Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 13,262Member Member Posts: 13,262Member Member
    Another 8,892m on the Concept 2 rowing machine.
    You guys are exhausting me ;) I just got back into rowing on an erg after 25 (?) years and can last about 12 minutes. I love swimming, but I'm so slow.

<snip>

@girlwithcurls2, 12 minutes is great: If you enjoy it, keep it up, and both endurance and speed will improve - probably quite rapidly, as you've done it in the past, and are otherwise active. A lot of us on-water rowers break up the erg sessions into pieces of varying lengths with breaks, anyway, as you may know, so that's always an option. You may also already know this, but there are lots of great training tips and workout suggestions on the C2 website (https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/training).
  • happysquatterhappysquatter Posts: 38Member Member Posts: 38Member Member
    Squats.
    My name sorta gives it away

Followed that up with overhead press and Deadlifts plus Chin ups

• aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,387Member Member Posts: 3,387Member Member
    15,600ish meters rowing in an 8, rainy but not pouring. I'm still cold, but as one of my sculling coaches who just happened to be in my boat this morning said, "it could be way colder". The real issue is that my face ended up getting really cold which I don't think anything short of a balaclava could help.
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,558Member Member Posts: 1,558Member Member
    Saturday

No bootcamp today so I did parkrun. Disappointing overall time, combination of legs being tired from a week of being beasted and the start of an IBS flare up. But there were positives, I didn't stop or walk even on the hill, I didn't hate it (well I maybe hated the hills) and I finished strong.
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Posts: 245Member Member Posts: 245Member Member
    warm-up and approx 45 min fast speed swim, with cool down swim
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,558Member Member Posts: 1,558Member Member
    Sunday - active rest day

Supported a friend who is new to running.
    We started with a 2km run, where she got a pr
    Then the penultimate week of C25K.

30min beachbody on demand 3 week yoga retreat, week 2, day 2, stretch
  • Finafoshizzle93Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 127Member Member Posts: 127Member Member
    60 min spin class
    75 min power flow yoga
  • jhanleybrownjhanleybrown Posts: 199Member Member Posts: 199Member Member
    30 mile bike on gravel bike, non technical trails and road.

Plateau week on weight although trained pretty hard. (Does anyone else find themselves upping training to get off a plateau?)
  • Bookkeeper1024Bookkeeper1024 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    90 minutes Walking on the treadmill and 60 minutes on the elliptical
  • TheChangingManTheChangingMan Posts: 71Member, Premium Member Posts: 71Member, Premium Member
    50 minutes of weights then 30 minutes on the dreadmill.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,387Member Member Posts: 3,387Member Member
    Sat stroke seat in a quad this morning. It was a rather intense practice, the bulk of which was: 20' @ 18, 15' @ 20, 10' @ 22, 5' @ 24, 2.5' open rate. All of those were with 3 min of mostly active rest inbetween. As the coach that came up with that said during coffee, if you people don't eat second breakfast and take a nap then I didn't do my job.
  • drmwcdrmwc Posts: 263Member, Premium Member Posts: 263Member, Premium Member
    I have missed a bunch of stuff in this log (I think 1 bouldering session, 1 yoga session and 1 weights.)

Yesterday, I went for a swim. I was supposed to go bouldering, but I felt drained. So I swam 1.7km instead.

Today, I went bouldering for 2 hours. It was not a bad session, but not outstanding either. My new project is probably the hardest V3 at the gym: a twisting jump dyno to start; then a knee bar to get out of the cave. Those two bits are the crux.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Posts: 1,440Member Member Posts: 1,440Member Member
    Sat 12/7: 62 min spin bike (split into two 31 min vigorous sessions) , 100 push ups (40,20,20,20)
    Today 12/8: 100 push ups (40, 40, 20), 69 minutes of walking outside at brisk pace
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Posts: 245Member Member Posts: 245Member Member
    Easing back to gym workouts. 30 min stretching/warm-up, rowing machine, 60 min KB, abs, obliques
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 13,262Member Member Posts: 13,262Member Member
    Rest day yesterday, today back to 9,705 rowing machine meters, steady state pace. The actual work part (8K) averaged 2:31.9 pace, 20spm. According to Garmin, roughly half zone 4, a third zone 3, including the row in/out and CD.
  • BrownSugar174BrownSugar174 Posts: 165Member Member Posts: 165Member Member
    90 minutes on the elliptical machine! FOR! THE! FIRST! TIME! I normally do between 45 to 60 minutes! I was inspired by a fellow MFP member!!
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Posts: 1,126Member Member Posts: 1,126Member Member
    Yesterday at the gym was 30 minutes of rowing, 30 of Stationary bike, rest on the Endless Rope machine (like climbing a rope), Stairmaster and Spin Bike (2 hours total). Literally hopped into the pool yesterday (it's like 60 degrees) a few times after getting in the hot tub. It's the first time (this year) I've ever had a pool or a hot tub and I now see how valuable it is to take "ice baths". The amount of inflammation after a killer workout is ridiculously less after dipping into icy water for a minute or two a few times! Beyond grateful to have that as a recovery tool now.

For those wanting to do this, all you really need to do is hop in a cold shower, then take a hot bath (with Epsom salts). Same principle. My DOMS has been significantly less on days I do this.
    edited December 2019
  • jhanleybrownjhanleybrown Posts: 199Member Member Posts: 199Member Member
    Active recovery day. So far 35 min walking dog before work but goal is another 30 at lunch and 30 (with dog) after dinner. Body definitely craving a recovery day.
  • notmyachillesheel8notmyachillesheel8 Posts: 265Member Member Posts: 265Member Member
    Went HAM on upper body, then ran 1.5 miles then yoga to cool down
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Posts: 1,856Member Member Posts: 1,856Member Member
    I had a good strength session yesterday, and I was able to add weight for four of the six things I do that use weights. For some of the body weight exercises, I am ready to add some weight or find alternative exercises.

Warm up on a newer ergometer that I'm not used to. It's a "dynamic rower," and the sliding seat really doesn't move like I'm used to. I am not sure about technique, but I think I started to get used to it. There's a couple staff at the gym I can ask when I see them. The person that was there yesterday didn't know much about 'em.

Three giant sets of three groups of four exercises done without a break between, and a 90 second break between groups of four exercises:

Goblet squats
    Left side lunge
    Right side lunge
    Deadlift on a cable machine
    <90 second rest>
    Push up
    Smith machine row
    Dumbbell curl-to-press
    Assisted pull up
    <90 second rest>
    Tricep press
    Ab exercise similar to Dead Bug