What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,943 Member
    8173m, easy pace, beautiful day, rowing bow in the double.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Real world cycling. Climbing kind of day

39bp6apu08l4.png
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    None today :( heading to urgent care for my back
  • alexmose
    alexmose wrote: »

And here the bulk will end. I am out on a severe back injury for 4-6 weeks. Will focus on high protein and just eating when I am hungry, intuitive maintenance i guess.
  • AnnPT77

And here the bulk will end. I am out on a severe back injury for 4-6 weeks. Will focus on high protein and just eating when I am hungry, intuitive maintenance i guess.

So sorry to hear, @alexmose: Wishing you speedy healing! (Get those micros and fats, too, K? Also sleep.😉)
  • brianpperkins131
    brianpperkins131 Posts: 90 Member
    Rest day after 30 hours on the bike trainer doing a mountainous virtual ride yesterday.
  • alexmose
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

So sorry to hear, @alexmose: Wishing you speedy healing! (Get those micros and fats, too, K? Also sleep.😉)

We love sleep!!!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 1,031 Member
    I had a climb yesterday, and then did a 10 mile walk.

I was at a loose end today - my skin was insufficiently recovered to let me climb. I came up with a plan of walking to Bushy Park. However, I procrastinated, and left the house later than I meant to. So I only made it to the Thames - the park is a mile or so further. It was getting dark at the bridge, so I turned back.

The walk was around 17 miles.

n3ukbz14unjq.jpg

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    @alexmose -- I'm sorry to hear about your back. I wish I could say I can't relate.

First 5K today on a rowing machine in a while. Nice and chilly AM. Loved it. On little sleep, though, as my dog Toby (I think) had a bad reaction to his yearly shots. He's doing better now but it was a light sleep night.

Finished with 30 minutes on the LateralX. Been really consistent with my back rehab, pushups, lateral raises and weighted squats. I'm starting to look much bigger again in my chest, arms and shoulders. I am lucky in that I put on decent muscle fairly quickly. I think I've found a balance where it doesn't hurt my back.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Sunday morning movement: Team Body Project's latest session, "Totally Combos HIIT", followed by a 2-mile outdoor "cool-down" walk. My oh my, this weather has me thinking it's Springtime!! Lovely sunny 70-degree crisp air this weekend. Keep it coming!!
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    10 battle rope slams
    5 tire deadlifts
    Tire farmers carry 20 ft.
    5 tire deadlifts
    Sled push 20 ft.
    Tire flip 20 ft.
    10 pushups
    7 rounds
  • MikePfirrman
    edited November 2020
    Did all inside work. Rain in Tucson. Yay, but my rowing seat got wet and I didn't want to row without it. The mountains have snow on them right now. Just a dusting but it's nice to see.

Did 55 minutes cardio or so inside, all under 70% max HR. 25 on the LateralX and 30 on the Assault Bike. Most of the back rehab exercises/core work done for the day as well.
  • mytyglotz
    Glorious Summer-like November Day no. 5 (or so) began with Team Body Project's morning session:
    • Totally Combo HIIT with Alex
    • Just Move Evolve
    Then, this early afternoon, a lovely leisure walk with a dear friend of mine (only about 30 minutes around the neighborhood I live in, but thirty minutes of social time COMBINED with lower-intensity cardio activity is a lot better than zero minutes!!).

Happy Monday, Pals.
  • AnnPT77
    Another improbably warm, calm November day in mid-Michigan, warm enough to row the double in short sleeves (for the usual 7k-ish), and so calm I didn't much worry about the guy out in the single with us (even though he really, really can't steer yet . . . 😆 . . . he goes much farther than we do, with the zig-zags, but he's getting some speed nowadays so we don't need to slow down much to keep him in view for safety purposes).

