Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• riffraff2112riffraff2112 Posts: 1,569Member Member Posts: 1,569Member Member
    Back day
    Chin-ups/pull-ups
    rows
    forward raises with dumbbell
    rear delt flys
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,497Member Member Posts: 3,497Member Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Spin class, mostly Z3; plus OHP, bench, dead hangs, hip thrusts. Still light, high-ish reps.

Officially starting my traditional "denial that routine rowing season is over due to weather" phase, meaning reduced volume and general grumpiness. We'll still row if we get decent weather, but have shifted to "go if we can" from "go unless we can't". :(

You or Aoyoke are always welcome to join in with the Sub7 folks for the Winter with me. I know you're not much of an Erg fan, though, but they are a welcoming bunch that just likes Erging (and many are also OTW rowers). Many of the Winter Ergers will be joining in soon. Rather large contingent of UK and US Pacific NW females. It's an open group, all you have to do is like Rowing (and tolerate Erging, I suppose).

@ Aoyoke -- we're gaining a lot of NW and West Coast male rowers too, some OTW and some strictly indoor. I've been asked to join a friend and one other rower (one of the top lightweight indoor rowers in the US) for some marathon training early next year. I'm still debating doing that. The lightweight just did a sub 2:00 pace hour row @ 20 SPM. He does ridiculous meters, like a college crew member, but he's in his 40s.

We have tons of OTW folks that train on the Erg for the Winter, call us all nuts (how we're mostly masochists that like the erg) and then go back to the water in the Spring.

Yeah I'm in week 1 of "oh, I need to really actually start erging for real again". My current holding pattern is 3 SS workouts a week. I would do more but logistically I'm not sure that it's feasible due to time commitments. At some point I'll be getting information about erg workouts for my club. I know that Wednesday evenings will involve erging with the men's team, but I'm not sure what the women's team is doing and if their erg workouts will remain open to everyone or if they will be exclusive to their team (the "men's team's" Wednesday night workouts are open to people of any gender).

I don't really mind steady state on the erg. It's erg tests that I can't stand. That's despite the fact that right now all they are are data points for me, as opposed to information that will have any bearing on what boats or training groups I'll be in.

edit: not even 40 min after I post this I get word that morning erging starts Friday.
    edited November 2019
  • hobbeskastielhobbeskastiel Posts: 220Member Member Posts: 220Member Member
    Quick day today. 30 minutes on the stationary bike at resistance 9 and then 5 minutes on the rowing machine because I'm still bad at it, lol. Then some stretching.
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Posts: 250Member Member Posts: 250Member Member
    15 min stretching/muscle activation
    10 min rowing
    60 min strength training - front/back barbell squats, PT legs, BFR band leg press to failure
    60 min restorative stretching/yoga

and then a dip in the hot tub!
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,577Member Member Posts: 1,577Member Member
    Tuesday

Omg a tough day exercise wise. Having some rl issues and tough exercise helps.

30min Session with personal trainer, a trx/abs circuit with absolutely no rest. She also showed me how to set up my trx and how to set up a resistance band for assisted pull ups. Because that's the new challenge, to finally master both pull and chin ups.

Bench - continuing with lighter weights, higher reps and paused reps.
    Plus accessories.

45min Zumba class

As I'm trying to master pull and chin ups, I spent a long time on the assisted pull up maching. Doing wide grip, narrow grip and reverse grip. Plus the same on the lat pull down (light weight, slow reps, concentrating on pulling shoulders back/together. Finished with 2000m ski erg followed by a deep stretch.

45min Insanity Class

45min Boxercise class

2000 active Calories!!!!
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Posts: 1,678Member Member Posts: 1,678Member Member
    yesterday's workout: 40 min spin bike, 100 pushups

today so far...Coffee cup to mouth :)
  • Finafoshizzle93Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 142Member Member Posts: 142Member Member
    55 min swim (3000 yards/120 lengths)
  • jhanleybrownjhanleybrown Posts: 224Member Member Posts: 224Member Member
    Yesterday was rest day but got 3 miles walking in between lunch walk and dog.

