Calorie Counter

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,975 Member Member Posts: 1,975 Member
    Sunday 11/25: 40 min spin bike.
  • nohahorizon84nohahorizon84 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    Today is the first day in my new strength training Schedule, I hope it works out for me :)

So I did 20 min on the Elliptical for warm up
    then chest & Back workout with 2 Kg of weight including:

Lawn mower rows 4*12
    Push ups (Knee) 4*10
    Butter Fly Press 4*12
    Bent Over Rows 4*12
    Standing Chest Press 4*12
    Then 35 minutes cardio on the Elliptical
    Stretching for 20 minutes

Working to establish this mind muscle connection
  • CentaurusSoterCentaurusSoter Member Posts: 429 Member Member Posts: 429 Member
    Day: 0025

Feeling really pleased with my first month at the gym. This is Week 0004, but I'll be out of state and won't be back at the gym after tomorrow, until December. Seeing gains in my workouts, my numbers, my results, and myself.

Stretching: 13:48 *Increase Stretches and Maintain*
    Felt good. Did some deep calf stretching before I left for the gym, and did more at it. Stretching throughout workout to stay limber.

Cardio: *Maintain 02 Weeks*
    Treadmill - 15:37 - 1 Mile - At a jog the entire time.
    Really pleased with this. After cramps in calves last week, and calling off my last Leg Day to be safe, it was really nice to have tons of energy in my run and just lock into a good jog pace, work on breathing, and keep on keepin' on. Could have gone much faster or longer, but I was only really trying to do half a mile before my workout. Could have done a full 5k today. Would have after my workout as well, but I have things that need doing more than me being exhausted in the morning.

Bench Press: *Maintain Weight and Reps for 01 Weeks* - Bar + 02(45lbs)
    01 x 15 Reps - 135lbs
    01 x 10 + 05 Reps - 135lbs
    01 x 06 + 03 + 03 + 02 + 01 Reps - 135lbs
    These are full press sets, stop, pause, reset, and do another set of reps. That's why they're broken into groups. My goal is to be able to do 03 x 15 @ Weight without pauses.
    Progress, nonetheless.

Hanging Leg Raise: *Add Full Extension Lifts and Maintain 04 Weeks*
    03 x 15 Reps - Bodyweight
    I tried (and did) the first 5 reps while doing twists, but this frame wasn't really made to do leg raises with twists.

Seated Bicep Curls: *Maintain Seated Bicep Curls and Add Bar Curls Back*
    03 x 15 - Reps - 2(20lb) free weights.
    Felt it in the second set. Slow and steady burns the arms.

Tricep Press: *Maintain Weight 01 Week and Increase After*
    03 x 15 Reps - 125lbs
    These are easy enough to do. Really being cautious in upping the weight again. Better not to rush.

Row Machine: *Maintain 04 Weeks and/or Drop Weight*
    01 x 15 Reps - 110lbs
    01 x 10 + 05 Reps - 110lbs
    01 x 05 + 05 + 05 Reps - 110lbs
    This machine/weight feels so heavy. I usually can do set 01 start to finish without issue. Maintaining weight and just giving it time will likely pay off.

Leverage Shoulder Press: *Maintain 60lbs for 02-04 Weeks*
    01 x 15 Reps - 60lbs
    01 x 15 Reps - 60lbs
    01 x 05 + 05 + 05 Reps - 60lbs
    Exhausting. Meant to do 55lbs not 60lbs. Will maintain at 60lbs though.

Cable Row: *Maintain 01 Weeks and Increase Weight 10-20lbs*
    03 x 15 Reps - 115lbs
    Can do these pretty easily. Effort feels good and no sense rushing a ton more weight. 10lbs in another week will likely be really good. I feel it in the 3rd rep set in a good way.

Abdominal Machine: *Maintain Weight 04 Weeks*
    03 x 15 Reps - 65lbs
    Increased to 65lbs. Felt okay, had that slight tingle of "if you overdo this you'll cramp, so be easy". Will maintain this for 4 weeks or until I feel I can safely do 70lbs.