This isn't today, it's a similar day late last week; and it's not the double, it's the quad. Our mix'n'match lineup: Me in bow (at right, in yellow, age 65 in a week), two women in stroke and 3 seat who are 73 and 74 respectively, and our 29-year-old dual medical doctor (DO) and PhD student guy buddy in 2 seat.

ejah0o3gsya8.jpg

Fall colors are fading, as you can see, but man, this weather lately has been amazing!
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    60 min hill climb on the treadmill
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Walked to the mall, hoping to go to the dog park later
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Gazelle glider in 10-15 minute intervals with fast walking in place on my exercise mat several times during the day.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 1,031 Member
    Climbed over lunch. I seem to be pretty weak at the moment - I got a forearm pump very quickly.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited November 2020
    First monthly CTC (monthly indoor rowing club virtual competition). I'm not really doing it because I'm competitive right now, just to see more if I can. Held out OK. Slow as hell, but did OK. It was a 1 minute/2 minute/3 minute/2 minute/1 minute row w/ 2 minute rests. Averaged under 2:00 (in the "old days", just two years ago, these would have all been in the high 1:40s, low 1:50s) -- so that, I guess, was good. First few faster then the middle two, but the last one was surprisingly decent. Still using really low DF (drag factor) so not to re-tweak the back.

Finished with the same routine on the Assault Bike. Nice cool day outside. Actually had to put the rower in the sun to warm up. Felt good outside.
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    1 hour on the stationary bike at Level 3 although the competitive guy in me said you can do Level 4 the sane guy in me said but but your right knee is not ready for it yet, and going swimming after work, and it aint summer any more folks
  • mytyglotz
    Team Body Project session again this morning - this time repeating "Evolve Engage", then taking a 2-mile outdoor walk in the thriving summer-mid-autumn weather during my thirty-minute break.
  • AnnPT77
    Just a li'l intentional walk, two birds one stone, getting outdoors for some fresh air (no sun, but warm), delivering a pair of earrings I made to a local friend who wanted them. A little over 3 miles, 3.8mph.

For some reason, my Garmin lost its mind on the walk: It was only gently rolling terrain, but it decided I went up 415 floors, and down 338 floors. Um, what? (Yesterday, when I was up and down the full flight of stairs in my house *at least* 10 times, and probably more like 20, it thinks I went up 7 floors and down 9 (trust me, I was up & down the same number of times - all my living areas are on the 2nd floor, so there's no way for it to be uneven up/down unless I sleep in the garage. I would've noticed. 😆)
  • colieblossom
    colieblossom Posts: 84 Member
    Cardio
    Stretch
    Walking
    Strength training
  • mytyglotz
    edited November 2020
    Veteran's Day morning session with the legendary Team Body Project:
    • "Walking Cardio Evolve"
    • "Boxing Resistance Express"
    • "H2O Refresh"

Happy, Blessed Veteran's Day!! Thank you to those of you who have served, who are serving, and thank your loved ones who have served and are in the service. God bless you all, courageous heroes.
  • snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    Legs: squats, weighted lunges, deadlifts. 62 mile road bike ride. It was a good leg day.
  • alexmose
    Update: Tragically was sent to the hospital and now a neurologist to see what this back pain is about. Sigh*
  • mytyglotz
    Update: Tragically was sent to the hospital and now a neurologist to see what this back pain is about. Sigh*

Oh no!!
    I am so sorry you are in pain.
    Try not to be discouraged.
    I am praying that not only you heal soon, but that you are in the most capable and graceful hands, and the neurologist figures it out. (:
  • marilyn32634
    marilyn32634 Posts: 8 Member
    I worked out like a beast yesterday doing 95 minutes of circuit training, so today was an active "rest day." Squeezed in 35 minutes of ab/core workout. 💪
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    A countryside walk in deep mud down to the waterfalls and back. Only 2 miles but it was nice to be down there. My boots are filthy now 😒
  • alexmose
    mytyglotz wrote: »

Oh no!!
    I am so sorry you are in pain.
    Try not to be discouraged.
    I am praying that not only you heal soon, but that you are in the most capable and graceful hands, and the neurologist figures it out. (:

Ironically, the doc was like 'pls continue to lift weights, we don't want you to become any weaker!!'