Calorie Counter

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• firef1y72firef1y72 Member Posts: 1,578 Member Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Friday.

30min personal training, hills and upper body, yay, just what I needed after leg day yesterday.

Legs, bums and tums- ok my legs are no starting feel put upon and picked on. Someone is enjoying that look of pain on my face far too much.

Pull up work. - continuing in my quest of pull ups. Started with some lightish weight lat pull down variations to wake the muscles up and then moved on to the assisted pull up machine, for pull ups, chin ups and dips. Then tested where I actually am right now with chin ups, failed at level 14/17.

20min incline walk on treadmill, increasing incline by 1 level every minute and speed by 0.1km/hr every 0.25km.

I will almost definitely be doing a piyo workout at some point before bed.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,896 Member Member Posts: 1,896 Member
    Thur 11/7/19 workout: Full body weight training, 35 min spin bike. (yeah, I'm late) :)

• drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 387 Member Member, Premium Posts: 387 Member
    I went bouldering yesterday for 100 minutes.

I've been quite frequently this week, so I took it relatively easy. I still built up to attempting a new v4/v5 - after many gos at it, I gave up. I got to the penultimate hold, but couldn't contort my body to the right position at the top. I am reasonably confident I'll get it next time I'm at this gym.
  • CentaurusSoterCentaurusSoter Member, Premium Posts: 429 Member Member, Premium Posts: 429 Member
    Day 0008:

Stretching
    10:00

Elliptical
    07:00 - 0.77 Miles

Perfect Squat Machine
    3 x 15 - 2(45lbs) + 2(10lbs)

Leg Press
    3 x 15 Reps - 4(45lbs) + 2(10lbs) + M(167lbs)

Glute Press
    3 x 15 Reps - Each Side - 130lbs

Standing Calf Lifts
    3 x 15 Reps - 2(45lbs)

Leg Curl
    3 x 15 Reps - 110lbs

Hanging Leg Raise
    3 x 15 Reps

Vertical Leg Raise
    1 x 10 Reps

Abdominal Machine
    3 x15 Reps - 60lbs

Leg Extensions
    3 x 15 Reps - 130lbs

Smith Machine Deadlifts
    3 x 15 Reps - 2(45lbs) + 2(10lbs)

Stair Machine
    03:30

Going to enjoy a weekend off.
    Good luck to eveyone else on their goals today!
  • jhanleybrownjhanleybrown Member Posts: 229 Member Member Posts: 229 Member
    55 minutes on spin bike. Kind of easy but aerobic effort watching first episode of season 2 of the Jack Ryan series. Kind of a recovery ride.
  • flotek72flotek72 Member Posts: 498 Member Member Posts: 498 Member
    Leg day
    Deadlifts - 4-8 reps, 3 sets
    Barbell squats - 4-8 reps, 3 sets
    Leg extension machine - 4-8 reps, 3 sets
    Hamstring curl machine - 4-8 reps, 3 sets
    Calf raises on Hack squat machine - 4-8 reps, 3 sets
    Abs
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 34,841 Member Member Posts: 34,841 Member
    Shoulder rehab
    30 minutes leg and cardio video
  • flotek72flotek72 Member Posts: 498 Member Member Posts: 498 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Shoulder rehab

Any crazy looks from neighbors today?
  • LolinloggenLolinloggen Member Posts: 415 Member Member Posts: 415 Member
    Weights workout in the morning Walk to and from work (plus a nice walk around the factory area, which is big) and a 5k run 24K steps in total
  • Finafoshizzle93Finafoshizzle93 Member Posts: 151 Member Member Posts: 151 Member
    55 min elliptical

40 min weight circuits including:
    Kettlebell swings
    Weighted step ups
    Stability ball hip bridges
    Incline chest press
    Shoulder raises
    Mountain climbers
    Weighted wall sits
    Ball crunches

Stretch & foam roll
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member Posts: 14,975 Member Member Posts: 14,975 Member
    3 x 10' on rowing machine, first 10' before breakfast with 2' as CD, rest as 2 x 10' on 2' off in early evening, with last 2' as CD.

