WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love all the photographs you all have shared!

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Sue in WA))) I hope the news from your DH’s biopsy is good. :heart:

Machka: Your lives have been changed due to your husband’s health. Don’t give up on adventures. They can still fit into your lives, although things will be a little different. Perhaps you and your DH can find new ways to have fun together, such as camping, hiking, or walking on the beautiful beach near your home. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Heather: Moving is exciting and also full of things that need doing. I hope you find the right people to help you get things sorted out to your liking. (((HUGS))).

Lisa: I agree with your advice to Michelle. Early mornings at Walmart are an ideal shopping time. :star: I love your DS’s decision to go to Oregon State on his GI Bill benefits. He’s got a great plan for life after the military. :bigsmile:

Wessecg: Welcome back again! Stick with us for encouragement and support. :star:

More home improvement work today. They’ll be putting interior trim in the bedroom and bathroom where the windows were replaced. YAY!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Heather - I am just thrilled for you that everything is coming together. Cannot wait for some "street shots" of the shops you pass by and scenes of your new neighborhood. How neat the grands are now much closer - is your older DS closer now as well?

Katiebug - WA State has several initiatives on the ballot as well = the more I read them, the more confusing they get coupled with the TV ads and print ads which we bend over to avoid but some come through. Luckily I have a friend who works for a state senator and she lives and breaths this stuff - she sends me her recommendations with reasons why. I don't always agree with her and often vote differently, but at least she filters thru the gunk. New ladies, by the way, we try real hard to steer clear of politics and political controversy as Kay mentioned. We get enough of that stuff on the rest of the internet. General comments are welcome of course.

Love the photos of all the kids in their Hallowe'en costumes. <3

Welcome new ladies - I see several of you are posting a lot right off the bat and that is GREAT!! Jump right on in!

An idea for any of you who are stalled - Fasting. Really. There's a great BBC documentary on YouTube by Michael Mosley = Eat, Fast & Live Longer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihhj_VSKiTs&amp;t=3081s Plus Mosley has a website for the 5:2 FastDiet https://thefastdiet.co.uk/ and his book is very good as well.

Another source is Dr. Mercola: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/01/02/fasting-mimicking-calorie-restriction.aspx

There are many ideas and they all seem to work. Some of us in this group restrict our eating to perhaps an 8 hour window. Some get success by restricting calories a day or two per week and eating normally the rest of the week. That BBC documentary was a great introduction.

Have a good day!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • mjschmitzmojo
    mjschmitzmojo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lady over 50 with the beautiful horse, not sure of your name. Your horse is absolutely gorgeous and we are here to help you out with your new journey of removing that 2 from the front of the numbers.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    :)
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    can someone give me guidance as how to post directly on someones post?

I think this is what you’re asking for. Click on “quote” at the very bottom of their post. A new reply box should pop up with their post in a box. Be sure you type your reply outside the brackets that say quote or it will be difficult to distinguish your answer from the quote.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Home in jammies and watching American Pickers....
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Did an extremecardio DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Kathy Smith Great Buns and Thighs DVD.

Went for my annual physical. Remember last week I went for the blood work? Well, the MD had the results. He commented that they check for like 50 different things and EVERY ONE of my things that they checked for were within the normal range – liver function, kidney function, Chol., etc. etc. To me, that was pretty good. He said that very few people have perfect blood work. Since I felt OK with the sinus infection, he still gave me the flu shot. Told him that we got the first Shringrix vaccine in Aug., but we haven’t had the second one. You know something? Months and months ago I told Vince that we should get it. He kept putting it off and putting it off. Now there’s a shortage and he’s hoping he can get the second shot before he has to go on Medicare. See, Aetna will pay 100%, Medicare won’t. Well, that’s his fault for waiting. I’m still good on Aetna for another year so it’s really not a problem for me. I don’t care if I have to wait 6 months.

Kelly – did the kids make the muffins? They look so good. They are all so cute. How creative are you making those “spider webs”

Lisa – For one thing, Vince is getting to be more and more of a worry-wort the older he gets. What he doesn’t like is that I went to WM in the dark. He would have preferred to have gone with me with his gun. Me? There are so few people there, I just checked my surroundings. There was one guy sitting on the ground next to where I parked on his cell phone. I don’t know if he would have done anything, but I made sure he knew that I locked my car. Not like he couldn’t have assaulted me if he wanted to. But I always prefer to think the good things of people. Great for your son, I hope he gets accepted.

Right now Vince is putting the inflatables away. It’s raining so we won’t get the lights in, but at least the inflatables are in and dry.

M – you so deserve a get away. DO IT

Loved all the pics. All of them

Jo – yea for the 12

Spoke to Denise yesterday. I asked her if Maria had gotten my invitation. Denise said that she did but she didn’t think Maria would take me up on it since people have their own traditions. Well, Christmas Eve is my tradition but I’m willing to forgo it. Denise still doesn’t know what the story is with Thanksgiving. I’m thinking that Maria doesn’t really want us. But let her come up with the excuse for Denise. I bet she’ll use her hubby as an excuse. He had diverticulitis and has a temp. colostomy. He had his gall bladder removed the other day. She was thinking that they’d probably reverse the colostomy in a few weeks.

Cari – wonderful loss

Mary from Ontario – welcome

I knew that when I had my children, MIL gave me a sweater she knitted when she was pg with Vince. Vince and each of my kids came home from the hosp. in it. I want to give it to Denise, but for a while I couldn’t find it. But I did today. I could have sworn there was a hat with it, but guess I was wrong. It would have been in the same box as the sweater and I couldn’t find it, so maybe it wasn’t there at all. Denise keeps asking for this angel prayer x-stitch that I did when I was a little girl. I’m thinking I’ll give that to her at her baby shower. I bet any amount of money that it’ll be at a restaurant. I’d love to have it in my house, but I know that no one would come. Oh well….. Katla – I think of you so often being away from your grands. I’ll be in the same boat.

Went to Hallmark today to get some more ornaments Vince ordered, then to Target who had cat litter, if you buy 2 you got $5 off. Then to PetSmart to get cans of food for our cats and more dry food for them. I was trying to tell Vince that he could really cut down on the cost for the dry food if he wouldn’t give it to the cats at night. We also had to get Shadow more dry food. Thank goodness she doesn’t get a lot in each meal. $44 for a bag, and it’s not a real big bag. But it is prescription food. The cost for all this was over $100. I really think Vince should consider not giving the cats “treats” at night. It’s not like they need them. They were getting them when Loki was getting his phenobarbital at night, but now he only gets one pill every other day. So our cost for pill pockets has really gone down. Now if Vince would just stop giving the cats treats at night. It all started when Loki needed his pill, but he hasn’t gotten one at night for a long time.

Steve is going to come here Mon until Wed. So put the sheets, blanket, pillows, etc on the bed in the back bedroom. I’m going to have to vacuum at least tomorrow or Sun. Don’t know what we’re going to have for dinner when he’s here. I need to make something for dessert, even tho I just made the “marshmallows”. Steve isn’t crazy about chocolate. Update: I found a recipe for a lemon cake that I think I'll try.

Sue in WA – that’s just great that your husband’s co-pay will be paid in full! Praying for a good outcome on the biopsy

Beth – congrats on the new car!!!

Had to return one item to Hallmark, it wasn’t working right.

Oh, how do you get a video to post?

Michele in NC