Incline Bench Press: *Maintain 04 Weeks* - Bar + 02(25lbs)
    02 x 15 Reps - 95lbs
    01 x 10 + 05 Reps - 95lbs
    I added this replacing my closed grip shoulder press to get more micro-muscular control exercises into my routine, and because it felt really good as an add-on to my workout last week. Will continue to do this one at a lower weight than my main benchpress. Finding out where I need to be under the bar, at what height, and at what grip width is a learning process still.

Cable Lat Pulldown: *Maintain 02 Weeks and Increase Weight*
    03 x 15 Reps - 110lbs
    The cable version of this machine felt so much better than the machine version otherwise. Widebar pulling down to my chest felt good. Overall can increase weight safely in 02 weeks or so.

Assisted Pull-Up: *Maintain Assist 01 Weeks and Decrease Weight Assist* - Assist 220lbs
    01 x 10 Reps - 220lbs Assist
    Could barely do my 10. Focusing on form.

Assisted Dips: *Decrease Assist to 180lbs and Maintain 02-04 Weeks*
    01 x 15 Reps - 220lbs Assist
    Could have done 10-20 more reps easily. Had more, no sense to push it though.

Tricep Rope Press: *Increase Weight 05lbs and Maintain 02-04 Weeks*
    01 x 15 Reps - 44lbs
    *Add-On Exercise*
    Bar Curl
    01 x 15 Reps - 30lbs
    *Back to Main Exercise
    Tricep Rope Press
    02 x 15 Reps - 44lbs
    Felt good. After first set, needed to do something during wait, so grabbed a fixed bar and did a curl rep set.

Pleased with my progress overall for a month into being a gym rat. Will be looking forward to how well I do in December. Leg day tomorrow, and I genuinely do not look forward to that at all. Still, onwards and upwards.

Good luck to everyone else!
  • auburngirl06auburngirl06 Member Posts: 153 Member Member Posts: 153 Member
    Sunday: 10 mile long run at 10:50 pace. Today: 2 mile walk and yoga.
  • LolinloggenLolinloggen Member Posts: 435 Member Member Posts: 435 Member
    After yesterdays long run it was a loosen things up a bit day
    So it was my morning workout - Pilates based, then the walk to and from work and to close off a slow slow 4km jog in the evening
  • CentaurusSoterCentaurusSoter Member Posts: 429 Member Member Posts: 429 Member
    Was in town and stopped by the gym while waiting for lunch. Talked to trainer and got some deadlifts in, as I had a chance to work on form and function. Will be helpful tomorrow. Being told my form was great was nice to hear.

So, Day 0025 cont.

Deadlifts:
    01 x 15 Reps: B + 02(45)
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,975 Member Member Posts: 1,975 Member
    Today 11/25: Full body weight training, 35 min spin bike. (felt super strong today)
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 502 Member Member, Premium Posts: 502 Member
    2 hours bouldering.

This started off really badly. There was a v1 I started in my warm up, and I couldn't send it.

I got mildly obsessed with it. I got it on about the 15th go. You need to match hands on a finger pocket, with ropey foot holds whilst off balance. Once you've done this, the rest is easy.

I then got obsessed with a slabby V3. I fell off it around 20 times. Eventually, a good climber saw me and told me to use a heel hook. This got me over the crux, but I came close to falling a couple of times after that. However, I sent it.

I then got a couple more v3s (which were new to me - it had been reset since my last visit.)

