Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 14,191Member Member Posts: 14,191Member Member
    Same old: Rowing machine, 3 x 2K on, 2' off (row out, drink break, row in), last 2' CD. Trying to reach/stay Z3, which mostly worked (round numbers, 29' of 34' Z3, only 21" Z4, rest WU at start and after drinks plus CD. 2:33.0 average pace overall, 19-20spm. Ran out of time, or I would've done 4x instead of 3x. Procrastinator! ;)
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Posts: 2,464Member Member Posts: 2,464Member Member
    I did my strength workout, but didn't get in a swim
  • Whydahdad71Whydahdad71 Posts: 132Member, Premium Member Posts: 132Member, Premium Member
    40 minutes of weight lifting
    10 minutes of stretches
    15 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill
    15 minutes on the Stairmaster
    10 minutes on the Jacobs ladder
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Posts: 251Member Member Posts: 251Member Member
    45 min stretch/warm-up/rowing machine
    60 min with personal trainer
    60 more min strength training other weights
    15 min cool down/stretching

hot tub and cold plunge!

45 min afternoon nap!
  • hobbitses333hobbitses333 Posts: 475Member Member Posts: 475Member Member
    2500 m row to warm up. Some swiss ball core work. Got into full pike for three complete sets of 10. The third set had me breathing hard. Levelled up!
    Weights leg curls 3 x12 95 lbs, leg press 3x10 135, calf press 3x12 135 lbs, abduction/adduction superset 3x25 135 lbs, Lat pulldown 3x 12 110 lbs, arms 3x12 tricep push down 110 lbs, 3x10 bicep curls at 70 lb, 3x 12 overhead cable pull 70 lbs and ab machine 3 x 12 125lbs...went home ate brekkie showered and had a glorious nap.
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,578Member Member Posts: 1,578Member Member
    Ok
    Monday was the funeral, so all I did was a quick yoga session before bed.

Tuesday I travelled most of the day but needed to blow off some steam. So I went to class.

45 min insanity- well and truly pushed myself and threw myself in to it. Not sure I have ever done burpees that fast.

50min boxercise - I partnered the instructor and had asked her to push me and oh boy did she.

Between the two classes I burnt just over 700 Calories. Not bad if i say so myself.
  • J72FITJ72FIT Posts: 5,440Member Member Posts: 5,440Member Member
    11/25
    Warmup
    Yoga (10m)
    Strength
    Horizontal Push Pull Complex
    Pushup - 34-27-20-14-7 (102)
    Reverse Row - 16-13-10-6-3 (48)
    Cossack Squat - 16 x 5 (80)

11/27
    7-8 am:
    Yoga

1-2 pm:
    Conditioning
    Stationary Bike Intervals
    Warm-up - 5m
    Intervals - 10s High 50s Low x 15 (15m)
    Cooldown - 5m
    Core Strength
    L-Sit Slide to Standing - 5 x 5 (25)

6-7 pm:
    Conditioning
    Walk (60m)

• lporter229lporter229 Posts: 4,903Member Member Posts: 4,903Member Member
    Yesterday I went to the gym in the morning and did legs then took the dog for a 20 minute walk before work. Plan was to do 4 miles easy in the evening, but I decided to meet up with my running group and the planned route was a really hilly 6.7 miles, so I did that. Legs were toast by the end.

This morning I had planned to do yoga and 30 minutes on my bike trainer, but I have been running myself ragged this week and when my alarm went off all I could think was that I needed more sleep. Now I am at work wondering if I can cram in 30 minutes on the bike before leaving for the 5 hour drive to my mother's house this evening. I wish I could just let it go and accept that my body needs the rest, but my brain won't let me. Does anyone else struggle with this?? I know I needed the rest this morning and in the grand scheme of things, 30 minutes on the trainer is really nothing, but I still can't let it go...
    edited November 2019
  • shonnakraft89shonnakraft89 Posts: 249Member Member Posts: 249Member Member
    Today it will be shovelling my laneway. Should take an hour or so for hubby and into get it done.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Posts: 1,747Member Member Posts: 1,747Member Member
    yesterday 11/26: 45 min spin bike, 100 pushups (40,20,20,20)
  • Finafoshizzle93Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 149Member Member Posts: 149Member Member
    65 min swim (3500 yards/140 lengths)
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Posts: 34,705Member Member Posts: 34,705Member Member
    I've graduated to using a resistance band!!!
    Lotsa biceps and rotator cuff work
    Usual range of motion stretches.
    Happy happy day
  • nohahorizon84nohahorizon84 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    Today was rest day but I felt energized, so I decided to wash the bedroom carpets manually I have been delaying this task for a while, sadly my back hurts real bad now from carrying wet carpets from the floor to the bath tub.
    even though I've been working out for over a month I can't carry small carpets correctly yet :/ a regular workout with stretching afterward would have been better

