What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Plain whole-milk yogurt with roast chestnuts and plums added. 2 slices Ezekiel toast with butter. Cold brew coffee with soy milk, vanilla collagen powder, and fat-free whipped cream.
    Morning Snack: Kind dark chocolate nuts and sea salt bar
    Lunch: (from restaurant) Whole-wheat penne with grilled chicken, veloute sauce, sauteed mushrooms/onions/sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan, and rosemary. Also Trident bubblegum afterwards -- trying to get into the habit of chewing xylitol gum for dental health.
    Dinner: Smoothie (Garden of Life protein+greens chocolate protein powder, soy milk, plain whole-milk yogurt, frozen mixed berries, cocoa powder, and spring mix greens).
    Iced green tea throughout the day.
    Exercise: Walked 70 mins
    Totals: 2145 cals, 50% carbs, 27% fat, 23% protein

• rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Happy first of July! Can't believe we're already 1/3 of the way through summer.

Breakfast: Coffee with oat milk, greek yogurt with raspberries and granola
    Lunch: Leftover fish tacos made with low carb tortillas, cabbage cilantro slaw, tilapia, avocado, tomato, and red onion
    Snack: Likely a protein shake made with oat milk, vanilla powder, and frozen mixed fruit
    Dinner: Tortellini soup with crusty bread for dipping
    Dessert: Making homemade rice krispy treats! Have a bunch of leftover smores ingredients from a gathering a few weeks ago so might add the leftover chocolate and graham cracker to it!
  • siberiantarragon
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs. 2 slices Ezekiel toast with butter. Dole acai bowl. Cold brew coffee with vanilla collagen powder, soy milk, and fat-free whipped cream. Vitamin D3 and fish oil supplements.
    Morning Snack: Coconut water
    Lunch: Amy's low-sodium lentil soup with Enlightened wasabi roasted broad beans and nutritional yeast added in. 2 more slices Ezekiel toast with butter.
    Dinner: 1/2 Caulipower margherita pizza (first time trying since I had a coupon...it was ok). Salad (spring mix, tomato, baby carrots, olives, pickled peppers, Italian dressing, Mrs. Dash original, and nutritional yeast).
    Evening Snack: Simple Mills double chocolate almond flour cookies.
    I drank some iced green tea today but I'm trying to cut back on tea since I read it can increase the risk of kidney stones.
    Exercise: 25 min walk (it was 95 degrees out) and 30 min stationary bike
    Totals: 2201 cals, 47% carbs, 37% fat, 16% protein
  • siberiantarragon
    edited July 2022
    Options
    An out and about leisurely Saturday:
    Breakfast: Plain whole-milk yogurt mixed with Love Crunch dark chocolate macaroon granola, a cut-up peach, and vanilla extract.
    Lunch: Chili's cilantro-lime carne asada with black beans and grilled asparagus as the sides (really good, definitely recommend).
    Afternoon Snacks: Lavender cold brew (cold brew, whole milk, and lavender syrup), nopales street tacos (mini tortillas with nopales, onions, salsa, cilantro, and cotija cheese), and a glass of Malbec -- all from local eateries.
    Dinner: Whole-wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce, Parmesan, green olives, and pickled peppers.
    Evening Snack: An Italian rosemary cracker thing, and a Halo Top peanut butter chocolate ice cream bar.
    Iced tea and water to drink.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    These are my Saturday Farmers market splendid foods

