donuts...I've never tried it before and tried it today and it was absolutely DELICIOUS!

Breakfast:
    Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwich on bagel, water to drink

Lunch:
    1 cup of dried garlic tea, 1 cup of Gotu Kola tea, 1 cup of dandelion root tea

Dinner:
    avocado Caesar salad, roasted veggies (squash, brussels sprouts, zucchini, eggplant), chicken soup

Dessert and.or late night snack:
    cup (or so) of fresh blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberry/honey Greek yogurt, handful of walnuts, pecans and almonds
  • txmommyofboys_
    txmommyofboys_ Posts: 3 Member
    Pre-workout: Rice crispy treat
    Brunch: 3 pancakes w/ Cary’s Syrup & 4 pieces of center cut bacon
    Lunch: Buffalo Patty & Fries from Twisted Root Burger
    Snack: 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter and 2 vanilla merengues
    Dinner: Brown Sugar BBQ Chicken & Air fried potatoes
    Dessert: Lil Buff Protien Cake with Buttercreamn icing
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited January 2019
    Breakfast: didn't have

Lunch: Chipotle burrito with brown rice, pinto beans, peppers and onions, sofritas, mild salsa, and cheese

Snack: two cups of decaf green tea and 2/3 serving of Green and Black's 85% dark chocolate

Dinner part 1 (while doing the laundry): one slice of pizza from our local pizza place with garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes

Dinner part 2 (aka midnight snack after laundry, grocery shopping, showering, doing some cleaning/organizing, and putting away the laundry):
    *2/3 block of boiled tempeh seasoned with turmeric and paprika
    *a plate of vegetables: broccoli and cauliflower mix, baby carrots, and 2 tomatoes, seasoned with black pepper and dried thyme
    *4 Grains First whole grain crackers
    *a cup of green grapes
    This was also a "using up food before it goes bad" meal.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Yesterday:

Breakfast: Natural yogurt with banana, peanuts and honey
    Lunch: Mushroom and feta frittata
    Dinner: Broccoli, chicken and potato bake
    Snacks: Twix cookie

My boyfriend was annoyed at me for bringing cookies into the house but it's not my fault if I can limit myself to one when he has 3!
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Snack: lite and fit Greek yogurt
    Lunch: black bean, turkey, and sweet potato chili. This was amazing last time I made it so I'm super excited for it today!
    Dinner: 2 Tuna cakes, each on a bun with hot sauce, lettuce, and tomato
    Dessert: 1/2 pint Enlightened ice cream

I also forsee 1-2 cups of hot chocolate in my future today after I come back in from building a snowman. :D
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    I did some good meal prep over the weekend, so I am feeling very smug this morning.

Breakfast: loaded frittata (spinach, tomatoes, red onion, olives, bacon, Parmesan), green-chili sourdough with yogurt butter; I'll pick up a latte on the way to work.

Lunch: tuna sandwich, crudites (tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower) with ranch dip.

Dinner: carnitas tacos with guacamole, cucumber-tomato salad.

Snacks: apples, cara cara oranges, more crudites and dip.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast: key lime Greek yogurt
    Lunch: seasoned & grilled chicken breast with roasted sweet potatoes
    Afternoon snack: pineapple
    Dinner: homemade "hamburger helper" and a salad with homemade croutons, shredded cheese and Catalina dressing
    After dinner snack: strawberries and some popcorn
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I'm making Nasi Goreng (without egg) when I get home in a few minutes time. Have too many veggies left in the fridge and need to reduce them. Plus rice! And sambal! And peanutsauce!
  • B: 2 egg cups
    L: Skinnytaste Pasta e Fagioli
    D : Not 100% sure yet but probably crab cakes and a salad
    S: cutie and Special K Cinnamon crisps
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Breakfast: "Cheesy" grits with tempeh bacon, green smoothie

Lunch: Black-eyed peas and collard greens, garlic biscuit, Clif nut butter bar

Dinner: Chickpea bolognese with carrot "noodles"