So in the end, it turned out nice again. But if I had gone for 60 minutes, it would have been my worst session for a while.
  • aokoyeaokoye Member Posts: 3,497 Member Member Posts: 3,497 Member
    Goblet squats, bench press, and deadlift. Couldn't motivate myself to go to erging this morning which I think I'm ok with given that this week has more rowing/erging planned than usual.
  • jeffjeff85jeffjeff85 Member Posts: 118 Member Member Posts: 118 Member
    Moderately heavy (to me) squats, trap bar deadlifts, rows, pullups. Other words what some call legs/back workout.
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Member Posts: 251 Member Member Posts: 251 Member
    Rest day... 60 min of stretching... planks and general variety of movements to wake-up the body in the morning!
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 16,797 Member Member, Premium Posts: 16,797 Member
    Same old: Rowing machine, 3 x 2K on, 2' off (row out, drink break, row in), last 2' CD. Trying to reach/stay Z3, which mostly worked (round numbers, 29' of 34' Z3, only 21" Z4, rest WU at start and after drinks plus CD. 2:33.0 average pace overall, 19-20spm. Ran out of time, or I would've done 4x instead of 3x. Procrastinator! ;)
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member Posts: 3,811 Member Member Posts: 3,811 Member
    I did my strength workout, but didn't get in a swim
  • Whydahdad71Whydahdad71 Member, Premium Posts: 241 Member Member, Premium Posts: 241 Member
    40 minutes of weight lifting
    10 minutes of stretches
    15 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill
    15 minutes on the Stairmaster
    10 minutes on the Jacobs ladder
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Member Posts: 251 Member Member Posts: 251 Member
    45 min stretch/warm-up/rowing machine
    60 min with personal trainer
    60 more min strength training other weights
    15 min cool down/stretching

hot tub and cold plunge!

45 min afternoon nap!
  • hobbitses333hobbitses333 Member Posts: 476 Member Member Posts: 476 Member
    2500 m row to warm up. Some swiss ball core work. Got into full pike for three complete sets of 10. The third set had me breathing hard. Levelled up!
    Weights leg curls 3 x12 95 lbs, leg press 3x10 135, calf press 3x12 135 lbs, abduction/adduction superset 3x25 135 lbs, Lat pulldown 3x 12 110 lbs, arms 3x12 tricep push down 110 lbs, 3x10 bicep curls at 70 lb, 3x 12 overhead cable pull 70 lbs and ab machine 3 x 12 125lbs...went home ate brekkie showered and had a glorious nap.
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Member Posts: 1,578 Member Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Ok
    Monday was the funeral, so all I did was a quick yoga session before bed.

Tuesday I travelled most of the day but needed to blow off some steam. So I went to class.

45 min insanity- well and truly pushed myself and threw myself in to it. Not sure I have ever done burpees that fast.

50min boxercise - I partnered the instructor and had asked her to push me and oh boy did she.

Between the two classes I burnt just over 700 Calories. Not bad if i say so myself.
  • J72FITJ72FIT Member Posts: 5,617 Member Member Posts: 5,617 Member
    11/25
    Warmup
    Yoga (10m)
    Strength
    Horizontal Push Pull Complex
    Pushup - 34-27-20-14-7 (102)
    Reverse Row - 16-13-10-6-3 (48)
    Cossack Squat - 16 x 5 (80)

11/27
    7-8 am:
    Yoga

1-2 pm:
    Conditioning
    Stationary Bike Intervals
    Warm-up - 5m
    Intervals - 10s High 50s Low x 15 (15m)
    Cooldown - 5m
    Core Strength
    L-Sit Slide to Standing - 5 x 5 (25)

6-7 pm:
    Conditioning
    Walk (60m)

• lporter229lporter229 Member Posts: 4,901 Member Member Posts: 4,901 Member
    Yesterday I went to the gym in the morning and did legs then took the dog for a 20 minute walk before work. Plan was to do 4 miles easy in the evening, but I decided to meet up with my running group and the planned route was a really hilly 6.7 miles, so I did that. Legs were toast by the end.

This morning I had planned to do yoga and 30 minutes on my bike trainer, but I have been running myself ragged this week and when my alarm went off all I could think was that I needed more sleep. Now I am at work wondering if I can cram in 30 minutes on the bike before leaving for the 5 hour drive to my mother's house this evening. I wish I could just let it go and accept that my body needs the rest, but my brain won't let me. Does anyone else struggle with this?? I know I needed the rest this morning and in the grand scheme of things, 30 minutes on the trainer is really nothing, but I still can't let it go...
    edited November 2019
  • xGreatWhiteNorthxxGreatWhiteNorthx Member Posts: 335 Member Member Posts: 335 Member
    Today it will be shovelling my laneway. Should take an hour or so for hubby and into get it done.