Today 45 min spin bike intervals at zone 3/4/5. 4 weeks into powerzone training and watt output creeping up. Just have to keep working on the denominator of power/weight and will be good.
  • J72FITJ72FIT Posts: 5,416Member Member Posts: 5,416Member Member
    11/6
    5:30-8 am:
    Conditioning
    Jump Rope - 60s on 15s off x 15 (20m)
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites

6-7 pm:
    Strength
    Horizontal Push Pull Complex w/Jumprope
    Pushup - 28-22-17-11-6 (84)
    Reverse Row - 16-13-10-6-3 (48)
    *Jumprope intervals interspaced between rounds…

11/5
    6-8 am:
    Yoga
    Sun Salutation A - 5 Rounds
    Conditioning
    Jump Rope - 60s on 15s off x 10 (15m)

11/4
    6-8 am:
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites
    Conditioning

6-7 pm:
    Conditioning
    Strength
    Pull-up - E2MOM (21m)
    5 rep every 1m20s (75)

• LolinloggenLolinloggen Posts: 384Member Member Posts: 384Member Member
    Morning workout (35 min pilates), Walk and 5k run
  • alice_climbs_rocksalice_climbs_rocks Posts: 42Member Member Posts: 42Member Member
    A short run and a lot of squeezing my skrunch ball for hand strength @rock climbing! :smiley:
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Posts: 2,951Member Member Posts: 2,951Member Member
    1 hour water aerobics
    20 minute slow swim
    30 minutes with trainer
    20 minutes bike
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Posts: 1,188Member Member Posts: 1,188Member Member
    Rowed 8K today. Steady State mostly, but I'm playing around with the DF a bit. Upped to 107 today just to see how it felt. Felt OK, not too bad. Averaged 2:17 @ 20 SPM for the first 5K then did some unstrapped work @ 2:23 (around 2K) and then an easy 1K more @ 2:18 or so.
  • babajaroxbabajarox Posts: 5Member Member Posts: 5Member Member
    55 min swim (3000 yards/120 lengths)

simmilar here, except it took me 10 min longer
  • Craw0176Craw0176 Posts: 17Member Member Posts: 17Member Member
    Chest, shoulders and abs
  • picklenees7538picklenees7538 Posts: 22Member Member Posts: 22Member Member
    Back day! With a bicep sideline :)
    Assisted pull ups
    Assisted chin ups
    Diverging lateral rows
    Standing bicep curls
    Straight arm pull downs
    Overhand grip rows
    Underhand grip rows
    And 10 minutes on the hand bike
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,577Member Member Posts: 1,577Member Member
    Wednesday

No PT today but I had instructions to go out and run. So I did.

Total I'd 3.8 miles run. First run was 2 miles tempo, supposed to have been 3.1 but I got an important phone call. Idea was I ran as fast as I could for as long as I could and then dialed it back for a minute to recover and then rinse and repeat.
    Second run was 1.8 miles to piyo. As I'm training for a 24 relay event next year, I'm planning on regularly doing split runs.

45min cardio, getting a baseline for a challenge to see how many calories I can burn in 45 min. Did 100Cal rower, 100Cal stairmaster, 100Cal elliptical, finished on ski erg for a total of 360Cal

50min Piyo class

45 Min zumba
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,497Member Member Posts: 3,497Member Member
    Weight lifting class: squats, OHP, power cleans. Erg: 3x 10'/3' rest.

My power cleans are getting better which is nice. Squats are still meh, my body really is not all about doing that motion "correctly". I went to my ortho today to ask about the weirdness I'm feeling in my right knee and she thinks it's my IT band. That said, she referred me to one of the hospital's sports medicine doctors and he's going to do some ultrasound to try to see what exactly is going on when I'm squatting. Part of the problem is that I can't easily describe what's actually happening as it's both a snapping (likely my IT band) and a bulging. Ortho is very hesitant to say that squatting is just not really going to ever be a thing for me, in part because I'm too young and healthy at this point in time.

I also got a referral for physical therapy (PT), though all of my prefered people are scheduled out to December, so that will start the second week of December.
  • jim_pipkinjim_pipkin Posts: 80Member, Premium Member Posts: 80Member, Premium Member
    Heavy day - one hour core workout this morning, including 3 sets 30 reverse crunches, 2000 hip abductors (1000 per leg) 900 bridges, 2 sets of 60 pushups, 3 sets of 10 leg raises combined with "dead bugs", a few minutes of Tai Chi to cool off, then 20min resistance training about an hour later at gym, followed by 20min swim.
  • notapilgrimnotapilgrim Posts: 116Member Member Posts: 116Member Member
    Rest day today, sooo 90 minute leisurely bike ride.