Snack: Matcha latte with coconut milk, coffee
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: toast with 1/2 avocado, fried egg with cheddar cheese & salsa, coffee
    Lunch: homemade tuna melt with Worcestershire sauce, celery, lots of onion. 1/2 large Korean pear.
    Dinner: TVP spaghetti and a side salad
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Breakfast:
    1 cup of ashwagandha root tea, 1 cup of dried garlic tea, 1 cup of dandelion root tea

Lunch:
    Green oatmeal (1 scoop of Amazing Grass Green Superfood Organic Powder with Wheat Grass and Greens), chewy steel cut oats, butter, coconut oil, pecans, almonds and walnuts, a lot of fresh blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and water to drink

Dinner:
    smothered (in homemade gravy)2 thin cut pork chops & onions, jasmine rice and gravy, sauteed spinach, steamed cauliflower/broccoli mix, water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    2 cara cara oranges, cup of fresh blueberries & blackberries, cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited January 2019
    breakfast: 2 slices sprouted whole grains bread with a triangle of light cheese spread

lunch: 4oz of salmon with light Italian dressing; salad (spinach, onion, sweet peppers, mushrooms, black olives, pepper jack cheese, mild pepper rings and low calorie Catalina dressing); a serving of beans (I made a batch mixing a large can of baked pinto beans with a can of kidney beans and a can of black beans. Some of it went into the freezer for later); a serving of Wheat Thin Crackers

afternoon: green smoothie (banana, kale, strawberries, clementines, plain Greek yogurt and ground flax seed)

Supper: large sweet potato with ranch dressing; steamed broccoli with melted co-jack cheese
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Two hashbrowns. Chia pudding with berry compote.
    Garlic rice. Sauteed chickpeas with chick'n tenders.
    Vega chocolate protein shake. Banana.
    Butternut squash mac and "cheese" with spinach, and seitan.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Forgot. Also had sauteed rapini.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited January 2019
    Breakfast: didn't have

Lunch: (at local diner because I was going to cook at home (I work from home right now) but had to leave my apartment unexpectedly)
    *grilled cheese on challah bread made with Cabot cheddar cheese
    *bowl of vegan Yankee bean soup
    *16oz of unsweetened iced black tea

Snacks: (from Rite Aid while I was doing work at the library)
    *another 16oz of unsweetened iced black tea (I took it to go from the diner in my Hydro Flask)
    *Sabra roasted red pepper hummus and pretzel pack
    *Aloha Chocolate Fudge Brownie protein bar (a vegan protein bar I never tried before; it was pretty good)

Dinner:
    *2 poached eggs
    *4 Grains First whole-grain crackers
    *about 1.5 servings of chickpea rotini with 2/3 cup of broccoli and cauliflower, 1 tomato, and paprika
    *1 cup of green grapes
    *vitamin D3 supplement

Dessert (didn't have yet): Nonni's dark chocolate almond biscotti
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Breakfast: Strawberry Instant Oatmeal w/ 1 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt added

Lunch: Leftover meatloaf w/ a side of cheesy red beans & lentils

Dinner: Lemon butter tilapia w/ rice and mixed vegetables

Snacks / Other: Coke (can), possibly 1 serving of cherry cordial kisses after DS is in bed.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited January 2019
    Breakfast: cottage cheese, banana; I'll bring an apple to work and pick up a coffee there.

Lunch: some kind of sandwich TBD (options are PB&J, tuna salad, salmon salad, or a tuna melt), crudites with ranch dip.

Dinner: carnitas tacos with guacamole, cucumber-tomato salad -- I wasn't hungry at all last night, so I skipped dinner and will have it tonight instead.

Snacks: cara cara oranges, chips with more guac.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2019
    Breakfast:
    1 cup of ashwagandha root tea, 1 cup of dried garlic tea, 1 cup of dandelion root tea

Lunch:
    bowl of fresh blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, honey/strawberry greek yogurt, big handful of walnuts, almonds, pecans. Milk oolong tea and water to drink

Dinner:
    Thai Food: Spicy shrimp Basil fried Rice, tempura veggies, beef and shrimp drunken noodles, thai ice tea and hand/homemade thai mango ice cream for dessert

Dessert or late night snack:
    2 cara cara oranges and 6-7 fresh (thinly sliced) pineapple rings and perhaps/maybe some roasted/salted/shelled peanuts