What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 966 Member
    I did an hour's yoga just after breakfast

Then I had a bit of a climb this afternoon. It was fun. With warm up and warm down, it ended up being just under three hours.

I did an evening walk, which left my plan of doing a minor bulk off to quite a bad start. I ate 3,200 calories, but was still nearly 500 below exercise adjusted target.

Anyway, here is me climbing:
    https://youtu.be/pEmFQ1dzM4w
  • pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    Ran 10 miles yesterday so today was supposed to be a rest day. Pressure-washed the patio and then got motivated to run 4.5 miles around my community.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,306 Member
    Too much smoke in the air. Two huge wildfires near Tucson from lightening the other night. Both are nearly 1000 acres now and one is growing rapidly.

Did 30 minutes on the AD Pro and 30 on the LateralX, which actually worked for calorie count today, which is really odd. 350 calories in 30 minutes, which is about right. I guess I was just on fire the other day burning 800 calories in less than 8 minutes! Must have been a glitch.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,852 Member
    edited June 2020
    x1u93j3iyrmc.jpg

That max speed tho
  • MikePfirrman
    Some progress on the local huge fire today -- 10% contained but the hotshots are fighting massive winds, which doesn't helps. I did get my row in this AM. Nice temperatures and favorable winds not blowing the smoke toward my house. Those guys that fight these fires are pretty impressive. They are going to be dropped in by helicopter today and fortify lines to keep it from spreading. Went from 150 acres to 1500 acres in two days. Dramatic pics of the mountains on fire here.

One hour row today, all keeping HR under 140. Shouldn't have gotten that high, to be honest, but I pushed a bit early on and my legs were sore from the LateralX machine yesterday. Temps were great - 67 degrees. Other than the fires, we've had some nice cooling temps. Back to hot by Wednesday again. 2:30 pace/20 SPM average. Big drop in pace on the second half. I upped the Drag factor a bit, that had some effect.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited June 2020
    Mon 6/8

MORNING
    41 Chin ups, 110 Push ups (both in sets to failure with minimal rest between sets)
    21 miles on mountain bike trails. Vigorous with many inclines.

AFTERNOON
    20 pull ups (overhand grip)
    I haven't been able to do pull ups because of shoulder injury..Since I have been building strength through weight training, chin ups and push ups over the past several months, I can finally start doing some pull ups too. Sets 7, 5, 4, 4....I've got to work up to higher numbers slowly but I'm happy with today!

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    This...we had to do it in less than 15 minute. Then started working through a 300 rep portion of the workout...I think I only got to 100.
    jycynpaud33g.jpeg
  • grmreapper
    grmreapper Posts: 29 Member
    11 miles was on my schedule to run. Didn't get started till 9:30 am it was so hot. Went through 2 bottles of powerade.
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Full body workout today!

Each circuit is 5 minutes long do AMRAP within that time.

Circuit 1:
    Alt DB Snatches: 6reps each side
    Box Hop: 8reps

Circuit 2:
    Bent Over Rows: 8reps
    DB Squats: 10reps

Circuit 3:
    Wall Balls: 10reps
    DB Push Press: 12reps

Circuit 4:
    Deadlifts: 10reps
    DB Thrusters: 12reps

Circuit 5:
    Ball Slams: 8reps
    Walking Planks: 6reps

Circuit 6:
    Push Ups: 6reps
    Squat Hops: 8reps
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Seeing this thread pop up on the first page every time I logged in this afternoon shamed me into finally doing my upper body workout after work. Short walk and an even shorter stair climb in the morning.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Yesterday was a 27 mile bike ride, today will be a short eliptigo session. :)
  • Bari_Tone
    Bari_Tone Posts: 45 Member
    We (4 to 6 of us) do push-ups at the office every M-W-F, about once per hour, just to break up the day and to quit staring at the computer screen for a minute. We track our push-up count on a spreadsheet.

Yesterday we surpassed 2,000 total push-ups in the past 6 weeks.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited June 2020
    Had to move back inside today. Air filled with smoke. Of all things yesterday, some idiot put his drone up after every news cast had said that putting a drone up risks the firefighters in the air, so all activity had to be stopped temporarily -- both on the ground and up in the air (because you have to see from the air if there's risk to guys on the ground. Hope they find this moron and press charges. Coming up on the seventh anniversary of the loss of the Granite Mountain Hotshots (an entire crew from AZ lost fighting the Yarnell Fire in 2013). So wildfires around here with the winds are no joke. Not as fast spreading as CA fires, though.

Article on the fire.
    https://tucson.com/news/local/wildfire-near-oro-valley-grows-winds-pushing-smoke-into-tucson/article_fd8f2900-a9cc-11ea-8d0f-ef6fa993f169.html

16 minutes of intervals (8 short intervals) on the LateralX, then 40 more minutes (8 more intervals) on the Assault Bike.

If this keeps up, I'll likely put the rower in the garage until the fires are out, which might be a while. No view, but minimal smoke.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Fitness testing is done, so I'm moving back into a build cycle. 66 minutes on the bike trainer. Ten minutes of various warmup cadences, then some single leg pedaling drills (which I hate) then 3 x 16 minute over/unders, then cooldown.

Each O/U interval is an eight step ladder of 2 minutes(VO2Max, Threshold, Tempo, Aerobic, Aerobic, Tempo, Threshold, VO2Max).

Will do 20 minutes of swim stretch cord work later today.
  • MaltedTea
    Bari_Tone wrote: »
    We (4 to 6 of us) do push-ups at the office every M-W-F, about once per hour, just to break up the day and to quit staring at the computer screen for a minute. We track our push-up count on a spreadsheet.

What a fun place to work!
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Monday:
    AM:
    20 minute warmup/cool down on treadmill
    21 minute HIIT circuit
    PM:
    30 minute doggo walk

Tuesday:
    AM
    30 mins running on treadmill, and free weights, focus on shoulders
    PM
    30 minute doggo walk

Tuesday/Thursday are meant to be my more leisure days, but I needed to move a bit more this morning after a rough sleep.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited June 2020
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Bari_Tone wrote: »

What a fun place to work!

I have done similar for years. It's amazing how much just 3 to 4 minutes, once an hour 3X a week adds up. I also find if I do it that way, it doesn't seem like a lifting workout as much and I don't dread it as bad. It takes me around 3 minutes to do 25 pushups, 25 weighted squats/KB swings or KB deadlifts and 15 single arm pressups (each arm). On top of my rowing, that keeps me in pretty decent shape.

I do miss the heavy lifting from the gym once a week or so, but this is a lot better than nothing and most would underestimate how much strength that 200 pushups a day, 3X a week will give you. Plus, it's proven to help with mental clarity throughout the day.
  • MaltedTea
    * 15k steps walking over 12km (where, like, half of this was me getting lost...again)
    * a truncated/shortened version of my lower body workout plan before bed because I was happily interrupted with a surprise visit