8i6033nraru4.jpg
    hwugjh5ficqh.jpg
    by4ykzjd7u1u.jpg
    nohcbe40qh6r.jpg
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    BF- coffee with cream and sugar and a breakfast burrito
    L- chicken broccoli Alfredo (no pasta) small protein shake
    D- my own twist on the cheese burger salad. Instead of the Big Mac version I did a mushroom Swiss style.
  • siberiantarragon
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Back to it after a very fun July 4th!
    Breakfast: Chicken sausage. 2 scrambled eggs. A peach. 2 buttermilk-vanilla Power Waffles with butter. Cold brew coffee with soy milk and fat-free whipped cream.
    Lunch: Amy's Organic low-sodium lentil vegetable soup with Carrington Farms quinoa croutons and nutritional yeast. 2 Mission Carb Balance sundried tomato basil tortillas. 2 mugs Irish breakfast tea with vanilla creamer.
    Dinner: Lazy "poke bowl" type thing (canned tuna in oil, brown rice, cashews, seaweed, cut-up baby carrots, tomato, and arugula, coconut aminos, sesame seeds, onion flakes, red pepper flakes, mustard powder, ginger). It didn't look like a poke bowl but it did taste like one. Even my vegetarian spouse asked to try some! LOL. Also a mug of oolong tea.
    Evening Snack: Chobani zero sugar milk and cookies Greek yogurt, Perfect Snacks dark chocolate peanut butter cups, and another mug of oolong tea.
    BTW it's been about six weeks now since I started this PCOS management eating plan. Specifically: a) reducing processed sugar, white flour, and other high glycemic foods, b) reducing carbs to 50% or less per day, c) limiting carbs that are not paired with a protein, and d) eating more frequent smaller meals throughout the day instead of two giant meals which I used to do. So far I am definitely seeing benefits. My acne is almost completely gone. I have way more energy. My mood has been a lot better (although part of that is due to trauma therapy). Even my "time of the month" seems like it's less terrible than usual. Even with not adhering 100% to the eating plan and having occasional cheat snacks and meals, the improvements are obvious. If anyone reading has PCOS I definitely recommend this type of diet.
  • siberiantarragon
    Options
    Breakfast: Plain whole-milk yogurt with almond Ezekiel cereal, pecans, blueberries, and vanilla extract. Cold brew coffee with vanilla collagen powder, soy milk, and fat-free whipped cream.
    Lunch: Amy's black bean vegetable soup with nutritional yeast and Carrington Farms quinoa croutons. 2 Mission carb balance tomato basil tortillas, and some baby carrots.
    Afternoon Snacks: Chobani zero sugar toasted coconut vanilla yogurt, and 2 mugs of Irish breakfast tea with soy milk.
    Dinner: Yellow squash, grape tomatoes, and arugula, sauteed in tomato sauce, served over Green Giant lentil/pea/chickpea "rice" and topped with Parmesan cheese.
    Evening Snack: Perfect Snacks dark chocolate peanut butter cups, and 2 mugs of oolong tea.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been having some issues controlling my appetite lately (like, eating a whole pizza and still being hungry kind of appetite) so I'm trying to add more low-calorie bulk to my meals. I've gained a little, so this next week I'm going to bump up my exercise and lower my calories so I can actively start losing again :) If anyone has any suggestions for out-of-control hunger, I'd love to hear them!

Breakfast: Coffee, veggie and bean hash with guacamole and salsa and a slice of peanut butter and strawberry toast
    Lunch: Vegetable barley soup with vegan italian sausage
    Dinner: Spicy lentils with eggplant and rice
    Snacks: Grapes and half an apple
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    This was my breakfast/ lunch ( slept in) Roasted bok choi with BBQ sauce, Curry and Nutritional Yeast, Just Egg Plant based Patti, Cashew Queso, Rice cake, Nutritional Yeast and Spicesxe3kzd7wspcw.jpg
    ve008cpnwso5.jpg
  • LenGray
    Options
    Slowly but surely getting my munchies under control...

Breakfast: Coffee and leftover veggie pizza
    Lunch: Veggie dogs and tortilla chips with salsa
    Dinner: Primavera pasta
    Snacks: Zucchini bread and grapes
  • siberiantarragon
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I've been having some issues controlling my appetite lately (like, eating a whole pizza and still being hungry kind of appetite) so I'm trying to add more low-calorie bulk to my meals. I've gained a little, so this next week I'm going to bump up my exercise and lower my calories so I can actively start losing again :) If anyone has any suggestions for out-of-control hunger, I'd love to hear them!

I have this problem and for me it's related to hormones. Before my period I want to eat everything in sight, but during and right after my period I have almost no appetite. You might want to get checked for a hormonal imbalance if it persists. It's also possible it may be related to emotions, like stress eating. Stress can sometimes cause sensations of hunger. My partner has this problem and under stress can eat entire boxes of cereal, blocks of cheese, etc. in one sitting without even feeling like they ate anything or noticing how much they ate.

As for dietary suggestions, dietitian Abbey Sharp talks about the "hunger crushing combo" -- protein, healthy fat, and fiber. She says if you have those components in every meal or snack it will help you to feel full for longer. Swapping out high-glycemic foods like white flour for lower-glycemic foods, will help as well. I also find eating smaller meals more frequently helps.

