WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- What do I do for fun? (while I laugh hysterically) Like you, my fun "button" seems to be malfunctioning. I did have a nice day on the boat with my brother in law and his wife in September. I also love to spend time with Joaquin. If I had time and $$ my ideal choice for fun is to travel. Just get in a car or better yet, on a plane, and go far, far away and smell new smells, see new places, get new ideas. Most days I feel God really messed up and forgot to give me wings.

Maybe that's partly why my fun "button" seems to be malfunctioning ... I haven't really been able to travel since my husband's accident and probably won't be able to travel for a while.

I love travelling! I've "retired" twice to spend months travelling. We went to the mainland for about 10 days in February, about a month before his accident, and then a quick trip up to the north part of the island in early March, and that was that.

There was supposed to be 4 more trips to the north part of the island and about 3 weeks in Canada, but those never happened.

We did get up north last weekend for the first time since the accident, and it helped, but it wasn't quite as relaxing or fun as I think I wanted. I had to drive which stresses me out. I had to monitor my husband to see how he was doing. And we hosted cycling events which is all right, but it's a planned thing and I like my holidays to be largely unplanned.

I'm longing to spend several months on the road again ... Asia, Canada, Europe ... but at this point, we don't know if my husband will ever be able to travel like that again.

So I'm trying to figure out how to create a "holiday at home" feeling.

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Good morning from Brighton and Hove. :D

My son gave me a portable aerial last night, so we will see if that works until we can get a man out. Might work upstairs.

Must sort out the phone thing. My guess is that when the seller installed cable the wire was disabled or cut. DH only has a dumb phone, PAYG. First thing is to test the in box.

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,
    Yup I'm awake ,woke up at 4 am....it's going to be a long day working ,9-5 and then working 7;30-1 tomorrow.. supposed to be rainy and stormy today into tomorrow.. supposed to go to memorial party tomorrow,but it will be yucky and wet and packed..and there is only so much indoor room...so I might skip it. we
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    And, after the last year, Machka, traveling is definitely NOT my thing that I do for fun. As someone else said, I'm not even sure what fun would be for me anymore, but Rori's definition sounds pretty good. Just not being over-scheduled, over-slated, over-booked, over-pressured sounds amazing. I am looking forward to next summer, as is my husband, and getting a canoe out on the Arkansas river in the early morning. I let him do the paddling (because I stink on ice at paddling quietly and serenely), and just enjoy the ride.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in Arkansas

That does sound nice. But especially the part about "Just not being over-scheduled, over-slated, over-booked, over-pressured sounds amazing." :):heart:

I don't know when that's going to happen for me. Every time I think I'm catching up 16 more things get added to my list. I'm on the "do 2 things, add 16 to my list" plan!! :lol:

All the best with your knee!

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • mjschmitzmojo
    mjschmitzmojo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Machka - your home and flowers from your garden are beautiful. Learn to enjoy and relax I am so jealous of your surroundings. :)
  • mjschmitzmojo
    mjschmitzmojo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    can someone give me guidance as how to post directly on someones post?
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I find fun in all the routine things I do in my life. I love having a schedule and since I've retired from full time work, I have time to schedule all the things I want to do. What's fun for me, may not be fun for other people and vice versa. My fun things include walking the dogs and listening to audio books, riding the exercise bike while watching TV and knitting, and line dancing. I no longer like to travel except short local drives with my husband, and I really don't like social events. Yes, I'm an introvert.

I am also an introvert.

This evening, I took,sorted through, processed, and uploaded some photos while watching TV. That's a bit of fun for me on a Friday evening. :) Much rather do that than be social.

I love cycling outside, but I'm not getting as much of that in as I used to. I'm doing a lot more running, but it isn't quite "fun".

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA know it took a great deal of pluck to call your GS concerns to your son and DIL's attention. And it takes real pluck to be GS's Learning Coach. Well done!
    Heather such deep bath time conversation topics! How old is Max?
    Dana sounds like your DD's ex is acting like a looter... :rage:
    Kathy from Portland you are so right about honestly logging everything. It's key.
    Barbie your kitchen remodel sounds just right! Any idea how long it will take?
    KJ peed on your couch??? While I'd love to come play at your house, it would be best on a day when you have no other kids. :grin: What's going on that Justin needs to be with you to so late at night? What is his normal bedtime? "salad in a glass" :laugh:
    Janetr precious babes!
    Kay I hate it when the lawmakers word the propositions so that No means Yes and vice versa. As for candidates, I've had to hold my nose before...
    Lisa hope no work travel is scheduled between now and your knee surgery. Enough is enough!
    Machka Is the Peace Rose's scent as lovely as the bloom? Love the kitty Tshirt, esepcially their eyes. Your garden is very appealing but the weekend away sounds like just what's needed.
    Rori safe travels. Any room for KJ and me in your suitcase?
    Jo in IL con VERY grats on the size 12! Keep on, keepin' on!

Another thing that makes me feel good, is twice weekly T'ai Chi at our activity center. Great group of people, good movement. Time to dash!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 1/1, rx/vits 1/1, meditate 1/1, walk one more step 1/1, knee exercises 1/1, walk Tumble 1/1, core 1/8, SWSY UP 0/8, SWSY LOW 0/8, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 1/1.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Cari - Welcome! I had my first colonoscopy last month. It truly isn’t a big deal. You get a great nap! One thing I wish they had told me about the prep, you will be freezing, at least I was. The RN told me it was because you are flushing everything out of your system so quickly your body can’t regulate temperature as well.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi. I look forward to getting to know you.

158755561.png