What We're Eating

Options
1274275276277278280»

Replies

• donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: kale salad with quinoa, dried cherries, pumpkin seeds, ricotta salata, dill, and mustard vinaigrette
    Snack: plums
    Lunch: burrito bowl with rice, beans, shrimp, cheese, and salad
    Snack: cucumber and cherry tomatoes with spicy hummus, a lemon seltzer
    Evening: probably a yasso frozen yogurt bar
  • justanotherjen13
    justanotherjen13 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: coffee with French vanilla creamer
    Snack: half portion of sour cream & onion Veggie Straws (needed something after working in the yard for over an hour)
    Lunch: turkey/chicken/provolone sandwich on sourdough with baby carrots
    Dinner: pork roast, rice, sauteed mushrooms, mixed veggies and brussels sprouts
    Dessert: 1 Oreo cookie from my daughter (although I'm thinking of asking for another)
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: overnight oats with chia seeds, greek yogurt, and mixed berries
    Snack: iced coffee, cucumber and baby carrots with spicy hummus
    Lunch: pasta with pesto, green beans, and cherry tomatoes (had this cold, kind of pasta salad) Snack: a small piece of coconut cake at monthly staff birthday celebration, divine
    But then: the cake got me craving and I also ate two cookies and a bag of sun chips while working late 😕
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well :) I'm going to start posting my protein counts on here for a bit of accountability, if that's okay, since one of my goals in the coming week is to prioritize protein and get 100g each day.

Today:
    Breakfast- Coffee with caramel almond milk creamer and a breakfast sandwich with vegan mayo, hot sausage, just egg patty, vegan cheese, lettuce, and tomato
    Lunch: Leftover eggplant tofu with rice and broccoli
    Snack 1: A small serving of grapes
    Dinner: Hummus-based pasta salad with vegan kielbasa
    Snack 2: Two peanut butter maple cookies

Protein: 103 grams
    Exercise: I might do some yoga later if I get sleepy after lunch
  • LenGray
    Options

And do you find low protein makes you feel more blue/lethargic LG - and impacts your desire to exercise?

Sorry for the late reply--I had missed this during my last peek into the thread. I think low protein definitely makes me feel more moody and tired. I think the lack of exercise is a bit of a side symptom though, since if I'm not focused on hitting my protein goal, I'm definitely not focused on any other health habits.
  • justanotherjen13
    Options
    Lunch: turkey/chicken/provolone sandwich with low-fat cottage cheese
    Dinner: petite sirloin steak with instant potatoes, mixed veggies and brussels sprouts
    Snack: thinking about having some microwave popcorn later
  • LenGray
    Options
    How's everyone's weekend going so far?

Today's eats:

Breakfast- Coffee with caramel almond milk creamer and peanut butter banana toast
    Lunch- Chickpea frittata
    Dinner- Vegan BLT with tempeh bacon and a bowl of black bean-lentil soup with spinach and kielbasa
    Snack- Peanut butter maple cookies with some ginger-peach tea

Protein- 103 grams
    Exercise- Nope, but lots of cooking and running around
  • LenGray
    Options
    I had a nice, relaxed day today. I'm off work at one of my jobs for a few weeks, so having just the other one felt a bit luxurious lol Hit my protein goal again today but remembered my main struggle with this amount of protein-- I feel like I'm always eating. Not a bad thing, by any means, but it gave me some interesting insight into why I might have let myself slip the past few months when time was at a premium.

Today:
    Breakfast- Coffee with soy milk and seedy oatmeal with blueberries and peanut butter
    Lunch- Vegan frittata
    Snack 1- Apple slices
    Dinner- Lentil and black bean soup with a vegan BLT (hummus this time instead of mayo)
    Snack 2- Maple peanut butter cookies with coffee

Protein- 101 grams
    Exercise- Took the dogs for a long walk :)
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hey again LG ! And that sounds a good plan,

I’ve had a few days of feeling poorly - so it was nice to get back to some exercise today - brisk dogwalk this morning, Pilates this evening.

Food wise:

Breakfast - muesli with mixed fruits of the forest, extra walnuts and yoghurt
    Lunch - pumpernickel bread with ham, humous, stuffed vine leaves, olives, raw sugar snaps peas and tomatoes. Melon.
    Evening - Spanish rice with green peppers, chicken thigh and chorizo. Salad leaves. Strawberries.
    Snacks: some roasted almonds

I am also upping the protein a little and noticing I am not getting as hungry for snacks. And I am also finding my sweet tooth Drive is calming (I even preferred dark chocolate the other day, wow).
  • LenGray
    Options
    @gentlygently I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Btw, your lunch sounds delicious!

Today was my first day dealing with a fair bit of hunger since bumping up my protein, so I was a bit snacky, but offset it by taking my dogs for a few more walks and eating some pretty high-volume, low-calorie meals. I still have some calories left, so if I'm too hungry later I might have some apple slices or strawberries.

Breakfast: Coffee with soy milk and two slices of chickpea frittata
    Snack 1: Strawberries
    Lunch: Vegan BLT with black bean and lentil soup
    Snack 2: Popcorn
    Dinner: Pasta salad with hummus, tofu, chickpeas, carrots, celery, and onion
    Snack 3: Maple peanut butter cookies

Protein: 100 grams
    Exercise: Some yoga, lots of walking, and a bit of dancing while cooking :smiley:
  • LenGray
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope your week is going well ^_^

Today was a little less snacky and a bit more active, which was nice. I also did a Yoga with Adriene video (Center- Day 1) since my dogs weren't wanting to walk. All in all, it was a really nice day :)

Breakfast: Coffee with soy milk and a green smoothie
    Snack 1: Strawberries
    Lunch: Pasta salad with extra hummus
    Snack 2: Popcorn
    Dinner: BBQ seitan with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies
    Snack 3: Maple peanut butter cookies

Protein: 103 grams
    Exercise: 30 minutes of yoga
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    3s3k7184msg7.jpeg
  • justanotherjen13
    Options
    Lunch: half a turkey/provolone sandwich and half a small chef salad and some baby carrots
    Dinner: Zataran's red beans and rice with andouille sausage and a very thin slice of French bread
    Snack: some Veggie Straws
  • LenGray
    Options
    Today was a lot of fun! I got really inspired for a painting series I've been messing with the last few weeks and might (fingers crossed!) be ready to work on it this weekend. It did mean that I didn't start eating until 11 though ^_^;

Breakfast: Coffee with caramel almond creamer and seedy oatmeal with peanut butter and blueberries
    Snack 1: Oat milk latte
    Lunch: Pasta salad with extra hummus
    Snack 2: Maple peanut butter cookies
    Dinner: BBQ bowl with seitan, mashed potatoes, and mixed veggies

Protein: 101 grams
    Exercise: Nothing, unless you count moving canvases out of storage :)
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Had these last night. Leftovers from grilling earlier this week: Reheated portobello caps with fresh 🥑 and a little tobasco

zipt3an69sxs.jpeg
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I cooked a Cuban black bean stew yesterday, taking masses of shortcuts and making lots of replacements. E.g. no black beans available here, no ham hock, no Mexican adobo. But no problem. I microwaved chicken breast and made shredded chicken afterwards, used berbere with vinegar, and other beans. And it's totally and utterly delicious. Just ate a second portion today and will still have something for tomorrow. #30-minute-stew