Looking forward to my stretching session tomorrow for release.
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,578Member Member Posts: 1,578Member Member
    Wednesday

6am sprint session with my trainer and her resistance band

50min piyo
    45min zumba
  • fishbonz3497fishbonz3497 Posts: 5Member Member Posts: 5Member Member
    One hour of fullbody then a 2.5 mile run
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Posts: 251Member Member Posts: 251Member Member
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Yesterday I went to the gym in the morning and did legs then took the dog for a 20 minute walk before work. Plan was to do 4 miles easy in the evening, but I decided to meet up with my running group and the planned route was a really hilly 6.7 miles, so I did that. Legs were toast by the end.

This morning I had planned to do yoga and 30 minutes on my bike trainer, but I have been running myself ragged this week and when my alarm went off all I could think was that I needed more sleep. Now I am at work wondering if I can cram in 30 minutes on the bike before leaving for the 5 hour drive to my mother's house this evening. I wish I could just let it go and accept that my body needs the rest, but my brain won't let me. Does anyone else struggle with this?? I know I needed the rest this morning and in the grand scheme of things, 30 minutes on the trainer is really nothing, but I still can't let it go...

we are stubborn fools... :wink: i used to train 6 days/week in martial arts. then somewhere along the way, i had to take a few days off (maybe busy work schedule, I dunno), and remember being so shocked when I got to the dojo afterward and was able to execute power and movements better than ever. That was in my twenties and that revelation is a reminder that rest and time off is just as important, if not sometimes more so at times, as exercise and time on. I just saw a video about this again a few hours ago, and the academic stated that of the people she interviewed about the essential need for "rest", professional athletes understood this better than anyone (she even displayed stats on how often athletes rested during game plays, between training etc). So, if you wanna be as good as some of our heros and inspirations (those folks who are super strong and fit), then follow in their footsteps and rest. i rested yesterday and had planned to go to yoga tonight, but cancelled. i will be far more productive, and so will my health, body and weight-loss, if I rest today...

you can do it! rest is awesome!
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Posts: 1,747Member Member Posts: 1,747Member Member
    today 11/27: 100 pushups, 44 min spin bike
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,497Member Member Posts: 3,497Member Member
    Went to wednesday evening erging: 20' @ 5k split plus 10", 10' @ 5k +4", 5" @ 5k with five minutes rest between each piece. From what I can tell, my entire row went under those splits for each of the pieces. My split for the last 5 min piece was 1:57.7.

Tomorrow morning is maybe sculling depending on how much I want to drag myself out of bed and Friday I said I would row half a marathon....there will be a group of us and if I do it, time wise I'll finish in the middle of the pack.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,497Member Member Posts: 3,497Member Member
    surfbug808 wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »

we are stubborn fools... :wink: i used to train 6 days/week in martial arts. then somewhere along the way, i had to take a few days off (maybe busy work schedule, I dunno), and remember being so shocked when I got to the dojo afterward and was able to execute power and movements better than ever. That was in my twenties and that revelation is a reminder that rest and time off is just as important, if not sometimes more so at times, as exercise and time on. I just saw a video about this again a few hours ago, and the academic stated that of the people she interviewed about the essential need for "rest", professional athletes understood this better than anyone (she even displayed stats on how often athletes rested during game plays, between training etc). So, if you wanna be as good as some of our heros and inspirations (those folks who are super strong and fit), then follow in their footsteps and rest. i rested yesterday and had planned to go to yoga tonight, but cancelled. i will be far more productive, and so will my health, body and weight-loss, if I rest today...

you can do it! rest is awesome!

One of my coaches is working towards hopefully going to the upcoming Olympics and yeah, he takes a rest day every Sunday. He also goes to sleep at 9:30ish every evening which I used to do and then somehow I get off of that schedule.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Posts: 2,848Member Member Posts: 2,848Member Member
    alf4shszktsi.jpeg

Apartment gym workout this morning. Happy Thanksgiving!!