Anyway haven't done one of these "What I Ate" in a while:
    Breakfast: Breakfast sandwich (whole-wheat wrap, 3 eggs, bacon, cheddar cheese, avocado, tomato). Iced coffee with whole milk and one Sugar in the Raw packet.
    Lunch: Basil pesto quinoa (one of those ready-to-eat ones) which I added a packet of dry roasted edamame to. Both items from my emergency hurricane/blizzard food stash that were nearing the expiration date. Also some water with lemon and lime juice in it. Speaking of which, I need to switch out some of my emergency food to lower glycemic options and I also need to find some kind of good flavorings to add to water.
    Dinner: Red lentil spaghetti with sauteed seasoned yellow squash, tomato, and spinach, topped with capers and Parmesan. Some baby carrots. Green tea.
    Evening Snack: Chobani zero sugar key lime pie yogurt. 2 Perfect Snacks dark chocolate peanut butter cups. More green tea.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    pretty much doing below (2500cal)
    meal 1, 3, 5 pastured eggs/steak/potatoes/gruyere cheese/broccoli
    meal 2, 4, 6 greek yogurt or skyr/peanut butter/strawberries
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've missed this thread. Anyone still around out there?
  • LenGray
    Options
    I've missed this thread. Anyone still around out there?

I am! I've missed this thread too. What do you say we revive it? ^_^

Today, I ate:

Breakfast- Coffee with soy milk and 2 slices of toast with peanut butter and a banana
    Lunch- Vegetable barley soup with a barbeque lentil sandwich (I used spicy hummus for the dressing, SO GOOD)
    Snack 1- Grapes
    Dinner- A tofu sushi bowl with mushrooms, broccoli, pickled red onion, and spicy mayo
    Snack 2- Strawberries and a mug of hot tea
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    @LenGrey, great to hear from you again! And your dinner sounds really delish. Today I had: a homemade chocolate chip chia waffle (one section) for breakfast with some oats and Vega protein powder snuck in so my kids wouldn't notice; a mid-morning black tea with whole milk and THEN a London Fog latte with half the sugar, followed by a McDonald's filet o fish for a late lunch (but no fries) and a mostly unsweet tea. Also half a lemon Larabar that had probably been in my office drawer too long. :( Supper was alfredo pasta with diced tomatoes and asparagus added. Also 1/3 cup leftover mustard potato salad. Evening snack: a cup of Ginger Peach tea with tumeric.
  • LenGray
    Options
    @DiscusTank5 You too! Also, we had the same kind of hot tea lol I got some ginger peach with turmeric the other day and loved it! <3

Yesterday was a bit stressful because I had someone try to scam an art commission from me and wasted several hours dealing with it, but I was able to curb my emotional eating pretty well. I had an oat milk carrot cake latte for breakfast, a Daiya supreme pizza for lunch with some Netflix and Chill'd ice cream, and a bowl of barley soup with strawberries and grapes for dinner.

Today's menu is:

Breakfast: Ramen with tofu dumplings
    Snack 1: Oat milk latte
    Lunch: Sushi rice with vegan BBQ pulled pork, pickled onions, mushrooms, and hummus
    Dinner: Lentil barley soup
    Snack 2: Apple slices

I'm also hoping to go for a nice long walk after getting through with work today :)
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    @LenGrey, love that ginger peach tea! ;) Sorry to hear about your work stress. Ugh.
    Today's meals were: Breakfast: cream of wheat; black tea with milk; a small handful of chocolate covered raisins and 4 chocolate covered almonds; 4 strawberries Lunch: a Birds Eye Buddha Bowl Supper: salmon with a mustard-hot honey glaze and carrot, zucchini, and yellow squash slices; half serving of the mac and cheese I made for my kids. Finishing the day with a cinnamon vanilla spice mug of tea.
  • LenGray
    Options
    I went a bit overboard yesterday, since I was meeting some friends for a writing workshop. Much fun (and calories) were had by all! For today though, I'm going to try and focus on some healthier choices and being active. Today's plan is:

Breakfast: Coffee with soy milk and 2 slices of peanut butter banana toast
    Snack 1: Strawberries
    Lunch: Spinach walnut salad with balsamic vinaigrette
    Dinner: Vegan chicken tenders with mashed potatoes, green beans, and gravy
    Snack 2: Celery and hummus

I'm planning on taking the dogs for a long walk and maybe doing some yoga, too ^_^
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    Breakfast casserole with veggies, black tea with milk and half & half in the AM; mid-day, angel hair pasta and veg (leftovers); evening: grilled portabella mushroom "burger" and cheese on a bun, baked beans on the side.