On the evening pieces, I let the rating come up a little, to 23-24spm, so averaged 2:24.0. Last 8 minutes of the 2nd piece was at or above my age-estimated max heart rate (heh: so much for age estimates).

Totaled over both AM & PM, 2:36 in Z5, 19:02 in Z4, rest of the roughly 35 total minutes (includes CD & rowing in/out of "rest" interval) was Z3 (mostly) and below (tiny bit). So, call it moderate to high-moderate intensity, I guess.

Checked the DF because of discussion about it here: It's 103. It's really hard to compare the feel with "boatiness" because the nature of the load is different somehow, but I'd say that this feels heavier than my single, to me, more like some bigger boat. (Keep in mind that part of my single is me, and I'm not all that huge anymore ;) .)

I was thinking of doing some core work today, too, but it's Friday and I think I'll drink a beer and go to bed, instead. ;)
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 34,841 Member Member Posts: 34,841 Member
    flotek72 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Shoulder rehab

Any crazy looks from neighbors today?

I was wearing normal clothes haha no legwarmers today
  • ShortgirlrunningShortgirlrunning Member Posts: 645 Member Member Posts: 645 Member
    3 mile run and a 30 minute cardio workout. It was a terrible idea to double up on cardio, that 30 min workout was miserable and I probably gave about 50% of what I normally do.
    edited November 2019
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Member Posts: 251 Member Member Posts: 251 Member
    30 min stretching/foam roller
    met with a trainer today for assessment, am in better shape than I thought - a nice surprise
    burpees...
    105 min strength training, RDL 5x5 90lbs max, upper body workouts, KB get-ups...
  • hobbitses333hobbitses333 Member Posts: 476 Member Member Posts: 476 Member
    Yesterday knocked 1 min 14 seconds off my 5000 m row. Felt so good I did another 1000m at relaxed pace just cpncentrating on technique. Did a familiar swiss ball core routine and 10 mins step ups 1 min and 2 mins alternating.
    Feeling it today! Rest day.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,896 Member Member Posts: 1,896 Member
    11/8/2019 workout: 45 min spin bike. (pretty intense, my legs were rubber at the end!)
  • Anna28518Anna28518 Member Posts: 493 Member Member Posts: 493 Member
    Warm-up 15 minutes, Pause barbell hip thrust 3*5 (3 sec pause), Seated dumbbell overhead press 3*12, Between bench dumbbell squat 3*20, Inverted row 3*10, Good mornings 3*12, Monster walk 3*20, Three minutes of booty blaster. The between bench squat made people look and it's actually a rather tough exercise. I combined it with the Monster walk and legs were toast afterwards.
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Member Posts: 1,578 Member Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Saturday fun and games

Approx 7 chilly miles cycle to/from bootcamp. Somehow managed to bag myself an 8th place trophy (up from 10), not bad considering my bike is definitely not designed for speed.

Bootcamp, urgh. Think she may have germinated the seeds of the plan for this class during my PT session yesterday when she had me running up and down a hill. Hill repeats plus muscular endurance.

30min rower, high effort, hr up around 150-160

1hr piyo live workout
  • hobbitses333hobbitses333 Member Posts: 476 Member Member Posts: 476 Member
    This morning I hit a one hour yoga class at the gym. Going to do some crazy housecleaning, wall washing, laundry taking the stairs 4 stories from the laundry room in the basement to our apartment and some furniture rearranging is going to happen today too.
  • jhanleybrownjhanleybrown Member Posts: 229 Member Member Posts: 229 Member
    75bmin endurance spin ride. On NEW spin bike!

Appears to be 10-30 watts more generous on power output with higher power getting more generous. Think that means I need to do an FTP test (basically a fitness test on a bike that's really hard). Not looking forward to that.

New spin bike is smooth though. Also made to be able to stand up. Yay.