Calorie Counter

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• lightenup2016lightenup2016 Member, Premium Posts: 1,013 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,013 Member
    5 mile run this morning, planning on StrongLifts this evening
  • ccruz985ccruz985 Member Posts: 646 Member Member Posts: 646 Member
    I follow home workout programs and I'm currently in the beta phase of T25. Today was dynamic core, glad it's done!
  • Finafoshizzle93Finafoshizzle93 Member Posts: 151 Member Member Posts: 151 Member
    45 min swim (2600 yards)
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 1,469 Member Member Posts: 1,469 Member
    Another of my usual of an hour on the rower again today. It was a warm one, so took the rower under indirect sun under the deck. A bit faster than yesterday, but still pretty light and easy. HR around a 70% of max average. Pace was easier than HR would have indicated. Didn't feel like a 70% max HR workout, felt more like a 60%, but I'm very much pacing myself as my body recovers from that flu. Think it was at least a few seconds faster pace than yesterday, which was 20 seconds slower than my usual per 500m (so seriously off). 11.5K meters.

I expect to pick back up to where I left off rather quickly as I recover more.
  • Carina_5738Carina_5738 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I did Fitness Blender's lower body pilates workout
  • jeff97266jeff97266 Member Posts: 93 Member Member Posts: 93 Member
    Three mile jog early in the morning.

edited March 6
  • Finafoshizzle93Finafoshizzle93 Member Posts: 151 Member Member Posts: 151 Member
    45 min swim (2500 yards)
  • jflongojflongo Member Posts: 287 Member Member Posts: 287 Member
    I started a new Powerlifting / Bodybuilding program this week, so week 1 / 12.

Today Deadlifts 4 x 10 sets, 285 lbs

Then a complete back workout after that.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,937 Member Member Posts: 8,937 Member
    PHUL
    Hyper Lower.
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 1,469 Member Member Posts: 1,469 Member
    Did an hour on the rower and didn't keep the HR too far in check. Wow, flu recovery as it affects the HR is like a science experiment. I burned 1000 calories in an hour and averaged nearly 160 HR, but was slow as molasses on pace (2:32 or so). Looked like a solid AT workout but felt like a 6 or 7 out of 10 in terms of effort. Was able to yell at my puppies when they were barking too much, so I was able to talk at nearly 170 HR, so all good (my HR runs genetically high, my max is around 195 and I'm 55, so I'm kind of an anomaly).
    edited March 6
  • kayak4waterkayak4water Member Posts: 127 Member Member Posts: 127 Member
    No big efforts. 60 minutes weeding and digging in the yard to plant 30 bulbs. 90 more bulbs to plant another day

Then building a 20' long wood plank walk along the side of the garage for 2 hours.

Hitting tennis balls left handed against a wall for an hour. I'm beat. I skipped swimming.
  • lightenup2016lightenup2016 Member, Premium Posts: 1,013 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,013 Member
    8 mile run this morning
    Strong Lifts this evening (I'm a weakling, so only at 50lb for deadlifts :# )
    90 minute row (Concept2) today (with only a short second break to pull the rower out of the rain to under the deck). 16.9K meters. Did a really nice job of mostly keeping the HR under 75% of max (145 for me).

Working my way up to a half marathon every Sunday.
    edited March 8
  • GettinLean19GettinLean19 Member Posts: 475 Member Member Posts: 475 Member
    4 mile walk slated for this afternoon
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,937 Member Member Posts: 8,937 Member
    Week 20 of PHUL. After this week I am done for the structured workout series. I will deload the weights and still run the exercise program but all for hypertrophy (8-10reps).

PHUL
    Power Upper
  • jhanleybrownjhanleybrown Member Posts: 229 Member Member Posts: 229 Member
    Have not been diligent logging and kcal discipline. Root cause is ibe been allowing myself a glass of wine here and there. Getting back on the horse.

Took 20 min cycling FTP test Saturday. Averaged 281 watts which estimates my FTP at 267 watts. (+15 woot woot!) Hope to get as close to 300 as I can.

Sunday, gravel ride with 2nd half on road yesterday with riding buddies. 47 miles all in.

So exercise going well. Just have to readdress kcals in.
    Have not been diligent logging and kcal discipline. Root cause is ibe been allowing myself a glass of wine here and there. Getting back on the horse.

Took 20 min cycling FTP test Saturday. Averaged 281 watts which estimates my FTP at 267 watts. (+15 woot woot!) Hope to get as close to 300 as I can.

Sunday, gravel ride with 2nd half on road yesterday with riding buddies. 47 miles all in.

So exercise going well. Just have to readdress kcals in.

That old rowing work is kicking in! Nice FTP test.

Today was same ol', same ol'. Easy one hour row, really just concentrating on HR, not pace. Might try a harder one tomorrow and see how some light speedwork feels.
  • JessAndreiaJessAndreia Member Posts: 358 Member Member Posts: 358 Member
    Deadlifts 3x5
    Seated leg curl 3x8
    Kinesis high pull 3x8
    One-arm dumbbell row 3x8 each arm
    Seated row 3x10
    Cable curls 1x12, 2x10
    4.5 mile run. First outdoor run since November and it felt great!
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 34,893 Member Member Posts: 34,893 Member
    45 minutes of running and walking intervals. For the first run really of the season it wasn't bad
    edited March 9