I drink diet A&W...
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    george5911 wrote: »
    Red flags (all from a first date Tuesday night):

1. Says 'all fat people are lazy'. Dismisses my 5 inch thyroid scar.
    2. Says 'I'll grab your snatch right here' (*gasp*)
    3. Brags about all his stuff and how much money he spends on it.
    4. Has 3 more cocktails after the first 3 which makes him sloppy and handsy.
    5. Insists I'm the best that's ever happened to him, even though he only talked about himself (I take this one back...it's probably true.)

Yep, I really know how to pick 'em. *sigh*

And you stuck it out? 2 shoulda been a heavy purse to the fohead.

2 was awful! It ended up being comical. I didn't think it could get any worse and then it did, over and over. I forgot he insulted my car too. Laughed because it was a 2005. I laughed because I don't have a car payment.

Gotta kiss some frogs...

Does not sound like a frog there, more like a toad.
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I notice that a couple of people mention the issue of money - so I have a question: If you are dating someone, do you think the woman should pay sometimes? Men - are you offended if she volunteers to pay her half? Women - what do you think about this?
    I'm very independent, and before I retired, I had a very good salary. So I have always believed that it was only fair for me to pick up a tab or two and was always surprised when some women said this would offend them.

I would not offended if it is later in the relationship. On the first date, I take it is a sign that you would not want the relationship to continue. It also depends on the type of date date.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Mean_Spice wrote: »
    george5911 wrote: »
    Red flags (all from a first date Tuesday night):

1. Says 'all fat people are lazy'. Dismisses my 5 inch thyroid scar.
    2. Says 'I'll grab your snatch right here' (*gasp*)
    3. Brags about all his stuff and how much money he spends on it.
    4. Has 3 more cocktails after the first 3 which makes him sloppy and handsy.
    5. Insists I'm the best that's ever happened to him, even though he only talked about himself (I take this one back...it's probably true.)

Yep, I really know how to pick 'em. *sigh*

And you stuck it out? 2 shoulda been a heavy purse to the fohead.

2 was awful! It ended up being comical. I didn't think it could get any worse and then it did, over and over. I forgot he insulted my car too. Laughed because it was a 2005. I laughed because I don't have a car payment.

Gotta kiss some frogs...

Does not sound like a frog there, more like a toad.

Bahahaha 🐸
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I notice that a couple of people mention the issue of money - so I have a question: If you are dating someone, do you think the woman should pay sometimes? Men - are you offended if she volunteers to pay her half? Women - what do you think about this?
    I'm very independent, and before I retired, I had a very good salary. So I have always believed that it was only fair for me to pick up a tab or two and was always surprised when some women said this would offend them.

I think a gentleman should always pay on the first date, especially if he invites you. I personally will always be prepared to pay but it's a turn off to me when the man doesn't take the bill immediately as if he's waiting for me to pull out my wallet. I don't have an issue with paying, but it's a mental note for next time....IF there even is a next time.

ETA: I try to be considerate and not take his generosity for granted so I wouldn't order something super expensive even if he says..."order anything you like"
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options

I think a gentleman should always pay on the first date, especially if he invites you. I personally will always be prepared to pay but it's a turn off to me when the man doesn't take the bill immediately as if he's waiting for me to pull out my wallet. I don't have an issue with paying, but it's a mental note for next time....IF there even is a next time.

ETA: I try to be considerate and not take his generosity for granted so I wouldn't order something super expensive even if he says..."order anything you like"

I agree, gentlemen should pay. It changes when you realize your date is not a gentleman!
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Now back to the Red Flags..

If he brags too much about himself or even hints on how good he is in bed and how well endowed he is.....I'm out.

What if he does the opposite and talks about what a loser he is and what a novice he is with very little to work with. You know... managing expectations.

I would prefer this over the former any day. Good strategy, letting me be the judge of how little he has. :p
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    If you think cray cray or bae are real words....bad

^^^^THIS. (I hate those.....)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Just do it my way so I don't have to waste my time doing it over again... 🙄😂
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    If you tell me you've always "dated" ladies 10+ years younger than yourself but you're done with all that foolishness now and you're willing to open your heart and your loins to women your own age, I'm red flagging you. But just a little.

I'm also liquidating my pre-tax savings account dedicated to turkey neck trimmage, jowl lift and spider vein bleaching.

And you can cancel that scroetal lift you had scheduled and your Hair Club For Men membership.

Because what we'll have together just won't require all that. Wink wink.

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

I use these words.....
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

I use these words.....

And you should really continue to.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    When he sends you a selfie and bath and body works hand soap is in the picture along with some pink hand towels but he claims he single.

But i hired an interior decorator to make my house look like someone actually lives there....maybe no pink towels, but definitely nothing i would have picked out on my own.

But the interior decorator you "hired" is your live in girlfriend.

Ef0R5Xa.gif
  • nooshi713
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

I use these words.....

And you should really continue to.

Yes I will. I am me. :)
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    When he sends you a selfie and bath and body works hand soap is in the picture along with some pink hand towels but he claims he single.

But i hired an interior decorator to make my house look like someone actually lives there....maybe no pink towels, but definitely nothing i would have picked out on my own.

But the interior decorator you "hired" is your live in girlfriend.

Ef0R5Xa.gif

Yes i believe if a woman lived with me should would beed to be paid ;)
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

And kool. That makes me want to throat punch someone
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options

I use these words.....

Lots of people use those words
  • nooshi713
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    tinak33 wrote: »

And kool. That makes me want to throat punch someone

bae, why you gettin all cray cray like that?!

I dare you to make a video saying that.